GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I called Uncle Benjen saving the day being an asshole and I was right.

Feels bad man.

And lol at why the Night King didn't just mow them all down with ice spears. That is a very good point and it makes the entire encounter even more retarded.

Seriously while they were sitting their freezing to death on the rock in the middle of the Lake the Night King could of just 360 no scoped their asses with that ice spear.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Seriously while they were sitting their freezing to death on the rock in the middle of the Lake the Night King could of just 360 no scoped their asses with that ice spear.
Careful. I made the same comment last week and got attacked as being altristic or something.We don't know the night king like some people do.

That fucking polar bear scared the shit out of me.

Carry on with all the complaining.
Try watching it for the first time with a headset on, sound loud and someone tapping you on the shoulder at the same time you were not aware of. Damn near shit myself last week. Only jump scare I can think of in GoT.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Night King just got a new, awesome weapon that we know he will use to fuck things up . .

Night King = N K

N K = North Korea ??

North Korea !!

Oh shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Explain to me the science of why and how that -wouldn't- work?

No, man, you're right. It's a totally super awesome idea to send your army sinking to the bottom of a body of water with an unknown depth in order to have them do some ridiculous Cirque Du Soleil balancing act where even if it's successful you're now left with the vast majority of your army stuck underwater and the ones that do make it up either get picked off one at a time or just crash back into the water as they've now made the gap wider and prevented it from freezing over. I mean seriously, why wait it out just because your side has the ability to do it indefinitely while the other side has a few days max before they start dropping dead on their own?

Besides that though it's a genius fucking idea and that along with the fact that NK wasn't chucking snowballs the whole is just evidence that the show has really gone downhill.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

well... imo, it should have taken more than 1 spear to kill the dragon... I get that its ice and the night king and its suppose to show his power bla bla bla...but still.

edit: also, why does he have to touch the dragon- he didnt have to touch the corpse in s1 or whatever, just be near by.. it would have been better to just show him do "the stare(tm)" at the water...have some music and sfx to indicate he is doing his magic mojo- then BOOM dragon burts out of the water lands, roars shoots blue fire and we see the blue eye- fade out.

also...that would fix the "zombies hate water...except...."

• 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If he can kill a dragon that easily... why would dragons be that big of a deal to him anyway?

Again biggest issue was the time warping/teleportation. Jon got onto facebook messenger just in time, between sword swings, and messaged Dany to get her ass out there with the heat.

I liked the overall story, but yeah delivery was really blah with these crazy time/space issues they keep having.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Why didnt they use Gendrys hammer to keep breaking up the ice around their little stone island?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why didn't Tormund just fuck Gendry?

There are so many things wrong with this last episode, there's no need to deep dive into the why or how of things given their mission in the first place.

D and D even said on after the episode thing they do, how they could make this whole narrative believable. They decided on a frozen lake providing our 7 heroes with a buffer against an army of undead. Cool.

But the entire thing starts to come apart at the seams when you DO deep dive the circumstances behind this event. What happened is the story started driving the characters instead of it being the other way around. This hairbrained mission was the ugly offspring of having to balance the power of Danys force.

They decided capturing a Wight north of the wall just to show it to Cersei for reasons, resulting in the loss of a dragon, was the way to do it. Obviously it was one of the most retarded decisions these show runners have made but at least they could of made it somewhat believable from a tactical standpoint.

Why the fuck wouldn't they just bring a cage of ravens with them? Why the fuck isn't every single person on that mission wielding some kind of dragon glass weapon? Why isn't anyone even talking about dragon glass? The list just goes on and on we could discuss the plot holes of this episode for 10 pages.

It's just bad execution from a writing standpoint. I think most of it is due to them having to finish but I also think it's just IP fatigue. They have been doing this show for 7 years, the first half based largely off of GRRMs material, and now they are just sprinting to the finish line.

They aren't bothered with the smaller plot holes or logistics anymore, they are just getting shit done and the show is suffering. This last episode better be fucking EPIC.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The same reason the NK didn't throw ice spears the whole time. To show some hand to hand combat scenes.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Dragons were around up until about 120 years was it before these came about. The NK was sleeping/hiding over 8000. No reason yet to think he was waiting on his dragon chance. It just simply presented itself.

The reason he was waiting is he knew as did Benjen that they cannot pass the wall due to the magic. Doesn't explain how they can carry them across it though. That is twice one was brought through the wall intact. So if the prevention is only mental on something with no brains, it makes it even more confusing. It is obviously not destructive in nature.
Waiting to attack the group. I was not referring to something else. Either something more is happening, such as the Night King anticipating dragons, or they were only waiting for the ice to freeze. Fairly reasonable in either case.

Them chains though, hear they cost twenty silver stags down at Wildmart, the Lowe's of the North.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Why didn't Tormund just fuck Gendry?

There are so many things wrong with this last episode, there's no need to deep dive into the why or how of things given their mission in the first place.

D and D even said on after the episode thing they do, how they could make this whole narrative believable. They decided on a frozen lake providing our 7 heroes with a buffer against an army of undead. Cool.

But the entire thing starts to come apart at the seams when you DO deep dive the circumstances behind this event. What happened is the story started driving the characters instead of it being the other way around. This hairbrained mission was the ugly offspring of having to balance the power of Danys force.

They decided capturing a Wight north of the wall just to show it to Cersei for reasons, resulting in the loss of a dragon, was the way to do it. Obviously it was one of the most retarded decisions these show runners have made but at least they could of made it somewhat believable from a tactical standpoint.

Why the fuck wouldn't they just bring a cage of ravens with them? Why the fuck isn't every single person on that mission wielding some kind of dragon glass weapon? Why isn't anyone even talking about dragon glass? The list just goes on and on we could discuss the plot holes of this episode for 10 pages.

It's just bad execution from a writing standpoint. I think most of it is due to them having to finish but I also think it's just IP fatigue. They have been doing this show for 7 years, the first half based largely off of GRRMs material, and now they are just sprinting to the finish line.

They aren't bothered with the smaller plot holes or logistics anymore, they are just getting shit done and the show is suffering. This last episode better be fucking EPIC.
On dragonglass...everyone had dragonglass weapons except Jon, Beric and Thoros.

• 1Like

Jozu

On dragonglass...everyone had dragonglass weapons except Jon, Beric and Thoros.

I know Jorah did they just didnt really put enough emphasis on it was more of my point.

Tormund was using hammer no?

• 1Picard

Jozu

I gotta rewatch the episode, my fault. That was the Hound.

I'm still wondering why the NK didnt just target practice that merry little company of men to death while they shivered on that isolated island. Maybe he only has a couple of those long spears his icebro handed him?

edit: I think this show needs more archery. Besides the dude that could sing songs with Lem and friends in the books I don't remember an iconic archer in the show at all. I know Ygritte was kind of a badass archer but that's about all we got.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So in my house we spent the entire episode mostly yelling at the screen. I had claimed a couple weeks ago that we had entered 'fan fic' territory where we go a step beyond fan service into total ineptitude, but I clearly hadn't seen this week's episode yet.

I understand that they have a metric fuckton of story to squeeze into these last remaining episodes. That doesn't, however, forgive them wasting time with the idiotic and implausible Arya / Sansa drama nor the broad time warping powers to go into full on teleportation-mode. I would actually have been cooler with Dany and/or one of the Dragon's having their Targy-sense triggered when Jon was in danger and entering a Weirwood Gate that Bran conjured up versus the idiocy we saw last night.

I think the last 15 mins of the episode it was a constant stream of us going 'surely they won't...oh yeah they did'

• 1Solidarity