GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sail east and set up shop on the beach of Westeros between lannister and the north. Chop down forest since no one is around, Kill anyone who sees you.

You know, Reaving, what their whole "kingdom" is about. I dont care about the trees. They would steal whatever they need. The time is annoying but doesnt make or break.

When theons sister stole 100 or so ships, did they say it was half the fleet? So they built 800 more? Or was her theft a smaller chunk of the existing fleet.

You can't build ships that size on the beach, you need a shipyard.

The way it came off was they stole 100 or so out of a fleet of 1000, at least this past episode. I mean fuck, if it was really 1000 new ships they had to build, forget how fast they built them, how the hell was there that many trees left at all to build them.

Euron says "Build me a thousand ships", that's a direct quote after Yara and Theon take off.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
The hounds growth has been quite extraordinary since the beginning.

#teamSandor

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
oh yeah, and i already knew about this one, but Bronn's 90s british pop band was way worse than Ed Sheeran's music:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I hang out in IRC with some people that I have been hanging out since like 1998.

I have a few being a pain in the dick about spoilers, they are the only two without a job yet wanting us to take any discussion to a different channel because the 9-5 job people might not have seen it yet.

We have all seen it and are talking about it ... you two piece of shit low lifes haven't for some reason that isn't my problem. One happens to be a tranny but I digress. They are a married couple also. Fuck them bitches.

I think I would have to point out that the show airs at 9 PM on Sunday and thus does not interfere with a 9-5 job in any way.

The way it came off was they stole 100 or so out of a fleet of 1000, at least this past episode.

I don't know how many soldiers a medieval ship carries, but unless it's 1000 men I don't think 100 ships could transport Dany's army, especially if the Dothraki are bringing their horses.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Arya scene was good but if they do anymore it's going to get old real fast.
Yeah the only problem I had with it, not really a problem, is that I don't understand how they make her that powerful and yet we all know she's not going to kill Cersei, at least not for a while. So some dumb shit is going to have to happen to prevent that.

As far as the Freys go, a good Frey is a dead Frey. Fuckem.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the only problem I had with it, not really a problem, is that I don't understand how they make her that powerful and yet we all know she's not going to kill Cersei, at least not for a while. So some dumb shit is going to have to happen to prevent that.

As far as the Freys go, a good Frey is a dead Frey. Fuckem.

99% certain that that part was just to accelerate the Frey's demise as they can't do the slow burn of bandits and Northern lords to get rid of them. Gotta tie up some storylines right quick.

• 2Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
wtf the freys are awesome. They killed that stupid asshole robb because he thinks he's above keeping his promises.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
What if Arya kills Jaime, steals his face, FUCKS cersei and kills her mid way through like a little gay preying mantis?

Quality GoT finale imo

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
what if bran worgs into arya and starts going around recording for posterity in the Westerosi cloud (trees) the vinegar strokes of all the knights of westeros

also i assumed the 1000 ships thing was sort of like the 1000 blades of the iron throne, a huge exaggeration. probably closer to 100 ships, which is still a crazy amount to build in a few weeks but the roman empire did build that many ships in a quick period during the punic wars. 1000 ships would also require 20,000 men to crew it and i just don't see how euron has that many.

• 1Solidarity

Tenks

Do we know the actual time skip? It seemed to me we were talking more like 4-6 months than just a few weeks.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GRRM's grasp of the scale of things is generally not that great. A 700ft high wall hundreds of miles long would take milennia to build (the Great Pyramid is half as high and less than 1/8 of a mile wide and took decades to build with a workforce in the tens of thousands). A thousand ships would take tens of thousands of trees and a literal army of shipbuilders to build.
A medieval ship could easily hold a few hundred people so you don't really need that many ships anyway (especially since you can easily make more than one trip per ship when you have an empty castle to use as a beachhead, not to mention absolute air superiority)

When it comes to numbers in this series it's probably best not to think about it too much.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I remember an engineering analysis of a wall of ice that tall.

It would have to be so much wider at the base than at the top that you would need to call it a nice hill rather than an ice wall.

There is a reason why eskimoes never built two story igloos. Gravity > water

The only point being is that it must be at least partially maintained by magic. And that's fine. This is a world with dragons, decades long winters, and cooze demons.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
GRRM's grasp of the scale of things is generally not that great. A 700ft high wall hundreds of miles long would take milennia to build (the Great Pyramid is half as high and less than 1/8 of a mile wide and took decades to build with a workforce in the tens of thousands). A thousand ships would take tens of thousands of trees and a literal army of shipbuilders to build.
A medieval ship could easily hold a few hundred people so you don't really need that many ships anyway (especially since you can easily make more than one trip per ship when you have an empty castle to use as a beachhead, not to mention absolute air superiority)

When it comes to numbers in this series it's probably best not to think about it too much.

Or distances. People think of Westeros as UK because it has a similar shape, culture and thus they assume, similar size - about 800 miles from north to south. In reality Westeros is 3,000 miles (the distance between LA and NY) and these characters (Arya, Hound, Brienne, Tyrion, etc.) are crisscrossing it on a weekly basis like its nothing.

• 2Like

Tenks

They did a good job in S1 of setting the scale since it took Robert months to get to Winterfell, stayed there a few months and then spent months getting back. Anymore its like "Hey I want to go to [insert anywhere]" and they're there the next episode with seemingly no time loss.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ah the classic retards don't know how time passes because shows come out weekly debate. Always a classic.

Gilly's kid went from baby to toddler. It's been 6 months minimum since Sam has joined the Maesters. That's what his "shit montage" or whatever you all call it was SUPPOSED to represent. The passage of time since joining Old Town and monotony of his scholarly journey.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Was the serving girl in s7e01 (the one carrying the wine to the Frey men) the girl that dude married at the Red Wedding? Seemed similar, but hoping an autist will go check for me. Lol