GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I were guessing, I'd assume we finally get more Bran/Sam stuff in the finale, Cersei does some shady shit somehow (I guess this isn't much of a reach, just expected every time at this point), and they will leave a cliffhanger for next season. I'm hoping they resolve (or make not as terrible) the Sansa/Arya Winterfell shit.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The writing is fucking terrible. Anyway, does anyone understand why the fellowship decided to run to the ice lake instead of running with Gendry?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The writing is fucking terrible. Anyway, does anyone understand why the fellowship decided to run to the ice lake instead of running with Gendry?

I think its because they had more gear and they had the captured wight. they would have to ditch it all to even have a chance. and gendry wasnt chased either- if he was, theres no guarantee he would make it. Running through the snow with heavy clothing on sucks. if they all ran to the wall, good chance that the wights would have caught up with all of them, unarmed.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I think its because they had more gear and they had the captured wight. they would have to ditch it all to even have a chance. and gendry wasnt chased either- if he was, theres no guarantee he would make it. Running through the snow with heavy clothing on sucks. if they all ran to the wall, good chance that the wights would have caught up with all of them, unarmed.
Still seems like a better choice than the one they chose.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Was this posted yet?

IMG_4579.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Still seems like a better choice than the one they chose.

Honestly as contrived as this seemed, i think they made the better choice. No way would they all outrun the wights in a day long sprint back to the wall

Splitting up to get help and then taking up a defensive position sure seems like a better choice to me than trying to outrun the thousands of wights and White Walkers on horseback for 20 miles in the snow

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
It's the more sensible thing, obviously.

This one is also fake.

No, there wasn’t a pickup truck in this week’s Game of Thrones

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Right now it makes sense to bend. Later, when he's revealed to be the legit heir it's going to get awkward quickly. Dany can't ride that "it's my throne" high horse any longer. They're already foreshadowing some shit with the succession talk she had with Tyrion. She can't reproduce, plus she's his aunt. Since she's a heroine I expect that the issues are probably discussed but she dies heroically before it becomes a true problem. That or she bows out and goes back to Essos to rule over all the shit she already conquered there leaving Jon to marry someone with an operable womb.

Jon is clearly the noble but reluctant leader who gets thrust into positions of leadership instead of seeking them out. He's clearly not terribly enthused about being King in the North, so unless Dany abruptly decides to abdicate her claim in favor of his he's not going to challenge her for the throne. While the succession laws are important, they certainly aren't set in stone since a bastard was elected King in the North in place of a true-born daughter. Seeing as how Dany and Jon are now working closely together, if the truth of his parentage does come up I can see him wanting it kept quiet to keep the North stable (who knows how they'd react to finding out they elected a Targaryen as King in the North) and to keep from weakening Dany's claim.

Seems very likely that the truth of his parentage will become generally known at some point, I'm guessing Bran will just casually blurt it out in front of the worst possible witnesses, or Littlefinger will somehow survive whatever retarded plot he's currently fomenting and overhear Sam telling the truth to Sansa.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some Jon-Sansa drama might be interesting if he goes for the Iron Throne once his parentage becomes well known and/or goes along with Dany. Sansa might claim the North for herself.

I do think we'll get at least one death in Winterfell in the finale. Littlefinger seems an obvious target, but probably also the least interesting one because it would probably be at the hands of psycho-Arya who's completely out of character lately. Littlefinger could be a major player if Sansa decides to go for the North. Arya or Bran death would be an actually interesting twist. Sansa is pretty safe I think.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bran is going to end up being one of the most important players in this story, he is surviving until the very end, where he either dies a heroic death doing some extreme warging, or sacrifices himself for the greater good of the world.

Jon will obviously survive, as will Arya and Sansa. The Starks have suffered their plight already, their story is now one of retribution.

But Jon is a secret Targ, so it will at least be interesting to see how it all unfolds. What I do know is Euron is going to fuck someone or something. After all of his ganking this season they have to bring his story arc full circle here, I just don't see how he continues to move the story other than being a simple foil.

So we will probably see Littlefinger, Euron/Cersie, Mountain, Qyburn, Grey Worm, Bronn, and maybe even Brienne die on sunday.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Fake spoiler Friday!

The zombie gets to KL and hugs the mountain and they take over the gay subplot hole renly left as we then follow the two of them in their undead love as they travel south to dorn and the rest of the next season is set in the horrible land.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So we will probably see Littlefinger, Euron/Cersie, Mountain, Qyburn, Grey Worm, Bronn, and maybe even Brienne die on sunday.

Yeah, after all the just in the nick of time life saves this season I see no way this many people die. I think no one dies in KL. It's too early for confrontation. I would say Tormund or Beric at Eastwatch but Tormund especially was just saved from near death. Probably someone in Winterfell and whoever it is, the storyline will resolve in an entirely shitty way that makes you think all the previous Winterfell scenes this season were even more retarded.

Oldbased

> Than U
Fake spoiler Friday!

The zombie gets to KL and hugs the mountain and they take over the gay subplot hole renly left as we then follow the two of them in their undead love as they travel south to dorn and the rest of the next season is set in the horrible land.
Well that beats saying shit that is leaked then acting like you are a master of predictions. The number of wizards out there is insane.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Jon is clearly the noble but reluctant leader who gets thrust into positions of leadership instead of seeking them out. He's clearly not terribly enthused about being King in the North, so unless Dany abruptly decides to abdicate her claim in favor of his he's not going to challenge her for the throne. While the succession laws are important, they certainly aren't set in stone since a bastard was elected King in the North in place of a true-born daughter. Seeing as how Dany and Jon are now working closely together, if the truth of his parentage does come up I can see him wanting it kept quiet to keep the North stable (who knows how they'd react to finding out they elected a Targaryen as King in the North) and to keep from weakening Dany's claim.

Seems very likely that the truth of his parentage will become generally known at some point, I'm guessing Bran will just casually blurt it out in front of the worst possible witnesses, or Littlefinger will somehow survive whatever retarded plot he's currently fomenting and overhear Sam telling the truth to Sansa.

Jons never wanted anything but a sandwich, he's along for the ride. He's been commander and king because everyone wants him to be, now he also has the actual birthright for people to get behind. There's going to be cognitive dissonance going on when it's revealed that Jon is the most important person in Westeros and no one should really give a fuck about her. I'm not saying we won't get the Jon and Dany get married and rule in happy harmony ending but it would be fucking gay and way out of character for the story.

Sterling

El Presidente
Jon finds out his parentage and decides to get with Dany. It ends up being Arya wearing Dany's face after she kills her. So instead of getting with his aunt, he gets with his niece and the incest cycle is complete.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It occurred to me, another piece shitty writing/follow-through is that Tyrion should have thought Jaime was dead after the Loot Train battle. He was watching him and knew he was charging Dany and presumably saw the big fireball. Yet, there was never a scene after where he contemplated his death and when he went to KL there was never any doubt about talking to Jaime.

And you can't really say it's because they didn't find his body, since the dragonfire tended to incinerate the bodies. Maybe he saw Bronn save him but then so should have everyone else on the hilltop watching.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jons never wanted anything but a sandwich, he's along for the ride. He's been commander and king because everyone wants him to be, now he also has the actual birthright for people to get behind. There's going to be cognitive dissonance going on when it's revealed that Jon is the most important person in Westeros and no one should really give a fuck about her. I'm not saying we won't get the Jon and Dany get married and rule in happy harmony ending but it would be fucking gay and way out of character for the story.

Wat? She has the second strongest claim to the throne after Jon, has two armies and two dragons that are personally loyal to her, and already conquered a sizable chunk of another continent. Jon's only noteworthy accomplishments as a leader so far are losing the Battle of the Bastards and leading a harebrained expedition north of the wall that got Viserion killed and raised as a wight. Succession laws matter to a point but people aren't going to suddenly start supporting Jon over Dany just because it was proven that he was Rhaegar's true-born son. What's most likely to happen if the truth of his parentage comes out is that Dany will either formally name Jon as her heir, or she will abdicate and go back to rule her kingdom in Essos. Hell we don't even know if that tease that Gilly read out of that book is actually the proof we're assuming it is yet. Maybe the writers are just fucking with us and the maester doesn't directly name Lyanna as the one Rhaegar married in his shit diary, or maybe both Gilly and Sam forget about it and it never gets brought up again.

Also, do we actually know for a fact that Dany is barren in the show, or is she just assuming that witch was telling the truth? I know in the books she stopped menstruating, but I seem to recall some brief mention of her cycles starting up again, suggesting that she is indeed fertile in the books, but I don't think they've gone into any detail in the show.