Gold Rush

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
OK clearly this just confirms that the SUPER TROMMEL!! has never even been tested and was designed clearly on a "I think this should work" theory. From the motor burning out in 2 hours to the lining falling apart so soon clearly this thing was never tested. Obviously the guy who made it reached out to Todd and told him to put it on the show and more then likely offered a significant discount on it. Also correct me if im wrong but according to the show when they showed how the trommel works, it carries the heavy gold UPWARDS??? towards the sluice box and the water and dirt go downwards out the bottom? Did I see that right?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, the inner coil carries it up once it falls through to the bottom....but the guy who designed decided it was a good idea to anchor the blades with something other then a weld. Why he thought it was a good idea to secure something that moves hundreds of thousands of yards of material with an adhesive instead of a weld was a good idea is beyond me, he probably used the same logic that he used when he thought an engine the size of a car engine was big enough to power the thing.

Viktor

Molten Core Raider
Hehe Todd "I failed this summer". I think he means "I failed the past three summers".

His crew should have dumped his fat ass for Dave after he first showed up. But I guess it's all fake anyway

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
The investor telling Todd to drop one of his crew will be interesting. I wonder if Discovery Channel will try to play a part in this and have them contemplate getting rid of Thurber, the only guy people like on Todd's crew just to add some drama, then pull a 180 and somehow find gold and then have everyone stay. I can see it happening.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
The investor telling Todd to drop one of his crew will be interesting. I wonder if Discovery Channel will try to play a part in this and have them contemplate getting rid of Thurber, the only guy people like on Todd's crew just to add some drama, then pull a 180 and somehow find gold and then have everyone stay. I can see it happening.
Here is a preview from wiki of the next episode. Doesn't give away anything big but spoilering it just in case.
Todd forces his crew and Dave's crew to merge into one team. The Dakota Boys use their new equipment to get back down to the bottom of the Glory Hole. Parker risks his life to get paydirt from an abandoned mine site down a dangerous mountain road.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More lulz from Todd this week. Well guys it wasn't an easy move, but I think it was the right call merging the teams. As opposed by your other choice, pack up and go home so the boys with half a clue can actually mine gold. Can't wait to see the calls Todd makes over at Dave's team. Should go smooth.

Prediction. Todd pisses Dave off enough, and will be the beginning of the end of their working relationship for next season.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm not sure there's a single person out there that doesn't want Dave on his own team.

I kinda wish they would go back to the Amazon and try it there again.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know it's a 2 mile ride.. but instead of those guys sitting for weeks doing nothing, why didn't they just truck the dirt over for Dave's team to run?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I know it's a 2 mile ride.. but instead of those guys sitting for weeks doing nothing, why didn't they just truck the dirt over for Dave's team to run?
Because Todd Hoffman is a fucking moron. You notice that just by being near the other washplant it broke down. That dude is a mush and needs to just stay the fuck away from the other operation before he fucks it up.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Eh, Fuel costs would have been insane to do that I think and there is enough land on Indian River for them to clear to not have to do that I would think. I see the reasoning as to not do that and next season just put the same wash plant that Dave hands in Todd's claim and run what they dug this year at that time.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, Fuel costs would have been insane to do that I think and there is enough land on Indian River for them to clear to not have to do that I would think. I see the reasoning as to not do that and next season just put the same wash plant that Dave hands in Todd's claim and run what they dug this year at that time.
But isn't parker doing the same thing? The claim he is using is 2 miles from his wash plant right? I dunno, it just seems like all that idle time cost them a ton of gold when they had a deadline with an investor. I guess if he knows that claim will be his next season for certain there really is no rush.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Parker is going to be running dirt only from where the old base camp was, what was suggest above was Todd run the dirt from an entire claim over to another. Quite a different task I would think and many, many more loads.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
Parker is going to be running dirt only from where the old base camp was, what was suggest above was Todd run the dirt from an entire claim over to another. Quite a different task I would think and many, many more loads.
Yeah but the distances are about the same - each around 2 miles. The number of loads shouldn't matter, if you are making a profit off 10 loads then 100 loads of the same dirt should also make a profit, right? I think it was just stubbornness - Todd is great for the camera because he's a bumbling fool.

Anyways, did anyone notice that the show is no longer called "Gold Rush Alaska" and simply "Gold Rush"? It's because Todd and Dave are actually mining in Canada (Quartz Creek and Indian River are in the Yukon). Dun-dun-duuuuun

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't think you really get the math...Indian River is as close to a sure thing as they got. What would you rather have?

600 ounces with $20,000 in fuel?

or

600 ounces with $40,000 in fuel?

Why spend the extra on fuel when they don't need to?

Parkers situation is totally different, he has no gold....ANYWHERE and is taking a shot in the dark with no test holes or even prior panning. This is literally his only and last shot, he's all in at this point.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not only that, but they are running dirt faster at Indian River with all the machinery there.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Guys Tarrant is a gold mining expert. He has numbers on this shit.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just fail to see how you can not see it.
I see it. When I made that comment and I'm still unsure about this.. I don't know if they are guaranteed that claim next year? Know what I mean? Sort of how Dakota Fred stole their other claim. So for me it would be logical if there is a possibility they would lose the site.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah it's true we don't know the terms of their claim lease, one would assume a normal person would try to get a clause in it after that happened to them with Fred to prevent it from happening again....but this -IS- Todd we're talking about. I guess without knowing for sure it's hard to say either way. Either way they stand to make money with less costs by staying in Indian for this year at least I would think.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea, that place seems like it has some serious gold on it. I'm betting they probably do end up getting the 1000 ounces at this point.