GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Oldbased

> Than U
Jamie killing Cerci is pretty much the only satisfying way for her to go at this point. She has used him as her emotional crutch for so long that the look in her eyes when that sword goes into her heart will be some of the best television schadenfreude in a long time. Bonus points if Arya talks him into it.
One day I will take the joy in your mouth and turn it into ash. It was a Lannister who said it, but not Jamie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Then you're just back to "bad writing" again.

"Character says he's going to do X"
"Character does the opposite of X, with no explanation as to why"
Do you not watch the show?

Cersei invited the Greyjoys. She INVITED him to come to her with his new ships. That is explained. She actually says "I invited him here" and calls him the "New King of The Iron Islands", and gives a long explanation as to WHY she did just that when her and Jamie are chatting on the dock. She even tells Jamie it was because she knows Euron came for a "Queen". Euron then explains why he took up her invitation. If you need more explanation then I don't know what to tell you.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought I remembered last year after Ramsay died that the producers said there would be a new "bad" guy that would be hated even more than Ramsay ever was. It was hinted if not outright stated that Euron would be that guy. Am I totally misremembering this? I'm in the camp that thinks Euron is one of the more interesting show characters this season and definitely not in the Ramsay category. Have the showrunners completely fucked up in trying to make Euron a bad guy and that we somehow feel bad for Asha or the sand snakes getting captured?

I'm worried that the season ending will be some retarded shit where Theon kills Euron and we're supposed to have a bunch of feels when instead we'll just be pissed another interesting character is gone.

Euron is not the villain we thought he would be. Because the show has lost it nerve. My guess is I think people in charge of HBO put their foot down after the emasculation of Theon. They said we don't care what the story says were never doing that again. Then add the kerfluffull around Sansa's rape wedding and you have the tame version of GoT were getting now. Euron has to establish his villainy by talking about fingers in the bum instead of brutal actions. The result is he become an antihero instead. Basically running around clearing up the plot line without really establishing his villain status.

It will be interesting if they correct his portrayal in the show.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Euron is not the villain we thought he would be. Because the show has lost it nerve. My guess is I think people in charge of HBO put their foot down after the emasculation of Theon. They said we don't care what the story says were never doing that again. Then add the kerfluffull around Sansa's rape wedding and you have the tame version of GoT were getting now. Euron has to establish his villainy by talking about fingers in the bum instead of brutal actions. The result is he become an antihero instead. Basically running around clearing up the plot line without really establishing his villain status.

Bodies tied to ship's prow. Dining under a family he just hanged in their own castle. That's the Euron we need!

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, seeing Ellaria's torture made me like Cersei a bit. Despite all their efforts to portray her as "Darth Cersei" this season.

My only complaint is she didn't go medieval enough on them (yet). It's too bad she already used ZombieMountain rape on the nun, because it would have been way more poetic on the sand cunts.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I still think having Jamie do it will be a better closer for her. She expects Tyrion to be the one that kills her. She is safe and happy with Jamie. It makes it more "grim-dark" if that joy->ashes moment comes at his hand. Maybe bonus points of Arya and Tyrion are giggling in the corner when it happens.

They took his legs. Now he has to relieve his urges in... other ways.
Oh I thought he misspelled Bronn and was making no sense.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have to imagine that the "true" ending has been shared by GRRM. They may not be getting there exactly as GRRM would write it, but the destination has to be the same. Right, guys? Please, someone tell me I'm right!

That's what the Davids said a couple years ago, anyways.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I mean, he joked with Yara about raping her while dragging her through the streets of KL. Guarantee we haven't seen Euron's worst yet.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Good recap.

upload_2017-7-31_15-14-44.png

LMAO

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Most likely. This does appear to be the work of Dread Pirate Araysar Araysar and his cadre of villains. I would expect them to hold it hostage for 5 more days before exchanging it for unsecured access to the entire HBO future library. So much golden, golden metrics and marketing data lost to the winds.

HOWEVER, we can now say with certainty that HBO and GoT is SUPER popular with Computer Hackers due to our data collection efforts. Silver Lining! Metric data preserved! You lose again cheapskates!

HBO should be thrilled about this. I'm told metrics are just as good as subs. And in 2017, its hard to know whether GoT is a popular show or not without torrent data.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I'm told metrics are just as good as subs. And in 2017, its hard to know whether GoT is a popular show or not without torrent data.
You were told wrong or making silly stuff up in your head again. It's long been said that the mantle of Dread Pirate is a heavy weight to shoulder. Well, one thing is for sure, it's very popular with jobless layabouts who complain about free shit as if they could do better. THAT metric data is pretty rock solid.

Did they already film season 8?
No. They have shots for it that were taken during the filming of 7.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You were told wrong or making silly stuff up in your head again. It's long been said that the mantle of Dread Pirate is a heavy weight to shoulder. Well, one thing is for sure, it's very popular with jobless layabouts who complain about free shit as if they could do better. THAT metric data is pretty rock solid.

No. They have shots for it that were taken during the filming of 7.

You were the one who told me about it.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
You were the one who told me about it.
I told you that some data points from torrent data were as good as subscriptions? Yeah no. I told you that it wasn't worthless and had been used in the past to gather data. That is about all I told you when you went off on your whole "I pirate so I am a free spirit damn the man" rant that got this all kicked off.

I see the problem here. You are clearly downloading your English translations of posts from here using Russian torrents. I mean, you sort of get the gist but are losing out on a LOT of quality that you would get if you just got the full service.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I told you that some data points from torrent data were as good as subscriptions? Yeah no. I told you that it wasn't worthless and had been used in the past to gather data. That is about all I told you when you went off on your whole "I pirate so I am a free spirit damn the man" rant that got this all kicked off.

I see the problem here. You are clearly downloading your English translations of posts from here using Russian torrents. I mean, you sort of get the gist but are losing out on a LOT of quality that you would get if you just got the full service.

i dont care enough to go dig through threads but yeah you basically did. Just to put a finer point on it, I asked you repeatedly what would an HBO exec prefer: subs or "metrics" and you dodged the question both times.

Not my fault you suck at this.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
bro, you are the theon greyjoy of posters.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users