GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have no idea what you're talking about. Yes, there were a few "what the...?" moments last season, but as a whole it was top tier. And how awesome was it watching the dragons fly around wrecking shit? God tier.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
The writing and stuff has been pretty bad for awhile and has been largely replaced by spectacle. It's still entertaining, but it's nearly as good as it was in the early seasons.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The writing and stuff has been pretty bad for awhile and has been largely replaced by spectacle. It's still entertaining, but it's nearly as good as it was in the early seasons.
this, if there were still books to read i would be mad, but since this is the only way i will ever see this story finished, if i have to live with a hovering ice dragon breathing ice on an ice wall and exploding it so some frost giants and ice bone skellies can waltz through instead of the frozen river right next to it. then so be it.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Inappropriate Content: NSFW content outside of FSR
Oblig

sand-snakes-baring-breasts-in-prison-cell.gif

Edit: removed NSFW titties, use your imaginations from file name -- Araysar

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Still top 5 series of all time for me. I'm amazed how many people out there haven't seen GoT though. Hell even though I've watched it all 4-5 times Shelly still hasn't seen more than 5 minutes of it. She goes nuts when I binge watch it because you have the intro playing every hour for days. No one else in my family or hers, whats left of both of them have seen it. Most people I work around haven't seen it. I feel like even if you don't like fantasy/dark age stuff that it still has something for everyone. It has mystery, tits, action, fantasy, drama and sometimes even good writing. What's not to love other than the handful of very obvious, let me fast forward, social juicer scenes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Still top 5 series of all time for me. I'm amazed how many people out there haven't seen GoT though. Hell even though I've watched it all 4-5 times Shelly still hasn't seen more than 5 minutes of it. She goes nuts when I binge watch it because you have the intro playing every hour for days. No one else in my family or hers, whats left of both of them have seen it. Most people I work around haven't seen it. I feel like even if you don't like fantasy/dark age stuff that it still has something for everyone. It has mystery, tits, action, fantasy, drama and sometimes even good writing. What's not to love other than the handful of very obvious, let me fast forward, social juicer scenes.
well, its daunting for anyone trying to get into it because the first season introduces so many characters its annoying to keep track of who this person is and what house they represent and whose side they were on during robert's rebellion and their relatives and their desires for power. then you have latecomers who try to start with season 5 or 6 and have no fucking idea whats going on and who these people are so they nope the fuck out. your only option is binge watching. then where do you do that? netflix or go out and buy all the overpriced BR box sets which could set you back some cash. not everyone uses netflix or torrents. basically we are the core audience and the time for introducing new viewers to this show has come and gone years ago.

• 1Picard

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Who starts a show with the fifth or sixth season?

You can easily binge HBO shows with HBO Go/Now.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
well, its daunting for anyone trying to get into it because the first season introduces so many characters its annoying to keep track of who this person is and what house they represent and whose side they were on during robert's rebellion and their relatives and their desires for power. then you have latecomers who try to start with season 5 or 6 and have no fucking idea whats going on and who these people are so they nope the fuck out. your only option is binge watching. then where do you do that? netflix or go out and buy all the overpriced BR box sets which could set you back some cash. not everyone uses netflix or torrents. basically we are the core audience and the time for introducing new viewers to this show has come and gone years ago.
You left out having HBO or HBO Now in that. I wasn't aware Netflix even had them though.
My only real gripe currently outside the speed traveling on the plot as if nothing else is happening when so many things were going on in those months of travel that just took 4 minutes of another scene to complete is what happened to the dancing master. Did he die, did he escape? Was he the faceless man dude from the temple?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who starts a show with the fifth or sixth season?

You can easily binge HBO shows with HBO Go/Now.
lots of people wait years for a show to get big word of mouth before they dip their toes in themselves to try it out. many people dont want to get burned watching a show in season 1 only to have it get cancelled at the end of the season or sooner and being fucked out of closure.

You left out having HBO or HBO Now in that. I wasn't aware Netflix even had them though.
My only real gripe currently outside the speed traveling on the plot as if nothing else is happening when so many things were going on in those months of travel that just took 4 minutes of another scene to complete is what happened to the dancing master. Did he die, did he escape? Was he the faceless man dude from the temple?
i dont have netflix, i thought it was on there. HBO does this thing where they make you sit through 15 minutes of torture between shows. so its not a feasible method of catching up on the show and people still dont want to spend the day doing it.

• 1Picard

Oldbased

> Than U
lots of people wait years for a show to get big word of mouth before they dip their toes in themselves to try it out. many people dont want to get burned watching a show in season 1 only to have it get cancelled at the end of the season or sooner and being fucked out of closure.

i dont have netflix, i thought it was on there. HBO does this thing where they make you sit through 15 minutes of torture between shows. so its not a feasible method of catching up on the show and people still dont want to spend the day doing it.
Meh. Once it ends( before the 15 minutes of why unsullied have no dick commentary) I usually hit exit on remote then it jumps back to the listing and I scroll down to the next and hit play. I let the intros play though which gets me in trouble.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im talking about HBO, they put like 10-15 minutes of promos for their virtue signalling original programming after each program. granted the other networks do shit like this too. but when you're trying to binge watch, this feels like torture because you want to see what happens next and you just saw this horrible ad play like 5 times now and it wont stop.

• 1Picard

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
im talking about HBO, they put like 10-15 minutes of promos for their virtue signalling original programming after each program. granted the other networks do shit like this too. but when you're trying to binge watch, this feels like torture because you want to see what happens next and you just saw this horrible ad play like 5 times now and it wont stop.

You don't have to watch those, you know

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You don't have to watch those, you know
yep, but if i wanted to binge watch game of thrones i would need to tivo it or sit through that bullshit, but even with tivo you will have to watch those horrible promos at some point unless you plan on tivoing one thing for 70+ hours

• 1Picard

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I let the intros play though which gets me in trouble.

i've oft daydreamed of having an edited version of the show that does a continuous/seamless cut from episode to episode -- no intro, no credits. my computer sucks for video editing HD quality videos, tho.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yep, but if i wanted to binge watch game of thrones i would need to tivo it or sit through that bullshit, but even with tivo you will have to watch those horrible promos at some point unless you plan on tivoing one thing for 70+ hours

Not sure what you're talking about, but I binged GoT a while back using HBO Now and the promos were only like 2 minutes long and you could fast forward through them

• 1Like