GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
fuck realistic, im not even touching how the oil traveled up stairs or why the dothaki didnt just jump out those slatted windows. the author has made it very clear that dany is not fireproof and now she is when no targ has ever been. its like saying that because a duck can swim then he must also be able to swim to the deepest depths of the ocean as well. it may be a small issue to some, but its a fundamental shift in her character
No, all Targs are not fireproof. Dany is. Therefore, Dany is special even among Targaryen's. Not that crazy of a concept.

And just because GRRM had intentions years ago doesn't make him 100% committed to it. Interviews shouldn't be considered canon.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
the thing about the show that has veered off from the books is that when you play the game of thrones people die. nobody is safe. they just gave dany plot armor by making her a meta-human
I think the show has done a pretty good job with her heat resistance.

First, Dany walked into a scalding bath no reaction.

Then she picks up an egg that burns her handmaidens palm but not hers.

Burns herself in the pyre.

Lets her dragons breathe fire around her with no reaction while killing the warlocks.

Finally the show also goes on to tell of what Aerys Targaryen hoped he would become through Jamie's convo with Brienne, which she has achieved - minus the wings and scales.

I would also not be surprised if there is a wildfire trick used later in the show by Tyrion and her, maybe it's the only thing that can defeat the big bad Night King or something.

EDIT: going down that train of thought since the mad king is universally reviled it would be pretty Martin like if he did something that ended up giving her the power to save everyone left in Westeros from complete annihilation. Thus becoming the reason everyone can live happily ever after.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Column is right. Got book readers are like fucking vegans. Had the books spoiled two years ago so i read them. Can definitely see more bullshit in this thread since im reading both threads and seeing the mass faggotry.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sorry if this has already been discussed not had chance to catch up with all the posts in this thread. I have a feeling that the Tyrell's are going to get raped pretty hard when they roll into Kings Landing, The Highsparrow told something to Tommen a few episode ago that we never heard, then in the last episode again Tommen said to the Cersi he has a secret to tell her that we never heard. I think the High Sparrow told him that the Tyrell's were responsible for Joffery's murder confessed to by Margaery's brother (I forget his name). Cersi being how she there is no way she is helping them to free Margaery without an alternative motive

Just to clarify for those of a sensitive disposition, that I have never read any of the books and the above is my thinking based on watching the show and a bit of Internet searching to double check a few things

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guys. Being immune to fire is like the worst superpower ever. Why are you making this a big deal? It's like in Pokemon when Pikachu electrocutes Ash or Charizard chars his face, you're immune to your own pets damage. Of course she's resistant to fire, otherwise she couldn't play with her pets.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Not really. This makes her seem bad ass outside of just her dragons. She straight up just murdered their leaders and walked out of fire plus she has 3 dragons that she didn't even need.

Otherwise she's just some chick who's only power comes from her pets.
I said 'cooler'. I'll take a badass dragon blowing them the fuck out vs chick knocking napalm-filled braziers over. That scene was gay, regardless of the point it was trying to get across. She could have still been in the fire and survived if they wanted to show how powerful she was.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I completely disagree. There's no way that her dragons showing up unites the Dothraki behind her like this did. They knew she had dragons when the council of khals voted to have a rape train on her. She did this single handedly which is what makes her the fabled stallion that mounts the world or whatever they call it.

Also, of all the half-assed "literary criticism" of this show, "OMG DOORS CAN'T BE LOCKED FROM THE OUTSIDE" might take the cake.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Guys. Being immune to fire is like the worst superpower ever. Why are you making this a big deal? It's like in Pokemon when Pikachu electrocutes Ash or Charizard chars his face, you're immune to your own pets damage. Of course she's resistant to fire, otherwise she couldn't play with her pets.
Well, she just killed 10 of the baddest motherfuckers in the world, single handedly, in about 30 seconds. The fire immunity throughout her arc has made her the most powerful person In existence for now save maybe nights king but she'll burn his ass too.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Well, she just killed 10 of the baddest motherfuckers in the world, single handedly, in about 30 seconds. The fire immunity throughout her arc has made her the most powerful person In existence for now save maybe nights king but she'll burn his ass too.
What? Who besides her actually uses fire to kill their enemies?

Her dragons and army are what make her powerful.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see why its necessary to make her a personal badass rather than relying on her dragons. Had Drogon just eaten all the Khals, I don't see how that would have sullied her reputation any. Her power and the power of the dragons are inextricably linked in my mind.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I haven't read the books and I'm the person who said Rhaegar and Lyanna might be Jon's parents. Sorry Column.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theon is just going to shoot an arrow through her head anyway. It's really not a big deal.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I don't see why its necessary to make her a personal badass rather than relying on her dragons. Had Drogon just eaten all the Khals, I don't see how that would have sullied her reputation any. Her power and the power of the dragons are inextricably linked in my mind.
Because now she is the Christ of the Khalasars. She's gonna have to go crazy or die before the end of the story now, you can't just leave a Jesus figure alive in a story.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
He's Jesoses, he rose from the dead after 3 days, but led the Wildlings out of the Frozen Sinai.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What? Who besides her actually uses fire to kill their enemies?

Her dragons and army are what make her powerful.
Since there is this little item called "Wildfire" created by the alchemist guild, I would say plenty of others use fire as a weapon in this realm.