GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Rhoynar civilization disagrees with that sentiment. Water magic is very ineffective against dragonfire apparently!

And even when you do "win" you're capital is turned into a mist shrouded ruin for a thousand years.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fire counters Ice in Pokemon. I think you mean Water Dragons.

But I think ice is super effective against flying, actually. So you'd end up with a neutral attack with fire dragon vs. ice dragon. Water dragon is still what you want.
But dragon counters dragon in pokemon

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Rhoynar civilization disagrees with that sentiment. Water magic is very ineffective against dragonfire apparently!

And even when you do "win" you're capital is turned into a mist shrouded ruin for a thousand years.
I don't think any amount of water is going to stop 300 dragons.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Savage.

o2gQDX.gif

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe dragons can't handle the cold and are useless in the north.

Dany, Asha's Ironborn, and Dorne vs Lannister/Martell/Frey while the Tullys and everyone north of the neck faces the Walkers? It'd certainly be more satisfying if the Starks/Tullys get involved in making Frey Pies somehow. But if they take the twins then they are back to war against the throne again in the dead of winter.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe dragons can't handle the cold and are useless in the north.

Dany, Asha's Ironborn, and Dorne vs Lannister/Martell/Frey while the Tullys and everyone north of the neck faces the Walkers? It'd certainly be more satisfying if the Starks/Tullys get involved in making Frey Pies somehow. But if they take the twins then they are back to war against the throne again in the dead of winter.
Drogon seems to cruise at a fairly high altitude. I'd imagine its pretty cold up there.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Read an article earlier where Kit said he actually hit the actor playing Ramsey when shooting the scene a couple times on accident and had to buy him a beer afterwards.

I know the guy was just acting but he was such a doochenozzle in the show I think he deserved it!

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
They could have either have them mention it but go anyways or NOT show us her letter to little finger and let us be surprised when they show up. Showing us help was coming ruined the suspense of reinforcements saving the day and us knowing they were coming and her not saying anything just makes her look retarded as well.
I think on the contrary it made her look very crafty. She knew Jon was going to fall into the trap Ramsey was gonna lay because she new Ramsey would use Rickon like a bitch. She also knew that ahd she added her knights to the army they would have been out of her control and would have just been in the regular fight.

So instead she used her brother and the wildlings as bait to draw Ramseys forces out where a cavalry charge would do the absolute most damage to them. Plus of course this solidifies her grip on the area, she has the knights versus the broken wildling army to control the North.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think that is truly a fucking stretch. She only appealed to the Vale army after they were unable to rouse enough support under the Stark name.

This tells us that she didn't want to rely on the Vale and admits to hating Littlefinger. Nothing this season has had this level of subtlety. There is zero reason to think they're applying such craftiness now. Its probably as direct as she said. The reason for her not telling Jon about the Vale possibly coming to help is just the continuing Stark stupidity in the show.

What was the reason she gave Brienne when she asked her why she didn't tell Jon that the Vale could help them? I forget, but I remember it being some bullshit non-answer.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
absolutely no way did sansa lie/withhold truths as a way to manipulate the outcome of the battle. anyone that expects otherwise, this is just another case of people expecting too much from the writing this season.

that said, tho, i enjoyed the fuck out of this episode. one of the best battle scenes from anyTV Showever. period.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I think we are set up to have a bunch of queens ruling westeros. Danny, Sand snakes, Yara, add in Sansa, and maybe Little bear, also Margery could join up if she lives. fuck it, let Brienne rule Tarth too(with Tormund by her side!)

Jon is for sure not going to rule winterfell. He's going to die again or find a purpose north of the wall or some shit. Maybe rebuilding the wall with lil Bran, or banging the sand snakes in dorn.

I really want Cersie to burn down kings landing next episode, but i'm thinking they wait.

I have lots of minor gripes about the episode, but they did not bring down the overall awesome.

A+ will watch again... and again

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
absolutely no way did sansa lie/withhold truths as a way to manipulate the outcome of the battle. anyone that expects otherwise, this is just another case of people expecting too much from the writing this season.

that said, tho, i enjoyed the fuck out of this episode. one of the best battle scenes from anyTV Showever. period.
I would take that too film along with TV.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Episode had so much good stuff. One of my favorite shots was Davos at the pyre with the rising sun almost looking like the pyre was on fire. Wonder if that was all natural or it got cgi'd a bit.
Basically all lighting in TV shows and movies is tinkered with now. There was an interesting extra feature on one of the LOTR extended editions that showed how it worked etc. But you can be sure that pretty much every single frame has been tweaked with in just about any TV/movie production these days. Mostly it's very subtle and you don't even notice it.