GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Quaid

Trump's Staff
That episode was great, whiners are straight up whiney bitches. Next week is going to be insane.

You have terrible taste. That was campy trash. Argon reveal was wasted. Arya sideboob was bizarre. Hamfisted racial tensions added nothing beyond a wokeness checkmark. Tormund comedic relief is overplayed.

I’m very happy this series is coming to a close. They’re out of ideas and effort.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 8 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What’s next?

Episode 3 will begin with the Night King looking to the camera while bursting out singing “Do you wanna build a snowman???”

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I disagree with the episode being a total loss.

Other than the awkward sex scene, I looked at it as a "goodbye" to the viewers kind of campy thing.

(Assuming a few of them are done, and won't be in the future episodes.)

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You have terrible taste. That was campy trash. Argon reveal was wasted. Arya sideboob was bizarre. Hamfisted racial tensions added nothing beyond a wokeness checkmark. Tormund comedic relief is overplayed.

I’m very happy this series is coming to a close. They’re out of ideas and effort.

Trust you Quaid to see that as "racial tensions" and "wokeness". Straight up just people talking about what they want to do and giving some characters that otherwise wouldn't have a scene but deserve at least a little blurb (even if a lot of their shit has been very eyeroll worthy) about going back to her home and shit. Grey Worm seems a likely candidate to get whacked in the coming fight anyways, probably with more than a few (Beric, Pod, Jaime...all seem likely for heroic sacrifices next episode).

Tormund telling the giant story was perfect for his character, glad Arya and Gendry finally got it in. Aegon reveal finally has happened at least, with fallout still to come (although I find it unlikely either Jon or Dany die in the next episode, but possible).

xzi

Mouthbreather
The giant story had me fucking lol, especially with the shit he was drinking and how he was drinking it.

I said the same thing, lmao. I know it's kind of like.. comedic value to have him there doing that but it genuinely works with the way wildlings are, they don't give a shit about anything so him talking about sucking on giant titties while milk falls all over his beard is so NOT out of place, it's great

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
One thing that I'm not sure if I loved or hated was that they use a 'foreshadowing death' trope for damn near every single named character in the episode. Like Grey Worm and Missandei talking about the future is normally a clear indication that one or both of them are going to die, but then Lady Mormont is adamant that she's going to stand with the troops so obviously she's gonna die, and Sam is cautiously optimistic so obviously he's going to die, and Ser Jorah got loaned a valyrian steel sword so obviously he's gonna die, yadda yadda yadda.

Wouldn't be surprised if they kill off Sansa simply because she was about the only person who DIDN'T have her death foreshadowed during that episode.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

One thing that I'm not sure if I loved or hated was that they use a 'foreshadowing death' trope for damn near every single named character in the episode. Like Grey Worm and Missandei talking about the future is normally a clear indication that one or both of them are going to die, but then Lady Mormont is adamant that she's going to stand with the troops so obviously she's gonna die, and Sam is cautiously optimistic so obviously he's going to die, and Ser Jorah got loaned a valyrian steel sword so obviously he's gonna die, yadda yadda yadda.

Wouldn't be surprised if they kill off Sansa simply because she was about the only person who DIDN'T have her death foreshadowed during that episode.

I'd be surprised if many of the people going to hide in the crypts die at all. Someone (Varys good chance) will die helping to "save" them somehow. I'd say Jorah feels like he will make it, but he did give that whole speech to her about forgiving Tyrion and shit. Still think Sam makes it through everyone to write about it.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I'd be surprised if many of the people going to hide in the crypts die at all. Someone (Varys good chance) will die helping to "save" them somehow. I'd say Jorah feels like he will make it, but he did give that whole speech to her about forgiving Tyrion and shit. Still think Sam makes it through everyone to write about it.

Tyrion and Sam will both make it through, Bran told Tyrion his story and Tyrion will never have the time to write if or retell it to Sam before the end so they will most likely write the tales together after all is said and done.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the episode was just fine, better than ep1, a lot of pieces and dialogue put in place. Now next week can be a big effects driven piece with characters dying off.
Was this Jaime's send-off episode, does he get killed by the dead? Was a lot of focus on him this episode with that knighting being the final piece to make him look "decent" before keeling over.

All the characters are in 1 place, all the reunions are done, we got the tension with Daeny knowing Jon's lineage, or at least conflicted about it to add tension in eps 4-6.
Daeny keeps looking more crazy with her throne obsession. No empathy... except she spared Jaime for some reason. So definitely seems like she'll be getting killed at some point. Anyone with a throne obsession hasn't lasted.

Arya got her weapon, Bran has the plan and apparently told his entire story to Tyrion before Tyrion went off for drinks.
The showdown with Bran and the King will hopefully be awesome.

I'm not disappointed and frankly I don't know what most of you want. This is a drama and it requires that there be dialogue and moving pieces. It's also a TV show that isn't going to have big effects every episode. The alternative is summarize everything into 10 minutes and just give us the battle... in fact the entire 8 season show could be 1 long montage while we're at it.

The next 4 episodes will be the payoff. I guarantee it. (although some of you will still be salty motherfuckers.)

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 8 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This was easily the worst episode of game of thrones ever... way to hammer it home that you hollywood writing hacks have no idea how to write Tyrion too. The Arya side boob shit was weird... I mean for fucks sake get a body double or something we have had way too many tits in this show for you faggots to be all modest about it now.

• 2Salty
  • 2Dislike
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
lol, the whole time they kept saying "the crypt is the safest place!".. I'm just thinking "yea, the Knight king gonna rez all those m'fers and it won't be then".

I would be surprised if the crypt isn't a pure loss.

• 2Like

Merrith

Tyrion and Sam will both make it through, Bran told Tyrion his story and Tyrion will never have the time to write if or retell it to Sam before the end so they will most likely write the tales together after all is said and done.

Shit I forgot about that. Tyrion has all the knowledge now.

• 2Like

Araxen

It would be funny if the undead army just farms the people in front of Winterfell and then just skip trying to take Winterfell making a beeline to King's Landing. The entire Bran thing prevents that from ever happening though.