GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
I'm sticking with the bran is the NK theory (and builder and who knows wtf else ect ect) based of his ability to affect events and be seen in the past (essentially to time travel). I'll still be an idiot regardless of if true or not.

There is 0% chance of this being correct. It's way too fucking convoluted for the moronic audience the show is now written for.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There is 0% chance of this being correct. It's way too fucking convoluted for the moronic audience the show is now written for.

Probably but it's my favorite theory so far. I don't think it would be that hard if they paced these last two seasons differently but ya, it's probably to late to make this work in what do we have, 8 hours left? Say maybe 9 with long episodes. Too much other shit needs to go down. Banking on the longshot though.

They are using the original ending that GRRM had mapped out years ago right?

Oldbased

> Than U
I've mentioned it before but Bran having those visions of the burned iron throne room are clear as day. Doesn't mean dragons though but it was charred from the roof down. It's mostly interesting to me now because before I wasn't sure if she would attack KL before or after the dead in the north but she seems pretty dedicated to the NK army now. Meaning they live through that threat and deal with KL afterwards. Assuming all Brans visions are events and happen. Another possibility is NK wins and it is him burning up the throne room.

Brans_vision_daenarys_winter_iron_throne.png

Oldbased

> Than U
Probably but it's my favorite theory so far. I don't think it would be that hard if they paced these last two seasons differently but ya, it's probably to late to make this work in what do we have, 8 hours left? Say maybe 9 with long episodes. Too much other shit needs to go down. Banking on the longshot though.

They are using the original ending that GRRM had mapped out years ago right?
8 hours is a long time if they stick to the movie format they have adopted where it is just cut scenes of events. Hell I watched The Martian last night and it shows takeoff, travel to Mars, getting left behind, surviving, rescue missions and travel back to Earth in like just over 2 hours. The reason so many including me are bent against the time left is it removes all the story building and arcs into just straight lines and events. #notmyGoT

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
8 hours is a long time if they stick to the movie format they have adopted where it is just cut scenes of events. Hell I watched The Martian last night and it shows takeoff, travel to Mars, getting left behind, surviving, rescue missions and travel back to Earth in like just over 2 hours. The reason so many including me are bent against the time left is it removes all the story building and arcs into just straight lines and events. #notmyGoT

They already showed the montage of the NK being created, wouldn't take that long to show an older bran more experienced at 'time travling' going back in time to try to either talk to, stop, fight, whatever the forest children and getting captured / turned into NK. The questions would be what happens to his present day body (just sits there till it dies?). They could probably do all this, plus show bran the builder shit in a 20 minute montage towards the end of season 8.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That movie was terrible. Like someone could fly to mars and back in 2 hours like fucking NASA has teleporters now? lol

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
That movie was terrible. Like someone could fly to mars and back in 2 hours like fucking NASA has teleporters now? lol
It was pretty terrible but at least it showed constantly throughout it the passage of time. Something GoT fails to do because the ones who love to suck its dick are so weak mentally.
You know anyone like that Armbiter?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
well... imo, it should have taken more than 1 spear to kill the dragon... I get that its ice and the night king and its suppose to show his power bla bla bla...but still.

edit: also, why does he have to touch the dragon- he didnt have to touch the corpse in s1 or whatever, just be near by.. it would have been better to just show him do "the stare(tm)" at the water...have some music and sfx to indicate he is doing his magic mojo- then BOOM dragon burts out of the water lands, roars shoots blue fire and we see the blue eye- fade out.

also...that would fix the "zombies hate water...except...."

Your idea took at least 5-6 seconds of thought, made sense, prevents stupid giant chains and zombies in water so therefor is no good. LAZY WRITING XADION!!!

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also Tormund should be dead. I'm glad as hell he survived it was just very un Game of Thrones like, he was dead to rights and we all thought he was a gonner, he even screamed "HELP ME!" as an uncomfortable amount of time passed before he was in fact helped and didn't die. Like why even subject the viewer to that? I thought it was dumb. Him dying would of sucked bit it would have lent more weight to that scene.

It was even worse with the red shirt nobodies dying every few seconds to contrast this.

Oldbased

> Than U
I think Bran is gonna take control of the Ice Dragon at a crucial point. Really not sure where it goes from there.
I guess we can discuss Longclaw now. Some think it opened its eyes when Jon came out of the water. Others think the water splashed on it making it shine blue.
Bran or water?

giphy-33.gif

• 1Worf

Jive Turkey

Karen
I further assert, as there can be no bending moment in a chain, the first skeleton in the line before it goes down to the dragon would have to resist the entirety of straightening tension in the chain, so make the first column in our imaginary bridge out of old skeleton legs stuck end to end with cartilage.

Not if the edge of the ice is strong enough to withstand the force and the chain is being pulled up hill. The first skeleton only needs to be as far from the edge of the ice that the chain has settled at shoulder height.
This forum has some of the nerdiest complaints about a television show I've ever witnessed. "
The zombie men that were brought back from the dead by the iceman riding on a dead horse aren't pulling the dead dragon out of the lake in a realistic fashion"
ok

• 2Picard

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think Bran is gonna take control of the Ice Dragon at a crucial point. Really not sure where it goes from there.

I know everyone is hoping for Bran to go full on badass and Worg like Jesus but they have turned his character into such a steaming pile of Asperger's shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I think it's a gem that got a different reflection.
I agree and not much discussion on it but it does seem rather odd they focused on it exactly that way. They intentionally showed it at that angle and doing it. The question is for reason or just to throw people off.

Edit in- Obviously was added by CGI as well. For what purpose was it shown.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Does the xir who was promised get any superpowers? The nightking's beef from here on out is with Bran. He's able to kill dragons singlehandedly, it's not like anyone can fight him.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Does the xir who was promised get any superpowers? The nightking's beef from here on out is with Bran. He's able to kill dragons singlehandedly, it's not like anyone can fight him.

Except Jon and Sam who can clearly kill white walkers 1 on 1 np

Oldbased

> Than U
He missed his second shot and if defenders of all things GoT are to be believed, he doesn't have unlimited ice spears and is why he didn't kill them all to begin with. Maybe he is out of ammo and needs another 8300 years to chop up some more ice.