GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ah the classic retards don't know how time passes because shows come out weekly debate. Always a classic.

Gilly's kid went from baby to toddler. It's been 6 months minimum since Sam has joined the Maesters. That's what his "shit montage" or whatever you all call it was SUPPOSED to represent. The passage of time since joining Old Town and monotony of his scholarly journey.

we know that each season = 1 year. its still ridiculous.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I for one would like to see a few "slice of life" episodes with nothing but people walking towards their J tended destination.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah like those "To Be Continued" 2 part episodes of "24" where the dude is just stuck in traffic for 2 hours trying to get somewhere. Now that's quality entertainment right there.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Arya is too OP and needs to be nerfed pretty badly.

Basically she is Batman now where if she has a little bit of prep time she can kill anybody.

She is a master detective, disguise master, master poisoner, and a master fighter.

As long as nobody kills or captures her in her sleep she is basically unstoppable.

I don't like it. It creates all kinds of issues. They now have to write convoluted ways to make her fail or just slow her down.

She went from being a 'girl who has no name' to WTF ninja assassin.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree that she's OP, but I doubt they're going to keep using the arya ex machina left and right, they just needed House Frey written out of the show and that was a quick and convenient way to do it.

I was gonna say that she had months to plan this thing after killing Walder, but then I remembered that bit about 'two feasts in a fortnight" so the timeskip that aged Gilly's baby hadn't happened yet. Or whatever.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I agree, it is so beyond OP that you are basically a god with just a minor amount of prep time.

There are a lot of OP parts to Martin's writing but he always has counters. I wouldn't be the least surprised if she goes into Cersei's room as Jaime, tries to kill Cersei and Jaqen transforms from his disguise(as Cersei) and kills Arya. There are consequences and Arya shitting on the Faceless Men's beliefs will probably end badly.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Jaqen ain't doing shiet to Arya, he respects her. She already shit on their beliefs and he nodded to her like "Good for you."

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No but seriously, how the fuck did the Ironborn build a fleet so goddamn fast when they don't have any fucking trees or their own private venetian arsenal? It would take a lot more than a couple casual timeskips to build that many ships.

As I said in the last thread, all they really needed was someone to tell them to now build the biggest fleet the world has ever seen. That's really all it takes, motivation. I thought it was fucking stupid then, and I stand by it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That and the Hound were the best parts of the episode. y u mad tho?

It was the most obvious scene of them all. I knew right from the start "yeah, they all ded" because there would be absolutely no reason to show a room full of nobodies other than to kill them all off.

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
jaqen is the ginger songfag. calling it now.

Last episode all the main characters including the knight king are facing off on the field of battle and then all just start chortling and take off their masks to reveal they are all faceless men. the end. calling it now.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
She went from being a 'girl who has no name' to WTF ninja assassin.
No, she went from sticking a fat boy w/ needle and avg'in 2-3 kills per season (from emotions, like killing the at fire after red wedding, to killing poliver for the list, to poisoning some girl cuz she had to learn), to wiping out an entire family line.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are consequences and Arya shitting on the Faceless Men's beliefs will probably end badly.

Wat. She left the House of Black and White before she really became one of them. Jaqen knew damn good and well what she was going to do as soon as she got back to Westeros and how she was going to do it, if he had a problem with that he wouldn't have let her leave.

I'm actually guessing that her story ends with her returning to Braavos to join the Faceless Men for real this time. I'm guessing she'll get at least one more kill on her list (probably Illyn Payne since I don't see her running into Thoros, Beric, or the Hound, Melisandre is a stretch, no way they give her Cersei), and realize that the revenge barely matters to her anymore. Maybe she'll even get reunited with Jon and/or Sansa at some point, and realize she doesn't really care about them anymore either. Because in truth, a girl isn't Arya Stark anymore.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
THE NORTH REMEMBERS
maxresdefault.jpg

• 1Worf

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wat. She left the House of Black and White before she really became one of them. Jaqen knew damn good and well what she was going to do as soon as she got back to Westeros and how she was going to do it, if he had a problem with that he wouldn't have let her leave.

I'm actually guessing that her story ends with her returning to Braavos to join the Faceless Men for real this time. I'm guessing she'll get at least one more kill on her list (probably Illyn Payne since I don't see her running into Thoros, Beric, or the Hound, Melisandre is a stretch, no way they give her Cersei), and realize that the revenge barely matters to her anymore. Maybe she'll even get reunited with Jon and/or Sansa at some point, and realize she doesn't really care about them anymore either. Because in truth, a girl isn't Arya Stark anymore.

Yea I was thinking along those lines too after rewatching S6. When Arya kills the Waif and tells Jaqen that she's still Arya and is leaving, he doesn't stop try to stop her, but watches her leave with a slight smile on his face. What if he's not really losing an assassin, but setting one loose on the world?

I think the hitman thing is a sideshow for them. They worship Death and are out to spread his Gift to those that need it. They're like Jehova's Witnesses, except instead of leaflets they give you stab wounds.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
She's taking lives for her own personal grudges, though. That isn't really the way the faceless have been set up.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone remember the article that was posted last season right after "the door"

It said something like, there was only X amount of "surprises" left in the story still to come that GRRM had shared with them (D&D), and one of them was Hodor's origins which we learned in that episode.

I want to say it said there was only 3 left, with Hold the Door being 1 of them, meaning there aren't that many plot twists left to come, and one of them is obviously reserved for the final conclusion.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Perhaps Arya will successfully kill the mountain but get caught by cersei afterwards. then cersei is about to start torturing arya, thats when jamie steps in and kills cersei, and euron(or bronn kills him). Arya takes euron's best ship and goes to sail west.

This sucks tho cause no clegane bowl.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
All Cersei's stupid plans are going to fail and Dany is going to lay siege to King's Landing. Since she's very obviously going to lose, Cersei snaps and orders the city to be blown up with wildfire. Jaime kills her to save King's Landing just like he killed King Aerys. Don't forget she's the older twin, making Jaime just as much her little brother as Tyrion is.

As for Arya, I think she just has to get all the personal vengeance out of her system before she can become faceless.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users