Gold Rush

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Do you think they really keep their gold in glass jars or is that just because it looks cool on TV? That seems insane to me. I keep imagining them dropping one of those jars with $100k+ in gold in it and having to remine it from the parking lot gravel. How hard would it be to put it in a tough plastic container that won't break if you drop it?

Also, does ANYONE like the versions of these shows where they put tweets in the corner of the screen? Last thing I want is to be distracted by some random retard's attempt at a clever joke. The constant commercials at the bottom of the screen are bad enough.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BrutulTM;73560 said:
Do you think they really keep their gold in glass jars or is that just because it looks cool on TV? That seems insane to me. I keep imagining them dropping one of those jars with $100k+ in gold in it and having to remine it from the parking lot gravel. How hard would it be to put it in a tough plastic container that won't break if you drop it?

It seems they all store it in the jars. I'm sure its for television. I would think it to be a better idea to do what some of the other gold shows have done, smelt it on site.

Also, its just a small step towards this

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah the Twitter thing is pretty obnoxious, they do it on all their shows now and it's pretty annoying.

I don't see how Dakota Fred is making money, their operation is small and with fuel costs and what not, I just don't see how the guy turns a profit. Also he just bought all that equipment on credit which seems even crazier given again, I don't know how he turns a profit.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the Twitter thing is pretty obnoxious, they do it on all their shows now and it's pretty annoying.

I don't see how Dakota Fred is making money, their operation is small and with fuel costs and what not, I just don't see how the guy turns a profit. Also he just bought all that equipment on credit which seems even crazier given again, I don't know how he turns a profit.
I believe Fred was on his way to a profitable season. They have been doing ok when they are actually running. They just aren't half the time, and ducktapea Fred was really costing them with the half assed repairs. At least they have new equipment now, but short of him being dead on about the mother-lode at that ancient waterfall, that team has zero chance at a profit with the new dozer/excavator purchase.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No idea what it is about this show but I can't stop watching it. I kind of feel bad for Parker just b/c he's so young to have the whole future of his mine depend on him. I feel like it has to be Fred or Dave that hits the "mother lode" if that is even the proper term for it. Only two guys who really get shit done even if Fred wastes half his time on ghetto repairs to equipment. I just hope someone actually hits some serious fucking gold to qualify their "mother lode" statement.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It better be the Dakota boys. They have been talking about and building up the hype of that fucking glory hole for 3 years now.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That equipment isn't a straight-up expense, you only pay for the interest and depreciation and you can get a lot of your money back out of it when you're done with it.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
What pisses me off is Todd is too fucking stupid to have his crew hand pan their dirt. Fred and 2 others have found 70 something ounces doing it by hand but Todd and 5+ other guys can't do the same thing? Even if it takes forever at least you;re producing something...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It was pretty awesome when they did nothing but run dirt they had dug up for like 6 weeks only to get 7 ounces out of it because it all fell out the back.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dave should be on his own next season. Todd talking all this shit about 1000 ounces and he hasn't produced jack shit all season yet. Dave is the only reason they have any gold.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The trommel thing is just the kicker for me. He should of just went with what Dave was building.. Considering it was being designed by a gold mining expert...Competing makes 0 sense when people's livelihood is on the line.

Viktor

Molten Core Raider
What I really don't get is the times when they found out that they were washing gold away (bad setup) and not just re-run some of what came out. I mean, the gold is heavy so it doesn't wash away like the sand.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do they? I don't recall seeing one any where on their site nor remember them using one. Is it really small or something?
Definitely do. Remember they put the Hoffman's old plant up for sale in season 2, and bought their own. It's not nearly as big as Dave's, more in line I'd say with Parkers plant.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes hell he is friends with the guy who built the wash plant for dave why the flaming hell would you NOT have gotten freddie to just build you a second one. That way if something goes wrong you have the expert who helped design them just down the road from you.