Going to College as an Adult

wormie

<Gold Donor>
198d 1h 28m
You're real problem is doing STEM which makes online degree almost impossible. Its kind of fucked if you think about. Want a worthless liberal arts degree, sure online is fine no vax needed. Want something valuable like STEM? Sorry Charlie. in class only and need a vax.

Honestly, just make a fake vax card and be keep going to class.
The STEM classes I want are still listed as online so hopefully this will stay that way. Math over zoom is fucking aids though.

• 1Like
Reactions: Sanrith Descartes

TheBeagle

Free Speech Extremist
107d 17h 17m
The STEM classes I want are still listed as online so hopefully this will stay that way. Math over zoom is fucking aids though.
If you are going to do some summer research in a lab without a mask, vaccine card, and Biden 2020 sticker....good luck. Went and visited my old lab in Montana last summer and it was ridiculous. And these were some of the top freshwater biologists/ecologists in their field, super smart people. Thankfully the superintendent of the campus, the guy that actually keeps the lights on and the equipment running, thought it was all horseshit and we ended up having a blast for a week. Not the lab geeks though.

wormie

<Gold Donor>
198d 1h 28m
If you are going to do some summer research in a lab without a mask, vaccine card, and Biden 2020 sticker....good luck. Went and visited my old lab in Montana last summer and it was ridiculous. And these were some of the top freshwater biologists/ecologists in their field, super smart people. Thankfully the superintendent of the campus, the guy that actually keeps the lights on and the equipment running, thought it was all horseshit and we ended up having a blast for a week. Not the lab geeks though.
Yeah I know wet lab is out of the question. Luckily what I was invited to do is purely in silico so I can do that poo remotely.

Sanrith Descartes

I love my shiny new medal, LLR
<Gold Donor>
86d 3h 59m
Yeah I know wet lab is out of the question. Luckily what I was invited to do is purely in silico so I can do that poo remotely.
What I find comical is the same academics now telling you that you can do your STEM degree "online" are the same ones who have been telling us for years online degrees are garbage. Funny that.

wormie

<Gold Donor>
198d 1h 28m
Also in order to make up for the stellar grades in the spring semester, on top of molecular genetics and research, I added an Operating Systems class. This should probably demolish me, will report tears in 6 weeks.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gold Donor>
86d 3h 59m
How to make a shitty class shittier? Assigned an old out of date text. A 20-year old book on global business is a joke. So much of the "old Western economies dead, long live the new kings of SE Asia and S America" predictions proven totally wrong by time. By 2020 everyone will be decoupled from the US economy and our global economic influence shall be gone. El-oh-fucking-el.

wormie

<Gold Donor>
198d 1h 28m
Man I fucking despise classes with heavy memorization. Give me some problems to solve, dont make me memorize 1000 page books. Fucking hell; i am too old for this shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: Sanrith Descartes

sindaael

Silver Squire
20h 17m
Feel like a damn failure in physics. Selected string theory prior to nuclear physics. Turned shit upside down everywhere. I knew better than that, but made a mistake.

This is like me picking a cleric in EQ over a dps. That won't get you fame in this world, which demeans the purpose. Nothing God could do after it's happened.

I liked physics too, but I no longer have the motivation for it based on this fiasco. Now I'm back to playing EQ again etc.

Sanrith Descartes

<Gold Donor>
86d 3h 59m
Feel like a damn failure in physics. Selected string theory prior to nuclear physics. Turned shit upside down everywhere. I knew better than that, but made a mistake.

This is like me picking a cleric in EQ over a dps. That won't get you fame in this world, which demeans the purpose. Nothing God could do after it's happened.

I liked physics too, but I no longer have the motivation for it based on this fiasco. Now I'm back to playing EQ again etc.
As I know nothing about physics besides using a level to lift heavy shit and how hydraulic cylinders work, I have no idea what your post means except that you think dps>healers which is wrong. 😀

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
62d 18h 1m
So I'm attending Southern New Hampshire for my online education. I'm going for a computer science degree until I transfer over to Florida State. These are two of the schools available for free through Sam's Club free education benefits.
Anyway, in order to get to ANY of the legit classes for my Computer Science degree, I'm 100% required to take a shit load of bullshit liberal nonsense. Liberal arts, social science... I think there are 6 classes in total, just to take my FIRST real Computer Science class. I even asked them to change it, and they said that every other class is locked out until I complete these classes first. What is this garbage indoctrination?

Sanrith Descartes

<Gold Donor>
86d 3h 59m
So I'm attending Southern New Hampshire for my online education. I'm going for a computer science degree until I transfer over to Florida State. These are two of the schools available for free through Sam's Club free education benefits.
Anyway, in order to get to ANY of the legit classes for my Computer Science degree, I'm 100% required to take a shit load of bullshit liberal nonsense. Liberal arts, social science... I think there are 6 classes in total, just to take my FIRST real Computer Science class. I even asked them to change it, and they said that every other class is locked out until I complete these classes first. What is this garbage indoctrination?
IF you are planning to get a BA or BS then 60 of the 120 credits are (it has many names) referred to as the IFP (intellectual foundations program) or an AA (Associates Degree). Its the basic courses to create a well rounded education that are required pretty much anywhere. These are the basic classes that let you survive other college classes. The IFP include things like College Algebra, English Comp 1&2, A hard science and a bio science, some Lit and Humanities classes etc. Now, I have rarely seen them lock you out of upper division classes until the IFP is completed but its not unheard of. If the classes they want you to pre-req are classes like the ones I listed, then yeah those are normal classes for a normal BA/BS.

If that isnt your thing, some schools offer BAAS degrees (Bachelor of Applied Science), these are more technical and focused in nature and lack some of the liberal arts core classes.

ps.. FSU does for sure require the IFP (or whatever its version is) for a 4-year degree. Go to the FSU college catalog and look up the degree requirements for a BS in whatever computer science track you are looking to get. it will list every required class for the degree. It will include College Algebra, English Comp 1&2, A hard science and a bio science, some Lit and Humanities classes etc.