GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else here think that Bran's comment about his dad hearing him is going to become important? I mean, I don't know how they would actually weave that into the story, but I do know that scene wasn't just randomly thrown in there. I'm curious as to the role Bran is going to play in the end, and how powerful he will become. There are about 200 other things that I'm wondering about, too. I've been defending the show so far this season, but that last episode really was a throwaway, and with less than 20 total episodes left, they really don't have that many to spare.

On a side note, I thought the TOJ scene was done very well. I don't know what the fuck some of you guys want. Did you want that scene to last 40 minutes? Cause most sword fights I can assure you don't last that long. It's just like a fist fight, it's usually over in under a minute. Shit is exhausting.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone else here think that Bran's comment about his dad hearing him is going to become important? I mean, I don't know how they would actually weave that into the story, but I do know that scene wasn't just randomly thrown in there.
I think Bran is going to learn how to rewrite history in some fashion

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Timetravel shenanigans are just.... UNGH.

I really really hope we don't rewrite history with Tree Magic and that was somehow in GRRM's grand design.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Sansa isn't of any value to Ramsay for cementing his claim on the North if there are male Starks around. They would have first claim. So any plan to get her back will involve eliminating Jon and Rickon afterwards.

And I agree that the Knights of the Vale are going to be paying a visit to Winterfell. Littlefinger already has Cersei's permission to bring the Boltons down. What we don't know is how Jon complicates his plans. We know he has some notion of the truth about Rhaegar and Lyanna from last season.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is only so much screen time bros. I get bitching about meandering writing and useless exposition but there are constraints here, with such a huge sprawling story.

Tower of Joy combat scene was some of the best in the show, or on TV period. If you thought that was gay, then you are fucking retarded. Combat isnt glorious, it isnt a spectacle. Its dirty and quick, not a choreographed ballet where each maneauver is an art, done with style and grace....like lol. It was a quality scene and it lived up to the hype IMO. The only combat scene better might f been Oberyn vs Mountain, or perhaps Brienne vs The Hound, but either way I think they deserve credit for it not criticism.
Except it was a choreographed ballet, just with shitty ballerinas. The fighting was every bit as over-choreographed as the lightsaber fights in the prequels, except it looks even shittier because either they have less competent people acting out the fights or less competent/lower budget editing. Maybe both. herp derp look at me spinning my swords in my hands before the fight starts, that's how you know I'm the badass. I mean who cares that it's a fantastic way to drop your sword, especially when you're wearing gloves. Who cares that a man without a shield, surrounded, and fighting 5v1 would get cut down in seconds, everyone is going to attack him one at a time and then swing directly into his parries instead of swinging at him.

The good fights in the series follow the general feel of the show. Oberyn has soundly beaten Gregor, but snatches defeat from the jaws of victory trying to get justice for his sister. Brienne vs The Hound was an brutal, ugly, honorless brawl for survival, little more than a street fight with swords. Totally awesome. The Tower of Joy fight was a turd, and probably indicative of the shitty fan-fiction level writing we can expect now that they can't just write by numbers following the books.

*edit*

No, I don't think Eddard almost hearing Bran means that Bran is going to be able to mess with history. IIRC someone started to hear him when he was watching that scene at Winterfell before tree-guy ended the vision. I think people hearing your voice is just a warning that you're close to getting stuck in the vision.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No, I don't think Eddard almost hearing Bran means that Bran is going to be able to mess with history. IIRC someone started to hear him when he was watching that scene at Winterfell before tree-guy ended the vision. I think people hearing your voice is just a warning that you're close to getting stuck in the vision.
That's what I assumed as well. If he gets to the point where he can actually change something, then he's stuck there.

It's also not clear if what he's seeing is actually happening, or just a vision of what has happened. So even if he did change something it wouldn't actually affect history.

Tenks

GRRM found a gold mine. We'll get years of alternate timeline GoT books. Bran distracts Jamie so the Mad King lives. Bran alerts Robb to the bowmen. Bran stops Renly from seeing the perversions which caused him to turn gay. Endless storylines.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
On a side note, I thought the TOJ scene was done very well. I don't know what the fuck some of you guys want. Did you want that scene to last 40 minutes? Cause most sword fights I can assure you don't last that long. It's just like a fist fight, it's usually over in under a minute. Shit is exhausting.
No one is bitching the scene wasn't long enough you Mongoloid. They were annoyed because a short and long wanted scene had its dialogue cut and fucked with.

Siliconemelons

Not a bad episode, ToJ could have been "more" and yes - I agree that it should have been as 1:1 as they could... What's her name being a "legit actress" and not showing tits is about as silly as not showing stannis' head getting lopped off (sans the fact he is alive with the hound* wondering the countryside)...

and 5 vs 1 ... I will agree if they all just rushed him he would have maybe only killed 2 or 3 of them, still better than 4.... and god, the sword spinning >_< but oh well... till next week!

Debase

N00b
No one is bitching the scene wasn't long enough you Mongoloid. They were annoyed because a short and long wanted scene had its dialogue cut and fucked with.
This. Here is the dialogue from the book:

Eddard: I looked for you on the Trident
Ser Gerold: We were not there
Ser Oswell: Woe to the Usurper if we had been
Eddard: When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were
Ser Gerold: Far away or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn in seven hells.
Eddard: I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.
Arthur Dayne: Our knees do not bend easily
Eddard: Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him.
Ser Oswell: Ser Willem is a good man and true,but not of the Kingsguard.
Ser Gerold: The Kingsguard does not flee.
Arthur Dayne: Then or now
Ser Gerold: We swore a vow
Arthur Dayne: And now it begins
Eddard: No. Now it ends
How many more seconds would that have taken to show? A minute? Cut that stupid scene with Tyrion before Varys arrives from the interrogation to the small council.

Tenks

I don't know why you people are so gay for the writing it isn't like its poetry. They gutted it because no one knows who the hell half those characters are if they watch the show.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't know why you people are so gay for the writing it isn't like its poetry. They gutted it because no one knows who the hell half those characters are if they watch the show.
Seriously, you fucking dorks nitpick the shit out of this show. There are some lame things, no doubt, but I feel they handledthatdialogue just fine for the show.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
wait, so the TV show is not word for word from the book? WTF is this shit??

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This. Here is the dialogue from the book..
the dialogue wasn't great, but it was Ned stark and an unknown great swordsman, from the perspective of someone that is watching the series

worked out great for me, wasn't expecting littlefinger - vaerys dialogue level