GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cybsled

Glad I don't know who the fuck Ed Sheeran is, since so many people appear to be getting triggered by his cameo lol

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Took less than 5 minutes to jump into the SJW faggotry with the whole spiel about north women fighting.

• 6Picard
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
They stretched out the Dragonstone scene enough that by the end I was almost convinced that Stannis was going to be waiting behind the last door. Fuckers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I bet that Euron Greyjoy sails his crazy ass back to Valyria and gets Cersei some horrible magical doodad as a gift

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Well, it is valid strategy. The undead women will be fighting, so the living ones might as well do their part and start throwing spears and shit rather than just die helplessly and become a giant zombie horde.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
what are you talking about? Jon being a retard and Sansa calling him out on it? or jon saying everyone fights cus it's fucking army of undead?

• 1Picard

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Some of you piss ants have a fucking low threshold for amazement. It was a fine opening episode but nothing worthy of praise just yet.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
It was a great opening for GoT which typically opens slow as fuck and slow builds over the course of the season. Probably the best ep1 they've ever made. That's not saying much. It's usually at least 2-3 episodes of build up before any payoff whatsoever so having payoff in the pre-title scene was great.

But of course they said it was going to be full speed right out the gates, so we expected it to be to epic, and honestly I think you are right, it was just "alright". I expected more pay off tbh.

edit: Overall had lots of story advancement and emotional build up with very little dialogue and only 1 "hotdamn" moment (arya's opening scene)

Did a good job of grounding the story and building up emotional connections for later payoffs. The hound/BwoB scene (they're pretty much all going to die this season), Arya's soldier scene you can already tell is building up to a redemption arc for Arya (won't be a heartless killer for the rest of her days).

The Samwell scene was just humorous enough to get through the montage without distracting from the overall story and it advances the boring storyline of "your a wizard now harry" the swiftest way possible and gets the info sent to the right people.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Off to a good start. Now that we are out of book land there are no more spoilers. Ser Friendzone gonna get some cure this season? Octopod going to show us his secret moves?

Cybsled

Did a good job of grounding the story and building up emotional connections for later payoffs. The hound/BwoB scene (they're pretty much all going to die this season), Arya's soldier scene you can already tell is building up to a redemption arc for Arya (won't be a heartless killer for the rest of her days).

I wouldn't be surprised if Arya's finale is she sails West. She had that throw away line about no one knows wtf is in the western sea, so after her murder spree ends, maybe she decides to ditch Westeros and sail off. Maybe Jaq'uen joins her. I wouldn't be surprised if he is secretly keeping tabs on Arya during all of this, since she is basically running around with a pretty OP assassin skillset.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Took less than 5 minutes to jump into the SJW faggotry with the whole spiel about north women fighting.

Seemed more like big fucking army of dead is on the way, we need everyone.

Anti-SJW confirmed worse than SJW. Jumping at every shadow.

• 6Like
  • 6Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 15 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So... Nymeria, thats a thing. Also in the preview they make it seem like the North figures out that Jon is a Targ, but it is probably just a fuck you to the viewers; and instead they are told that Dany has landed at Dragonstone.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I fucking hated Euron's outfit. I felt like he was about to start performing street magic.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I bet that Euron Greyjoy sails his crazy ass back to Valyria and gets Cersei some horrible magical doodad as a gift

I thought the implication was quite clear that the gift would be Danaerys and Tyrion's head.