GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
LOL watching that behind the scenes - literally waving the firesword in small circles with one hand - haha - its amazing how much cgi post adds

Too bad they forgot to add a wight for the wildling in the back to be fighting and then left the cut too wide so you could plainly see he was swinging his spear at the air.

Siliconemelons

Too bad they forgot to add a wight for the wildling in the back to be fighting and then left the cut too wide so you could plainly see he was swinging his spear at the air.

yeah i mentioned that, its kinda funny - also could see a part where because of his spear, you can tell the speed up is clear

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Sooooooo......why hasnt Beric tought anyone else the flame trick?

Thoros has been doing it since at least Pyke. He tought Beric....Everyone should know it.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
we have been over this - the little undeads are just that - they do not seem to have an issue- as even in early seasons one of the nightswatch that died turned (WITHOUT BEING TOUCHED) and thats when they started "we must burn all the dead"
Correct.
Ben said "the dead cannot cross" sounds to me like that would include a fucking skeleton
It is rather glaring in the first book, Martin must not have neglected such a detail. I'm sure people have asked him. He probably answered coyly that it will make sense in due time.

General speculation is the dead must be invited, as in Gaelic fairy tales and vampires. Mormont was Lord Commander and allowed the wights into Castle Black. Some reckon it tied to the written version of the Night's King, a lord commander who allowed a woman from beyond the wall into the Nightfort. A woman whose skin was "cold as ice" and white as the moon with eyes like blue stars.

The other idea is that wights can pass yet white walkers cannot. It is uncertain then what Coldhands meant and what made him different from other wights.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
General speculation is the dead must be invited, as in Gaelic fairy tales and vampires. Mormont was Lord Commander and allowed the wights into Castle Black. Some reckon it tied to the written version of the Night's King, a lord commander who allowed a woman from beyond the wall into the Nightfort. A woman whose skin was "cold as ice" and white as the moon with eyes like blue stars.

The other idea is that wights can pass yet white walkers cannot. It is uncertain then what Coldhands meant and what made him different from other wights.

Or maybe he said it literally. "lol the dead cannot cross because we won't open the gates for em! humans can cross cause we open the gates! hur dur!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
The thing that upset me about the chains were the prominent and unrealistic angles at which they were pulled.

Literally the entire vertical component of the dead dragons weight and the chain weight will be on this last guy in line, who is no less standing on ice that only yesterday couldn't handle 60 psf.

Don't get me fucking started on the bend going up the hill, I can't see much of their tractive effort getting conveyed to the load without first straightened the chain which would obviously pick up the wights at the bottom of the hill.

Might as well have Rob Ballard show up and pull him out with a tractor beam imo

View attachment 151845

View attachment 151846

Take a look at the cable on a suspension bridge. Tension wouldn't straighten out a long chain. You can even test it out with a short chain and see how much it sags in the middle. Pulling up hill isn't that outlandish

Oldbased

> Than U
Has anyone thought about the fact that Tyrion hasn't had sex since like Shea butter or whatever that bitches name was? A dwarf has needs you know.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
0guxwalpb3hz.jpg

• 13Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Siliconemelons

Correct.

It is rather glaring in the first book, Martin must not have neglected such a detail. I'm sure people have asked him. He probably answered coyly that it will make sense in due time.

dont know about book coldhands, but as linked recently - Uncle Ben was being turned into undead after being stabbed by a WW and the children saved him... so - hes most likely more WW than normal undead zombie

Oldbased

> Than U
I still say given that as far as I know no season 8 spoilers exist yet, we should do a little posting of what we think will happen for the final season just after finale ends. We'll have to limit it to a few days since scripts are heading out presumably to the cast anytime now. It'd be interesting to get the different views and thoughts in a screenshot to prevent editing in the next year+ waiting on season 8 and before spoilers run amok. I mainly want to do it so in the future you all can look back and go, that poor lad. What a fucking idiot.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Take a look at the cable on a suspension bridge. Tension wouldn't straighten out a long chain. You can even test it out with a short chain and see how much it sags in the middle. Pulling up hill isn't that outlandish

What's the tension at the center of a catenary jive turkey?

Picture a full suspension bridge and you have a dead dragon as your anchor block on one and 1000 skeletons on ice on the other end and a catenary in between the two columns.

If you want to pull that dragon what is going to happen to that catenary? Now you can put 500 skeletons in the middle to hold it down but as some point of adding tension you'll start picking up the skeletons in the middle. So the overall system will be limited to resisting that center urge to straighten. Since a typical set of human bones probably doesn't weigh over 30 pounds and there's no more than 100 skeletons in the bend I assert that would be insufficient to pull a 72 ton dragon from 30 feet deep. I further assert, as there can be no bending moment in a chain, the first skeleton in the line before it goes down to the dragon would have to resist the entirety of straightening tension in the chain, so make the first column in our imaginary bridge out of old skeleton legs stuck end to end with cartilage.

I'll just forget about the coefficient of static friction between bone feet and ice.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I still say given that as far as I know no season 8 spoilers exist yet, we should do a little posting of what we think will happen for the final season just after finale ends. We'll have to limit it to a few days since scripts are heading out presumably to the cast anytime now. It'd be interesting to get the different views and thoughts in a screenshot to prevent editing in the next year+ waiting on season 8 and before spoilers run amok. I mainly want to do it so in the future you all can look back and go, that poor lad. What a fucking idiot.

I'm sticking with the bran is the NK theory (and builder and who knows wtf else ect ect) based of his ability to affect events and be seen in the past (essentially to time travel). I'll still be an idiot regardless of if true or not.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What's the tension at the center of a catenary jive turkey?

Picture a full suspension bridge and you have a dead dragon as your anchor block on one and 1000 skeletons on ice on the other end and a catenary in between the two columns.

If you want to pull that dragon what is going to happen to that catenary? Now you can put 500 skeletons in the middle to hold it down but as some point of adding tension you'll start picking up the skeletons in the middle. So the overall system will be limited to resisting that center urge to straighten. Since a typical set of human bones probably doesn't weigh over 30 pounds and there's no more than 100 skeletons in the bend I assert that would be insufficient to pull a 72 ton dragon from 30 feet deep. I further assert, as there can be no bending moment in a chain, the first skeleton in the line before it goes down to the dragon would have to resist the entirety of straightening tension in the chain, so make the first column in our imaginary bridge out of old skeleton legs stuck end to end with cartilage.

I'll just forget about the coefficient of static friction between bone feet and ice.

How about at the center point the wights are hold it down and sorta being drug with the rope. We got enough wight weight to make this an option?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'm curious how cersei gets on board to help kill WWs. does she see the wight and change her mind? i highly doubt that. do they overrun KL? doubt that too because westeros would be completely fucked at that point and the story would be over

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i'm curious how cersei gets on board to help kill WWs. does she see the wight and change her mind? i highly doubt that. do they overrun KL? doubt that too because westeros would be completely fucked at that point and the story would be over

Seems like her best plan would be to fight together to defeat the WW in the north while making sure she has a lot of troops in reserve and immediately attacking the decimated northern armies when they achieve victory? Dragons still pose a problem but being so close to them in an armistice type deal gives her the opportunity to deal with em.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Seems like her best plan would be to fight together to defeat the WW in the north while making sure she has a lot of troops in reserve and immediately attacking the decimated northern armies when they achieve victory? Dragons still pose a problem but being so close to them in an armistice type deal gives her the opportunity to deal with em.
pretty sure after the dragon massacre outside KL, she would need to deploy all her forces to be effective. the Golden Company she hired will help some, but they will probably nope the fuck out fighting zombies and are also likely to change sides anyway due to daeny and her targ blood.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
pretty sure after the dragon massacre outside KL, she would need to deploy all her forces to be effective. the Golden Company she hired will help some, but they will probably nope the fuck out fighting zombies and are also likely to change sides anyway due to daeny and her targ blood.

maybe she'll have massive amounts of ballistia hidden away near the final battle in the north and unloads on em after they win the WW battle, plus we gotta assume the dragons might get fucked up or killed in the final battle too.