GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So if the undead dragon is used to burn down the Wall. What was the WW original plan for their invasion they've been thinking up for 8000 years exactly? Naw, their plan was hinged on complete and utter luck waiting for a solution to prevent itself.

Tormund's love for Brienne is always some of the best shit though.
I had that same question and I got Picarded for it, so...maybe we're both missing something?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I an asshole for posting this gif with the phrase "History is doomed to repeat itself" on Facebook? I'm going with probably yes.
DYmS9g9.gif

DYmS9g9.gifv
I don't think 90% of my friends on facebook would get the reference.

Also, tinfoil time, the Night King and Bran are the same person. It's how he knew the dragons would come north eventually.

I'll kill myself if that's anywhere remotely close to the truth. My guess is they'll just ignore that question. God the writing this season is so good guys!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
at this point its pretty much a given that ice dragon is what destroys the eastwatch wall. it would be nice to know WHY NK wants to destroy the wall now after 8000 years of chilling out in always winter land.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
at this point its pretty much a given that ice dragon is what destroys the eastwatch wall. it would be nice to know WHY NK wants to destroy the wall now after 8000 years of chilling out in always winter land.

This. If the dragon was always the way to do it a little is lost. Though if some cyclical apperance of a comet and a return of greater magical powers was needed, then I can see some logic...sort of. Was a sign for them to start building their army and advancing more aggressively. Or the whole Bran/Night King are the same autist and he knows more about past, present, future already.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This. If the dragon was always the way to do it a little is lost. Though if some cyclical apperance of a comet and a return of greater magical powers was needed, then I can see some logic...sort of. Was a sign for them to start building their army and advancing more aggressively. Or the whole Bran/Night King are the same autist and he knows more about past, present, future already.

No. WW had been marshalling forces and picking up Wildling corpses and Craster Sons for 20 years. It took Mance 15 years to get his army together and it was for the explicit purpose of escaping the WW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
No. WW had been marshalling forces and picking up Wildling corpses and Craster Sons for 20 years. It took Mance 15 years to get his army together and it was for the explicit purpose of escaping the WW.
Intelligent beings don't track time and astrological events? Seems like the spiral and other symbols have something to do with astrology. Idk. Just trying to make sense of how the wall falls other than shit we need to move the story. They realize the cycle is coming and start grinding early.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I had that same question and I got Picarded for it, so...maybe we're both missing something?
Unfortunately I think this lends itself to the theory that Bran is somehow tied to the NK, or the NK has information via Bran. Thus he knew he NEEDED the dragon to even have a chance to breach the wall, and the conditions for them to get a dragon have not been right until now. I wish this wasn't the way they're leading us, but it seems that is almost has to be at this point.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

But there were dragons in the world up until 150 years ago or so, so waiting for this particular dragon and this particular comet etc makes no sense. There have continuously been dragons for thousands of years, no?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also theoretical that the Long Night never happened, but our heroes are actually living through it now, and the stories passed down by people like Old Nan are Bran fucking with the past.

I hate time travel. Fucking Trunks.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Also, 20ish (or so) years ago Rheagar read something, realized he needed to bevome a warrior, ran of Lyanna and had Jon and referred to his song as obe of ice and fire...just saying assuming Jon is Lyanna's and Rheagar's son

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Unfortunately I think this lends itself to the theory that Bran is somehow tied to the NK, or the NK has information via Bran. Thus he knew he NEEDED the dragon to even have a chance to breach the wall, and the conditions for them to get a dragon have not been right until now. I wish this wasn't the way they're leading us, but it seems that is almost has to be at this point.
Honestly, I'd be fine with that being the reason. It's a lot less stupid than the NK just chancing into his McGuffin. But, given how shit the writing has been since they moved past the books, I very much doubt it will be time-loop Bran King. He has a dragon now, so now he can melt the wall. They aren't going to even bother explaining his plans or motivations previous to the dragon.

Baddie got a new threat, NEXT SCENE. Who cares if the reasons or motivations fit? We're quickly verging on Game of Set Pieces.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
But there were dragons in the world up until 150 years ago or so, so waiting for this particular dragon and this particular comet etc makes no sense. There have continuously been dragons for thousands of years, no?
It's been like 150 years between the last dragon and Dany's babies.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

@a_skeleton_03 real talk, is it ok to just have a separate thread for talking about episode 6 until it airs? I'm not advocating going back to the days of 17 different GoT threads, just for this one specific situation being able to unfuck the main thread as well as have discussions without having to click on so goddamn many spoilers to do it.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
have they?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also, 20ish (or so) years ago Rheagar read something, realized he needed to bevome a warrior, ran of Lyanna and had Jon and referred to his song as obe of ice and fire...just saying assuming Jon is Lyanna's and Rheagar's son
He said that of Aegon, and stated there needed to be three, because the three heads of the dragon. Elia could no longer bear children, so that's why he needed Lyanna.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
He said that of Aegon, and stated there needed to be three, because the three heads of the dragon. Elia could no longer bear children, so that's why he needed Lyanna.
since it is in a spoiler, there is another Aegon...and we know him

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Episode was fantastic, got spoiled on YouTube so I gave in and watched.
those complaining about Gendry teleporting to eastwatch, it had to be a couple of days before the lake was frozen enough to support all those wights. Plus I don't think they've been carrying around those chains. They were clearly leaving when Jon got out of the water. Go get chains, come back, fish out a dragon = more passage of time.
Also I'm confused on the hate of the Winterfell girls. Their actions and dialogue seem well in line with how they've been written so far in the show. Arya, for all her training, is still the same child she was in season one. And Sansa, with all her experiences, still feels like Arya is trying to ruin her life. It's the same reason people hated Danny Rand in Netflix Iron Fist. He acted like a dumbass because he still saw the western world as a 10 year old would. Sansa and Arya are back home where they were immature brats. Those feelings are surfacing again, only now with greater consequences.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
since it is in a spoiler, there is another Aegon...and we know him
Correct. But he's not in the show. Although they will probably just name Jon Aegon in his place cause they're out of time and ideas.[/spoilers]

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Correct. But he's not in the show. Although they will probably just name Jon Aegon in his place cause they're out of time and ideas.[/spoilers]
No, in the show Jon is Aegon. Also thought everyone knew book Aegon was a fake