GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
These writers really don't seem to be able to do Tyrion justice without GRRM material to work with. I hope this is them trying to show a level of discomfort with him being an outsider in Meereen, but I doubt it. I used to get really excited for Tyrion scenes in the show. Now? Not at all.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah Stannis lost most of his army to snow and desertion before he got to Ramsey, and they were half starved and prepared for a siege, not a battle. Also they all knew that they had no chance attacking winterfell with no provisions and their army decimated but Stannis was too stubborn to turn back even though everyone told him to.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
Yeah, Stannis's army had been gutted by the time he marched on the Boltons. I imagine Jon + Wildlings + some other Northern scheming (I'm not at all convinced that the Umbers are on Ramsey's side despite the Rickon offering) would be suitable to crush Ramsey.

Also, I thought ToJ was pretty darn good. The choreography at least was among the best in the show's history. Regarding the dialog, if they just rattled off what was in the book verbatim, it wouldn't have made much sense to anyone who hasn't read them. I didn't mind that they tightened that up. However, I would have much preferred seeing The White Bull along with some background on him and another minute or so split between additional build-up and fighting. Everything with this show anymore just goes by too damn fast. We didn't really need the Tyrion-is-bored scene - let the truly good parts breathe a bit more rather than fashioning useless scenes just to check characters' names off a list.

Debase

N00b
Why is everyone assuming Jon left Castle Black? He just walked out with no horse or supplies by himself? My bet is he will hang for a bit consulting with Davos until Sansa shows up. Bastard letter will arrive and then Jon will head to Winterfell.
this 100%. I don't see Jon leaving Castle Black immediately and even if he did, I assume the Wildings aren't all that far from the Wall given how fast they arrived to protect Jon's body.

I assume the Pink Letter says "Give me Sansa or Rikkon dies" and Sansa tells Jon what kind of monster Ramsey is. That will serve as the impetus for the battle. Also wouldn't surprise me if the Tully's and Vale back Sansa. Could see the Wildings staring down a massive Bolton army as Stannis did, but then Sansa and her host from Riverrun, White Harbor and the Vale swoop in and smash the Bolton army to pieces.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess its implied that since you gave up the black you no longer get to live in the NW barracks. So I guess he will just go live with the Wildings in the Gift or something? Either way it wouldn't be like he wandered too far yet.

He has no plan/reason to retake Winterfell either. Rickon or Sansa will be the vehicle that starts that. Or Ramsay/Karstark will just come to Castle Black like they said they would already.
Considering the half-assed way the show writers try to ape GRRM's style, I assume that Jon will be gone when Ramsay's forces show up and what's left of the Night's Watch gets brutally massacred.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes, Rickon and Sansa are the vehicle for Jon to organize an assault on Winterfel because they both get brutally killed next episode. Along with Dolorous Ed and the remainder of the Night's Watch. Then Jon becomes the last Stark.

Nailed it!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know if Rick and Sansa are 100% required. The actor who plays Jon said that his comment about after he died he just saw blackness was very important for the character's development. He realized he has to live this one life because there is nothing afterwards. He could take up the mantle to fix some of the problems in the world without requiring blood ties.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They could always bring that undead army that's been sitting on the dock of the bay for a season into the picture.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is only so much screen time bros. I get bitching about meandering writing and useless exposition but there are constraints here, with such a huge sprawling story.

Tower of Joy combat scene was some of the best in the show, or on TV period. If you thought that was gay, then you are fucking retarded. Combat isnt glorious, it isnt a spectacle. Its dirty and quick, not a choreographed ballet where each maneauver is an art, done with style and grace....like lol. It was a quality scene and it lived up to the hype IMO. The only combat scene better might f been Oberyn vs Mountain, or perhaps Brienne vs The Hound, but either way I think they deserve credit for it not criticism.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Absolutely, its stupid as fuck. Last episode before Ramsay killed Roose they were specifically talking about going to Castle Black to kill Jon Snow just because hecouldbe legitimized as a Stark.

But now he wants to keep an actual heir to House Stark for reasons? All logic says he should just get killed immediately. Unless Ramsay wants to use him as a lure to draw Jon Snow out to him as opposed to attacking Castle Black directly. Since they know about the Wildling Army he "leads" now. Ramsay didn't about the Wildlings in episode 2 and thought Castle Black was basically undefended. Or rather this was implied.
Ramsey doesn't give a shit about Jon Snow, he just wants Sansa back. Attacking Castle Black, killing Jon Snow, keeping Rickon alive are all plays to get Sansa back.

Tenks

My favorite part about the last episode is we learned Ned used to talk in a Scottish accent

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
The soldiers from the Vale are going to save the day, its pretty much spoiled from the preview for next episode. It an entire region of fresh soldiers, who have been loyal and loved the Starks since the time of Ned's father. The lands are fertile, the granaries are stocked, and the men full of honor. Once Sansa comes back and tells those guys that Ned Starks daughter was raped by the Boltons, that whole region is going to pissed as fuck and rally up their men. The Boltons men and whatever Northern houses loyal to them are dwindled from the war. With Jon Snow, wildlings, and possibly an Umber ruse, and a whole region of fresh soldiers, Ramsays time is close.

It looks like theyre taking Sansa to the Wall though, so I'm betting she either sends a letter to LF in the vale, or LF rallies the Vale himself.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ramsey doesn't give a shit about Jon Snow, he just wants Sansa back. Attacking Castle Black, killing Jon Snow, keeping Rickon alive are all plays to get Sansa back.
Then why did he specifically tell Roose they had to go to Castle Black and kill Jon Snow because he was a Stark threat to their rule of the North. He literally said that.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Im sure they can send letters from Castle Black. There's no maester for now, but I'm sure someone else can figure out how to send one of their ravens to the Vale.

Also, Jon Snow now firmly has Meli on his side too. Once he came back she had that line about him being the chosen one. I'm betting she becomes more fanatical than ever, firmly believes Jon is The One, and will do some crazy shit.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Then why did he specifically tell Roose they had to go to Castle Black and kill Jon Snow because he was a Stark threat to their rule of the North. He literally said that.
Well fuck me he did. Well the Karstark guy did, Ramsey was talking about where Sansa would go but your point stands.

Tenks

There's no maester for now, but I'm sure someone else can figure out how to send one of their ravens to the Vale.
They always made the ravens out to be a pretty specialized job. Only reason they put up with Sam was because he knew how to operate the birds.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Also, Jon Snow now firmly has Meli on his side too. Once he came back she had that line about him being the chosen one. I'm betting she becomes more fanatical than ever, firmly believes Jon is The One, and will do some crazy shit.
And we know Jon likes redheads!