GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Robb got killed b/c he fell in love and betrayed his pledge. Everything else sorta lines up...although didn't Karstark want to murder them simply b/c Robb wouldn't let him kill Jaime (not just about letting Jaime go, just keeping him alive in general)? I figure if Jaime was killed Sansa definitely would have suffered repercussions in KL once word got back.

Also...if we're REALLY going to go all the way back...it's all on LF in the first place for starting the whole thing with Lysa. Killing Jon Arryn, but manipulating Cat and the Starks to believe it was all the Lannisters, the question of the dagger on the grunt who tried to off Bran. Without the false pretenses of the story LF helped concoct regarding the Lannisters to begin with, and the dagger's ownership in question (believing it was Tyrion's)...perhaps Cat doesn't make the first stupid decision to seize Tyrion while on the road.

Of course...regarding Bran, Lannisters (Jaime) were actually at fault, but the false accusations against Tyrion that actually started the war was all a product of LF's plot.

WHen Jaime tried to escape t he first time he killed 2 Karstarks. He wanted Lannister to die. Cat let him free. Karstark demaded she pay for robbing him of justice for his sons. Robb refused. Karstark lost his mind and killed the two lannister boys as revenge for his loss, and assuming Robb was weak and wouldn't retaliate. He had already lost all faith in Robb for allowing his mother to let Lannister free.

No one wanted Lannister dead to start. They knew he was UBER valuable alive, both as a chip against tywin and to protect the lives of the Stark girls. Once he killed Karstarks son, Everyone still knew they needed Lannister alive, but Karstark was gone mentally by then. And when he felt betrayed by Cat and robb, and robb lost the Karstarks and a prisoner, Roose turned on him to save the northerners. And gain power.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it the fault of the serpent for saying 'hey check out this awesome apple' or is it the fault of the dumb twat who actually takes the bite?

*edit*

I mean that's a really terrible analogy but it's still less dumb than just saying it's all Baelish's fault.

Last edited:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been the OG for hating the Starks. After the shit Cat and Robb were pulling I don't know how anyone still thought they were the good guys of the story. Bunch of self-serving assholes who think they're the only people in the universe. At least the Lannisters think that and own it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WHen Jaime tried to escape t he first time he killed 2 Karstarks. He wanted Lannister to die. Cat let him free. Karstark demaded she pay for robbing him of justice for his sons. Robb refused. Karstark lost his mind and killed the two lannister boys as revenge for his loss, and assuming Robb was weak and wouldn't retaliate. He had already lost all faith in Robb for allowing his mother to let Lannister free.

No one wanted Lannister dead to start. They knew he was UBER valuable alive, both as a chip against tywin and to protect the lives of the Stark girls. Once he killed Karstarks son, Everyone still knew they needed Lannister alive, but Karstark was gone mentally by then. And when he felt betrayed by Cat and robb, and robb lost the Karstarks and a prisoner, Roose turned on him to save the northerners. And gain power.

I feel like Roose was always going to turn on the Starks, was just going to look for whatever the best opportunity was going to be (in addition to the Lannisters looking for anyone they could ally with/buy off with power up North to betray the Starks. Good call on rest of the timeline, I thought he had wanted revenge from the start.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think Roose saw an opportunity presented by Tywin and took it. He saw from the inside out that the northern rebellion was lost after losing the Karstarks and the knew the alliance with the Twins was over as well completely. I don't know if he entered the rebellion with the desire for backstabbing but was not opposed to it, either.

Vaultek

Molten Core Raider
Also, in the books at least, Roose was given command of a large chunk of the northern forces in order to capture objectives separate from the main force Robb was leading. The whole time Roose was intentionally putting non-Dreadfort troops in the Vanguard while keeping his own forces in reserve. So basically weakening the north's forces as a whole while keeping his loyal numbers untouched. Even going so far as to assault non-critical objectives such as capturing Dukendale (a caslte in the crownlands that was pretty out of the way, and in no way between Robb's forces and King's Landing) which had little to no strategic value. Robb wasn't too happy when hearing about that seeing as it was around the same time he just lost the Karstarks and the Freys (this is after hooking up with Jeyne Westerling/Talisa(?) in the show) and after Edmure fucked up Robb's plans to lure the Lannister forces west.

Siliconemelons

Once they had Jamie they should have stopped and made a line - said we r teh north, piss off. Given his loyal people titles and lands..if any to give.

Negotiated the release of the sisters for jamie- and held a defensive war.

But Cat screws it all up...and did cause it, by nudge of little finger

Oldbased

> Than U
Hulu running free month + free month HBO access which has seasons 1-6 and will have the episodes as they air.
If you want it all free wait until the 28th/29th to start trial so you capture all 7 episodes as the 7th and last episode for the season will be August 27th then cancel.
Fuck giving them bitches money.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I torrent a ton of stuff, but I subscribe to HBO through Amazon Prime. They deserve my money.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Hulu running free month + free month HBO access which has seasons 1-6 and will have the episodes as they air.
If you want it all free wait until the 28th/29th to start trial so you capture all 7 episodes as the 7th and last episode for the season will be August 27th then cancel.
Fuck giving them bitches money.

You don't even need Hulu. You can just sign up for a free month of HBO Now directly and skip the Hulu middleman.

I can understand not wanting to give Hulu money, but if ever there was a channel/service that deserved money, it's HBO. I gladly pay my $15/month for my HBO Now subscription.

*Edit* Also, I have only praise for HBO Now. It's super user-friendly and works extremely well. I've never run into any technical or other issues. Having live HBO + the entire back catalog of movies and TV shows at your finger tips on any device for $15/month? Doesn't get better than that. Highly recommended if you're a cable cutter like me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
You don't even need Hulu. You can just sign up for a free month of HBO Now directly and skip the Hulu middleman.

I can understand not wanting to give Hulu money, but if ever there was a channel/service that deserved money, it's HBO. I gladly pay my $15/month for my HBO Now subscription.

*Edit* Also, I have only praise for HBO Now. It's super user-friendly and works extremely well. I've never run into any technical or other issues. Having live HBO + the entire back catalog of movies and TV shows at your finger tips on any device for $15/month? Doesn't get better than that. Highly recommended if you're a cable cutter like me.
The Hulu step for me is vital so I can stream it on TV. My BluRay doesn't have a only HBO app and I don't have the sticks for apps.
The free part is just me pinching pennies since I have not worked in 2017 due to declining health.
Figured someone else might be needing to save and wanted to see GoT.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I torrent a ton of stuff, but I subscribe to HBO through Amazon Prime. They deserve my money.
840466.gif

• 5Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why is that funny?

Because hes a cheap faggot.

HBO consistently puts out top quality content so they deserve my money. It's not like back in the day where you had to pay for 100 channels to get maybe 3 you actually watched.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like HBO so much I download and sub to Hbo Now so they not only get my sub fee but that sweet metric data.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This is a reminder that there will be spoilers throughout this thread.

The only time you must put something in spoilers is for something that has not aired yet, like a leak.

The night of an episode it is your fault if you visit the thread during the airing or before it has happened in your time zone.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users