GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think the real problem is that Dany is only written as steely-queen-of-destiny now. Emilia Clarke, for whatever reason, plays it as very detached and it gets real boring after a while.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm really sad we don't have Wooly in this thread anymore :(

I know it's been kicked around already but his untimely demise really shows the nature of internet message boards. Most people just read posts, few contribute. But then there are the types that contribute in a OCD type fashion and try to articulate convoluted or bizzare narratives related to whichever subject that was at hand.

But Wooly took it to another level. He would be talking shit about that maester in the citadel mentoring Sam while making some kind of link to Wyman Manderly because Wyman is known to not trust maesters due to the measter in White Harbor supposedly being from Lannisport and highlights everything like it was a prophecy.

Sad.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm really sad we don't have Wooly in this thread anymore :(

I know it's been kicked around already but his untimely demise really shows the nature of internet message boards. Most people just read posts, few contribute. But then there are the types that contribute in a OCD type fashion and try to articulate convoluted or bizzare narratives related to whichever subject that was at hand.

But Wooly took it to another level. He would be talking shit about that maester in the citadel mentoring Sam while making some kind of link to Wyman Manderly because Wyman is known to not trust maesters due to the measter in White Harbor supposedly being from Lannisport and highlights everything like it was a prophecy.

Sad.
We need more Scream alts I say. That is the only solution.

Cybsled

The real test will be how long they last after GoT ends. That is typical for a lot of popular TV shows...they get roles while the show is on and popular, then maybe for a time afterwards, until eventually the offers fade for most of them save for bit roles. The exceptions tend to be the really talented or the folks who had a good career before the TV show.

Emilia doesn't strike me as having amazing staying power acting career wise.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
“I was followed into a party by a journalist who asked me a question about female empowerment and then quoted me entirely out of context for an outlet I didn’t agree to speak with. So I feel now, with the beauty of Instagram I should clarify my statements, if for nothing else than for posterity. In drama, if a nude scene forwards a story or is shot in a way that adds insight into characters, I’m perfectly fine with it. Sometimes explicit scenes are required and make sense for the characters/story, as they do in Westeros. If it’s gratuitous for gratuitous sake, then I will discuss with a director on how to make it more subtle. In either case, like a good Mother of Dragons, I’m always in control.”

Nude last season and nude in Voice from the Stone (2017 release).

Fake news is cool.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You know people have been throwing this nonsense around for years despite the fact that she just did another nude scene last season right?

I thought the story behind that was "it made sense for the character and was a big 'don't fuck with Dany' moment"...so she agreed to do that one. I suppose we'll see if she does any more as she inevitably hooks up again.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tamzin is too ugly for the role

I was just thinking Natalie Dormer. She's really interesting to watch onscreen and had the experience. But she may have struggled with the Khal Drogo stuff as far as believability.

Emelia has that tomboy WW2 down with the boys commercial quality, more blocky, strong arms-- I'm not sure Natalie could shake that above-it aristocratic aura she's got going on. Natalie and Tamzin are certainly a step away from what Emelia Clark brought to the role, and that might be the real reason they didn't pursue a Tamzin 2.0 when recasting.

I'll take either over Emelia Clark, and I'd never say no on Dormer. Ever ever.

Last edited: