GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How hard could it be to show him stabbing some guy with CGI blue eyes and that guy puking black blood and falling over?

I can't even remember, did Old man Targ even show up at night's watch in S1? That would also remove a lot of Samwell's story. Maybe he's just supposed to be some fat shithead and then die when the wildlings attack in the show.
You talking about Aemon?

rrr_img_23275.jpg

Talk about a character we haven't seen in a while! I thought that was a pretty awesome reveal in the book. With how the show has been cutting stuff like that, though, I'm not sure we'll find out he's a Targaryen on the show.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Book reveals she thought she was fertility potions but that her mom was giving her birth control instead...
This plot point is not certain. The girl shown as Robb's wife (to Jaime) in the last book does not appear to actually be Robb's wife, her description is much different than a scene in an earlier book where Catelyn is musing about her. I think she escaped with the Blackfish and left a ringer. That means the Westerlings are not actually betraying the Starks (as none of them are pointing out the swap).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The fuck?
Dude is an attractive man. I hardly think it makes me gay if I stroke his penis but don't let it penetrate. Am I right? Guys?... Guys?

I actually meant it was icing on the cake because it made me laugh a lot. They showed it for a full 10 seconds so unnecessarily.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Didn't she put on 30 lbs or some shit since that picture for the role? She's posed nude before, plus who gives a shit about baring ass.

Cybsled

Westerlings would stand to gain a lot by having Robb's child. Said child also messes with LF and Bolton's plans for gaining Winterfell by blood, since I imagine Robb's kid still trumps everyone else from a succession stand point.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They did find the dragonglass in season 2 of the show, which makes it all the more strange that they skipped that part of Sam's character development.
Whoops! I guess it's been a while and that scene obviously didn't stand out in my mind. Nothing to see here...

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
no way that was brienne's real booty. not british enough. too curvy. and jaime's body double balls were too smooth. i can tell cos pixels.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
This plot point is not certain. The girl shown as Robb's wife (to Jaime) in the last book does not appear to actually be Robb's wife, her description is much different than a scene in an earlier book where Catelyn is musing about her. I think she escaped with the Blackfish and left a ringer. That means the Westerlings are not actually betraying the Starks (as none of them are pointing out the swap).
Her description isn't much different, just the width of her waist, which got corrected in other language prints and for which there is more than one report of people having heard GRRM say it was just a continuity error.

Ganthorn

N00b
They did find the dragonglass. I think the answer is probably a little more obvious than folks realize....

It's a huge pain in the ass to do that scene right. With the costs of the CGI and making the existing walkers get into a realistic fight with a 350lbs actor who is actually in FAR WORSE shape than the real Sam is pretty tough to pull off without looking fucking stupid.

It's an important scene and one if they don't get right will undermine their ability to do the bigger scenes later. Hell it would have been their first big scene in Season 3. Not a great way to start. I'd bet money someone literally said, "fuck it". It's not really that important anyway.
The scene would actually be really easy. He doesn't have an epic duel with the WW in the book. The WW and Paul fight and while the WW is distracted killing Paul he pretty much just walks up behind it and stabs it. "Paul, who carried Sam for much of the journey, is attacked and killed by an Other, but the weight of his body disarms it as he dies. Samwell, who is carrying a dragonglass dagger that was among the cache found by Ghost, uses the opportunity to attack, and blindly stabs the Other, who dies instantaneously from the dragonglass blade"

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
there's 1 gay sex scene per season. i was waiting for this season's gay scene to see who would rationalize their homophobia off as wanting more screen time for something else. i'm sure it offended more but to actually post about it is another matter. out of all the scenes that were sexually superfluous, this wasn't one of them.

that said, that were was just *1* post about this (to my knowledge) is refreshing given the plethora of posts about it in seasons 2 and 1. i guess we have spartacus to thank.

movin on -->
I love Spartacus. Totally different show. Not the point at all. I am not offended in the least.