GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also Tormund should be dead. I'm glad as hell he survived it was just very un Game of Thrones like, he was dead to rights and we all thought he was a gonner, he even screamed "HELP ME!" as an uncomfortable amount of time passed before he was in fact helped and didn't die. Like why even subject the viewer to that? I thought it was dumb. Him dying would of sucked bit it would have lent more weight to that scene.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
Episode was ok.....But holy shit the Sansa/Arya story is horrible. I just kept praying the shit would end and get back to the fellowship.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think the last 15 mins of the episode it was a constant stream of us going 'surely they won't...oh yeah they did'

Your house sounds like a fun place.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

Why didnt they use Gendrys hammer to keep breaking up the ice around their little stone island?

This was my thought - I figured it was the entire point of "Give me the hammer" - also I figured after they didnt do it the first time- the 2nd time when he DID make a hole he would go "oh! wait a sec" and then do that all around the little island to show they bought themselves more time.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The person I watch this with that never saw the books just say "OMG WHAT AN AMAZING EPISODE!!!" With all the emphasis in the world.

I couldn't help but sit there and think 'none of these important fucks are gonna die, are they?'

The way Jon lived is -truly- retarded, and the writing for this season has been total ass. It's really starting to show that they don't have RR martin's story to follow any more. The tension feels like contrived TV tension of will things work out!!, not the typical realistic game of thrones tension of not knowing what is in people's heads.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
DHmeGDpXYAEH4SR.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
If he can kill a dragon that easily... why would dragons be that big of a deal to him anyway?

Well, as you can see in the episode, he just casually grabs an Ice Spear, like he had done it countless times before, and fired away. Dragon's are a big deal because they are the opposite of Ice (Obviously) but that also means they have a sure fire way to destroy them. THing is it won't be hard to down the Night King's dragon - just blow fire on it now.

I hope the Night King destroys everyone and that will be the end of the series.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
- not using gendrys hammer to create a moat is the second most annoying TV thing after the walking dead people not inventing spears
- tormund should have died but they probably want a SJW "women can have it all" ending for brienne
- if bran can warg his way through time and space the night king probably can as well so instant explanation for any night king actions
- dany looked hot as fuck in that white winter getup. would smash / 10
- i'm glad to see the action speeding up as the story begins to wind down. i suppose there's not that many meaningful characters left to kill

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
GoT has gone from the "everyone dies" memes to the "everyone is saved at the last second" memes. George RR Martin must be rolling in his grave.

Whoops. That was a typo. "Rolling in his gravy" is what I meant to type.

• 18Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 20 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
GoT has gone from the "everyone dies" memes to the "everyone is saved at the last second" memes. George RR Martin must be rolling in his grave.

That one guy fell off the rock and got et

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

source.gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Horrible episode. Easily the worst second to last episode of any season. Way too much Deus Ex. Jon Snow would be dead in less than a minute falling into freezing water in freezing cold temperatures. Conflict between Arya and Sansa is pointless. Ending was awesome, though. Dragon Lich.

I can easily let go the idea of Jon Snow not dying in the cold. Lets review:

1. Jon Snow Died
2. Jon Snow was resurrected by the power and magic of the Lord of Light.
3. The Lord of Light uses Fire as a medium for communication and sacrifice for power. It stands to reason that Fire(Heat) would be its mainstay.
4. Jon Snow having been resurrected in this manner is no longer human as we know it, but is now an agent of the Lord of Light regardless if he wants to be.
5. Lord of light equals fire and now Jon Snow equals fire.

Now the show does appear to show scenes where Jon Snow "Looks" cold. I cannot help that the writers do not stick with their own story in that regard. Jon Snow should be pretty much immune to the cold but we could also just say that he is much stronger verse the cold. This allows for the suspension of belief towards him lasting considerably longer than a human in this reality. Another fun fact for this world that you have to pick up on is that the characters(people) of this world have a much much larger lung capacity than we do. They are able to hold their breathe for a considerable amount of time(8+ minutes).

Siliconemelons

speaking of the 2 or 3 random freefolk that got ate- did you notice the one with the spear/halberd that was in the background of many shots was literally swinging at nothing as it was all cut so the end of his weapon was perfectly off screen- also there was one scene that looked sped up al la highlander the source.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The whole lake island scene was so stupid, if the wraiths can survive under water, and try to get up, why would they not just pile up under water and get on top? why wouldn't the white walkers throw spears at them while standing there? was it only one day for gendry to run all the way back and to dispatch a raven across the entire continent? Also the arya-sansa infighting. all characters and events just seem so dumbed down at this point.

Below 35 degrees F the Femurs of the lower undead couldn't handle the compressive strength of more than 4 stacked undead nights. Since the ice was only thick enough to support 1 human (approximately 60 psf) it is a safe assumption that the lake is deep enough to draw on steady geothermal heat (greater than 30 ft) and so you'd need at least 6 stacked undead nights to safely cross, minimum.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think the whole setup is trying to convey the fact that Arya is no longer really Arya Stark.

The whole setup is just trying to keep Winterfell interesting and relevant while Jon isn't there and to remind everyone that Littlefinger knows how to pull on a string before he get done in for a lifetime of string pulling. That's really the only purpose that asinine story arc is serving.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Below 35 degrees F the Femurs of the lower undead couldn't handle the compressive strength of more than 4 stacked undead nights. Since the ice was only thick enough to support 1 human (approximately 60 psf) it is a safe assumption that the lake is deep enough to draw on steady geothermal heat (greater than 30 ft) and so you'd need at least 6 stacked undead nights to safely cross, minimum.
#engineersofwesteros