GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lenas

Trump's Staff
^^ Definitely is. The book and the show are both consistent with their stances on her (in)vulnerability. Ultimately it doesn't matter.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Y'all are making this way more complicated than it needs to be. Dany is fireproof in the show because fucking dragon scenes cost some serious $$$$$$.

There is no other reason. Convenience and cost.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Still laughing about this tbh

h8r41sm.gif

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
On the show she didn't lose her hair in the pyre fire. That was book only, it's consistent in the show.

However, in the book, she is def not fire-proof. This is during her encounter with Drogon in the fighting pit:

And after:
Interesting, I stand corrected. Your first quote isnt convincing (she may have been afraid without any actual vulnerability) but if she had burns, you are right, she wasnt fireproof.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea.. I just can't even think of a plausible way you'd think there is any reason to even mention 'the '3' dragon riders' if you aren't familiar with the books. There's nothing in the show suggesting that anyone, anywhere, is going to become a dragon rider. Much less 3, specifically. I could see predicting Dany, and maybe even Tirion, learn how to ride the 2 dragons left behind or something along those lines.

I've heard about that prophecy from random internet sources, but the details are fuzzy to me as I haven't read through the books. I know it has something to do with Melisandre's comment about the 'prince that was promised' though.

I'm just hoping Jon becomes the Warden of the North when Dany finally invades and roflstomps Westeros, with Tirion as her Hand of the King(Queen). Littlefinger gets the throne briefly before she invades, just for fun.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Y'all are making this way more complicated than it needs to be. Dany is fireproof in the show because fucking dragon scenes cost some serious $$$$$$.

There is no other reason. Convenience and cost.
That's not it at all. Martin wanted to show that Dany could be powerful all on her own, without her dragons, and without her armies. That scene did an excellent job of doing just that. They wouldn't have followed her if the dragon would've shown up and killed them (and probably would've killed everyone else there as well). When she walked out of the fire unscathed, they now believe her to be some sort of god, and are willing to follow her.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Didn't Little Finger tell Sansa about how Rhaegar publicly dropped flowers on Lyanna's lap at a tourney?

Pretty sure enough clues have been dropped in the tv show for people to put 2+2 together

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It is both. The dragons cost money so they won't use them if they can come up with an alternative that is just as entertaining. It also allows Dany to show she isn't totally reliant on her dragons to be a badass.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Damn forgot how shitty this thread got between episodes. Let me know when you faggots done being faggots