GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Where did HBO touch you? There's a lot of quality programming. I have no problem paying for HBO Now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
me, i barely watch tv and i wouldnt pay two cents for fucking HBO. so only time i see what they got is when its a free weekend.

Ok well everyone else was talking about HBO Now/Go. If someone wants to binge GoT for free then they can sit there for the promos.

I don't think there's even enough hours in a weekend not even accounting for people needing to sleep/eat/shit/work on a weekend that HBO chooses. The idea that promos are what turns people off to that is ridiculous.

Oldbased

> Than U
Ok well everyone else was talking about HBO Now/Go. If someone wants to binge GoT for free then they can sit there for the promos.

I don't think there's even enough hours in a weekend not even accounting for people needing to sleep/eat/shit/work on a weekend that HBO chooses. The idea that promos are what turns people off to that is ridiculous.
The last several binges I did where every waking hour had it running and before I returned to working, it seemed to take 4 days, sometimes into 5. It is near 58hours even without intro and commentary.
Because of my current package for a year I have HBO/Cinemax/Showtime. I don't watch any of those channels but all 3 have 400+ movies and dozens of series available through on demand that I use quite a bit since it is free due to the actual channels.

Also I've noticed recently that free weekends have limited or no on demand access for the ones I don't have.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He talks about sneaking into movies and shit too. He's just a cheap fuck.
this is half true, i pay for my movie tickets when there is something worth paying for, but after the movie i usually stroll into the next theater to get a chuk double feature if there is anything worth my time. a chuk triple feature on the rare chance if three good movies are playing at the same time. judge me all you like.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i figured a guy like you would load a phanny pack full of snacks.
well a guy like me isnt going to use salty potato chips as a substitute for dinner. one time i brought a chinese take out meal and a six pack of beer into the movies to enjoy during The Fugitive. a great time was had.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Final season is six episodes. I'm not holding out hope for a good end to the series.

Game of Thrones Will Return in 2019

The epic fantasy series Game of Thrones will return for its six-episode, eighth and final season in 2019.

David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, David Nutter and Miguel Sapochnik will be the directors for the new season. Writers for the new season are David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, Bryan Cogman and Dave Hill.

The executive producers of the series are David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger and Bernadette Caulfield. Co-executive producers are Bryan Cogman, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis and George R.R. Martin.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
at least they were smart enough to have Miguel Sapochnik as director for the last season. his episodes are always the best. David Nutter is really solid too.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
at least they were smart enough to have Miguel Sapochnik as director for the last season. his episodes are always the best. David Nutter is really solid too.
Best director in the world can only do so much with the writing they've had lately

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Final season is six episodes. I'm not holding out hope for a good end to the series.

Game of Thrones Will Return in 2019

The 6 were supposed to be longer total than the 7 from last season though, right? Or at least some are longer than average. Still, I have a hard time seeing everything get wrapped up in 6 episodes. Cleganebowl, revealing Jon's lineage, fight with WW/NK. Inevitable fight with Cersei after. Jaime/Brienne resolution. Red Woman/Varys dying noble deaths like she stated. Just seems like a lot to cover in only 6 episodes.

Oldbased

> Than U
The 6 were supposed to be longer total than the 7 from last season though, right? Or at least some are longer than average. Still, I have a hard time seeing everything get wrapped up in 6 episodes. Cleganebowl, revealing Jon's lineage, fight with WW/NK. Inevitable fight with Cersei after. Jaime/Brienne resolution. Red Woman/Varys dying noble deaths like she stated. Just seems like a lot to cover in only 6 episodes.
I think last season was the same as 8 episodes when all added up and these 6 are supposed to run 90 minutes or so each which would be 9 episodes from past seasons give or take a minute. Technically season 8 should be a hour longer than season 7.