GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
He has to ditch the armor to get out of the water and in the process, with heavy-handed baptism allegory, becomes reborn after being reunited with Tyrion. He's now armed with 'proof' that Tyrion was indeed railroaded and is only truly guilty of killing Tywin who, really, deserved it.

Given the location of all of Dany's filming to date was in the very warm parts of europe I am guessing that the image above points towards her coming up north for a looksee at the Night King and his forces.

This may also help explain the later show start this year. They had said 'oh we have to delay filming because we want the locations to look more winter-ish' but perhaps the fact that they had so many plotlines converging meant they lost the economy of scale from having multiple location units scattered all over the place.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yeah, but that's like Mariana Trench levels of water. It's highly unlikely (from my years boating) that you have 1-12 inches of water followed by 25+ feet within a few feet away. As he was sinking you couldn't see the slope of the ground on either side. There was no ground in sight anywhere. That's the only tiny complaint for me this weekend. Loved the episode.

UPPkjWf.jpg

geV4jlM.png

Leon

<Silver Donator>
episode was very entertaining, but also cringiest of them all. hi creepy bran. im going to just give you this dagger for no reason, even if i do have a reason, it's still fucking stupid i would be giving this to you. hi jon snow, this cave full of dragon glass also has snow elf writing even though the snow elves never saw dragons because targaryens only showed up a few hundrerd years ago. hey we are in the middle of a full on massacre, but let me fool around with my ballista which takes 2 people to work . daeny is indeed a dumb bitch, when she saw the first giant spear whizz by her, she should have backed off and let her fucking army clean up the mess. nope. i'm going to risk everything in my nightgown to take out this one fucking guy. and she doesnt even kill him or jaime. even though both should have been turned to ash. unbelievable bullshit. still fun episode and absolutely blockbuster movie tier level CGI.

What they call dragonglass has nothing to do with dragon. It's the volcanic rock obsidian.

Valyrian steel requires dragon fire to forge.

There is also not a single pic of a dragon on those walls.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How far away is dragonstone? What the fuck?

Dany fuckin blew those people up and she left like 20 minutes ago.

I enjoyed the battle minus the corgi flop off bronn did. But Jesus, that shit was face palm level. The Jaime save too...

Also Jon and Davos talking to missandei reminded me of when you're playing an rpg and you go to talk to a random npc in town that has no substance.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Show was great. But to add to the silliness of plot armor consider the fact that Jamie was intercepted at full gallop. Superman must have been flying around.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I agree this episode the plot armor was strong.

I was hoping that the "full grown" dragon fire would insta-ash people not just let them wonder about on fire for a bit...then turn them to ash. Also the dragon fire width is so narrow... like what was it 5-7 people wide?

Bronn should have been dead, Jamie should have been dead...or drowned... TV show people can always hold their breath for like world-record levels however so he just needs to shed his armor and swim up - no problem right.

Also, Tyrion once things are cleaned up...or not...just asap- should surround the damn lake or shore line to be sure Jamie does not just pop out and wonder home. But we do not use real life sense in movies or shows, so they will just up and march back, or march over to save their bro's at castleyrock.

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
People can shit on her acting all they want, but Emilia is a tiny little thick piece of yummy, second only to Sansa for aging into her hottness.
Speaking of that, the scene in the crypt with Sansa and Arya I'm just sitting there looking at the two of them like, "This casting is terrible. These two don't even remotely look related. Is Arya a bastard too?"

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i think they said that the "gold was inside the gates" right before the attack on white masculinity began. another plot "convenience".

I think the confusion here is that they were still in the shadow of Highgarden when they showed Jaime giving Bronn the gold.

Then they cut to [some other area] where they are somehow close enough to King's Landing to flog people into getting it there faster and by nightfall.

Caliane

I agree this episode the plot armor was strong.

I was hoping that the "full grown" dragon fire would insta-ash people not just let them wonder about on fire for a bit...then turn them to ash. Also the dragon fire width is so narrow... like what was it 5-7 people wide?

Bronn should have been dead, Jamie should have been dead...or drowned... TV show people can always hold their breath for like world-record levels however so he just needs to shed his armor and swim up - no problem right.

Also, Tyrion once things are cleaned up...or not...just asap- should surround the damn lake or shore line to be sure Jamie does not just pop out and wonder home. But we do not use real life sense in movies or shows, so they will just up and march back, or march over to save their bro's at castleyrock.
arya showed that water are safe zones in Westeroes.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Speaking of that, the scene in the crypt with Sansa and Arya I'm just sitting there looking at the two of them like, "This casting is terrible. These two don't even remotely look related. Is Arya a bastard too?"

Aren't there references/descriptions of their different looks/personalities in the books that mirror the casting? e.g how Sansa was more of a Tully and Arya more of a Stark, not uncommon for one sibling to resemble the father more and another the mother - look at Prince William and Harry. William clearly resembles his father more with the balding hair and big ears, Harry is more like Diana.

Plus in terms of casting, Sansa has the posh English Noble Lady accent, Arya is more down to earth

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
They "burned" 20 people in one shot which was a record for filming in one scene.
The anatomy of a scene:The Loot Train Attack was 14 minutes of man that was a shitton of work.

• 1Solidarity

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm

You wouldn't be able to tell my brother and I were related either by looks. He takes after my Mom's side, while everyone tells me I remind them of my paternal grandfather.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

Are you new to siblings or something? It's perfectly normal for siblings to look nothing alike. Hell, my brother is tall, pale skin, really red hair while I'm shorter, really dark haired and darker skinned.

Major "knees too sharp" syndrome up in here this season. Some of you will find any retarded shit to nitpick and complain about, jesus.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Are you new to siblings or something? It's perfectly normal for siblings to look nothing alike. Hell, my brother is tall, pale skin, really red hair while I'm shorter, really dark haired and darker skinned.

Major "knees too sharp" syndrome up in here this season. Some of you will find any retarded shit to nitpick and complain about, jesus.

Do you forget where you are? We exist to find things just so we can hate them.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
So the dagger has to be something that's important to the major plot outline by GRRM, otherwise I don't think the writers are clever enough for such a long call back to something like that and still have it make sense in the plot.

I think Littlefinger would have heard about the what happened to House Frey and even have descriptions from the Frey's wife about the woman who did this. When he saw Arya with the dagger after her sparring match, to me he looked satisfied, as if he knew that Bran would give it to her.

Arya is not destined for a happy ending...too much blood on her hands and a mind too heavily influenced by vengeance. GRRM will have at least one more gut wrenching twist in store for us on the Red Wedding/Hodor level and the only thing that comes to mind is Arya/Jon. Before this episode it was just a wacky guess on my part, but Sansa's line in the crypt to her about Jon's reaction to seeing Arya again will make his heart stop has me thinking it's an actual possibility now. Something is going to force one or both of them into a horrible decision, and that dagger/Littlefinger could very well be in the mix.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
This show has been wearing on me lately, as it's usually Daenerys that does it. I hate her plot line, I hate her dialog, Emilia Clarke sucks shit as an actress.

It's grand they're, oh geeze, FINALLY doing something with the dragons, but with that retard Emilia coupled with some iffy graphics it honestly looks cheesy as fuck.

It's very cringe-y and lame.

hqdefault.jpg

c1de2935d026b64eefe111f9fe4a7aa7e60e56c8_hq.jpg
i am so glad i scrolled back a few pages.

• 1Picard

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jaime should of took Robert's advice from S1: Only a fool would fight the Dothraki in an open field.

That was a great episode, you guys nitpick the funniest shit. Who cares, it's about entertainment like Dragons roasting bitches and Dothraki getting impaled by 20 foot arrows.

I'm very surprised Bronn survived that. My thought was on that 2nd arrow shot he hits Drogan right as he gets blasted with dragonfire.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think people are looking a little too far into the Arya beating Brienne in a sparring match. She certainly showed an incredible amount of skill and development and just might be one of the hardest of all badasses now, but if that was a straight up duel Brienne of Tarth would own Arya pretty badly.

What would be cool is if Brienne trained her like she is the cock God Pod and Arya further improved her capabilities by adding in some knight talents and skills to compliment her water dancing and assassin skill tree.

Also by surprise arya has a much better chance than once brienne gets used to fighting her style. But it is two very different styles one is for the battle field and one is for more personal encounters.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I almost took the deep water Jaime was in as symbolism more than an actual scene. He's in deep water, about to die, time for rebirth/baptism by fire?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aren't there references/descriptions of their different looks/personalities in the books that mirror the casting? e.g how Sansa was more of a Tully and Arya more of a Stark, not uncommon for one sibling to resemble the father more and another the mother - look at Prince William and Harry. William clearly resembles his father more with the balding hair and big ears, Harry is more like Diana.

Plus in terms of casting, Sansa has the posh English Noble Lady accent, Arya is more down to earth

Sansa is really the outlier in the casting. The people playing arya/bran/rickon/caitlyn/jon snow all look close enough to buy being the same family. Sansa is pretty different but that kind of thing does happen in families.