GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm curious what they're going to do with Jaime, I mean he's right there in the water and tried to kill their queen, I feel like the chances of them not diving in and taking him as a prisoner is extremely low. Then again it is Dothraki and they probably don't know how to swim.

I just wonder if they're going to do a Jaime/Tyrion switcheroo where Tyrion has to be the one to break him out of prison this time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was expecting Jaime to die there, would have been a good callback to him killing the Mad King and trying to sacrifice himself to end the war and save countless others would have been a fitting end to his redemption arc. Tyrion would have seen it happen for dramatic effect.

So much plot armor this time around. Bronn was in danger from the Dothraki rider, but has a lucky last minute escape. Dany and her dragon in danger when they get shot, but they land safely and are okay. Bronn in danger again from dragon fire, but he ducks away at the last second. Dany in danger again from Jamie's charge, but she escapes because someone rescues Jamie from his certain death. GoT never shied away from killing off characters to move the story ahead in unexpected directions and I think that is what drew most of us to it. We got so much spectacle now, but no drama.

With how hard they were telegraphing Jon and Dany's attraction (him leading her by the hand in the cave, Davos' "lol you looked at her tits" remark) I'm pretty much convinced that they'll resolve his refusal to bend the knee by having them marry and "rule together". I always thought it was far too obvious for it to happen, but I'd bet money on it at this point.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Man, some ignorant, shitty-ass consumers of fine quality entrainment up in this motherfucker.

Imma be back in the am to drop hard knawledge.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
First scene next episode is Bronn dragging Jamie from the water on the other side of the lake, and them running the fuck away.

Also was Dany really burning all the food wagons just before Winter... did she not need it?

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Man it's really disappointing how this story shifted from that political intrigue to whatever the fuck it is we have now.

That speech is fucking amazing, but now that character has been relegated to a fucking "creepy uncle" stereotype. I remember reading the book threads and we all wondered if Littlefinger would be the one who ended up the most powerful in Westeros. That doesn't even seem like a remote possibility anymore. He's a 3rd tier character.
he IS the most powerful man in westeros, he owns a huge chunk asnd what he doesnt own he has favors from the rest. the show even highlighted this, but they turned him into a fucking retard.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Everyone keeps saying Bronn saved Jamie, but he was sinking in that water with full plate armor on and only one hand. How the fuck is he not going to drown? I won't be surprised if plot armor saves him and Bronn cuts him loose, but I am surprised no one has mentioned this yet.
nah, its not FULL plate. it was basically studded leather armor with a steel breastplate and some other steel sewn into the leather.
229626215f4e13055f77aced1bd0d866.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
episode was very entertaining, but also cringiest of them all. hi creepy bran. im going to just give you this dagger for no reason, even if i do have a reason, it's still fucking stupid i would be giving this to you. hi jon snow, this cave full of dragon glass also has snow elf writing even though the snow elves never saw dragons because targaryens only showed up a few hundrerd years ago. hey we are in the middle of a full on massacre, but let me fool around with my ballista which takes 2 people to work . daeny is indeed a dumb bitch, when she saw the first giant spear whizz by her, she should have backed off and let her fucking army clean up the mess. nope. i'm going to risk everything in my nightgown to take out this one fucking guy. and she doesnt even kill him or jaime. even though both should have been turned to ash. unbelievable bullshit. still fun episode and absolutely blockbuster movie tier level CGI.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yep, in reality he'd drown. Heavy as fuck 'armored clothing' and a guy who only has one working hand.

But yeah he'll be hauled to the surface by Bronn.

Holy crap though. What a battle.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, but that's like Mariana Trench levels of water. It's highly unlikely (from my years boating) that you have 1-12 inches of water followed by 25+ feet within a few feet away. As he was sinking you couldn't see the slope of the ground on either side. There was no ground in sight anywhere. That's the only tiny complaint for me this weekend. Loved the episode.

UPPkjWf.jpg

geV4jlM.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Dragons are alright, but slightly deeper water is WHERE I DRAW THE LINE

• 16Worf
Reactions: 15 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious that Cersei and Tycho from the Iron Bank mention her hiring the Golden Company which was founded by Blackfyres.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think people are looking a little too far into the Arya beating Brienne in a sparring match. She certainly showed an incredible amount of skill and development and just might be one of the hardest of all badasses now, but if that was a straight up duel Brienne of Tarth would own Arya pretty badly.

What would be cool is if Brienne trained her like she is the cock God Pod and Arya further improved her capabilities by adding in some knight talents and skills to compliment her water dancing and assassin skill tree.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Curious that Cersei and Tycho from the Iron Bank mention her hiring the Golden Company which was founded by Blackfyres.

I think that could be fan service, no way they introduce any new characters or plotlines of any significance this late in the game

Vaclav

Yeah, but that's like Mariana Trench levels of water. It's highly unlikely (from my years boating) that you have 1-12 inches of water followed by 25+ feet within a few feet away. As he was sinking you couldn't see the slope of the ground on either side. There was no ground in sight anywhere. That's the only tiny complaint for me this weekend. Loved the episode.

UPPkjWf.jpg

geV4jlM.png

Never been to Florida I take it? I'm not even a big water fan, and I can quote dozens of spots like that around here...

Ryanz

<Banned>
Bronn should be a pile of ash, and Jamie should've been a dragon snack, yet they both somehow make it out alive. Kinda silly, but par for the course at this point.

Was also thinking the same thing others mentioned about Jon drawing those white walker images on the wall. When they showed the drawings and they panned the camera to Dany I thought she was gonna be like, "Have you been drawing on the wall, Jon?".

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

If Jamie died there that would have been such a lame end for his character. "Oh shit that big as a dragon is wounded, let me grab that little spear and charge it!".

Like even if he was going for Dany that was incredibly stupid. But he had to live. Now he gets to talk about how he charged a dragon bro for bro and lived to tell the tale.

They also need him to do that pained look where he has to tell Cersei the bad news.

• 1Picard

Cybsled

I was thinking the same thing, no way any Lannister troops hang in and fight after the first guys got barbequed. Those fuckers would have been running. I also think tackling Jamie off of a galloping horse is pretty much impossible but what are you gonna do?

Those are just nitpicks though, the scene was awesome. Battle of the Bastards is still my favorite but that was right up there.

They were fucked either way. If they had turned and run, then thousands of cavalry troops would have cut them down. Plus, it wouldn't have been hard to box them in. Drogon flames the point of retreat, EZ way to stop retreat.

They were doomed the second they got ambushed and air support was available.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Everyone keeps saying Bronn saved Jamie, but he was sinking in that water with full plate armor on and only one hand. How the fuck is he not going to drown? I won't be surprised if plot armor saves him and Bronn cuts him loose, but I am surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

I thought the same thing man, I was like, 'whoa heroic Bronn save!' then it was all, 'whelp he's fucked in that armor'.

• 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
First scene next episode is Bronn dragging Jamie from the water on the other side of the lake, and them running the fuck away.

Also was Dany really burning all the food wagons just before Winter... did she not need it?

Yeah, but it's scorched earth.

The army in Kings Landing need it too. So.. it's better for no one to have it than for the enemy to have it.