GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Caliane

mind blown

For the curious, the Night’s King of the books is the legendary 13th Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch. He fell in love with a mysterious, white-skinned, blue-eyed, ice-cold woman, declared her his queen, and did generally bad things for 13 years in the North before the King in the North and the King Beyond the Wall joined forces to end his reign. While there’s no confirmation that the Night’s King of the book was real or that his bride was a White Walker, that interpretation seems to be the most likely conclusion from the tale.

In the books, then, what is the threat from beyond the wall, just wildlings and random white walkers?
According to George R. R. Martin, the Others "are strange, beautiful… think, oh… the Sidhe made of ice, something like that… a different sort of life… inhuman, elegant, dangerous
ice elves.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Others
They are established as an entire civilization of evil ice Fey, who worship the Great Other

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
8 years of build up and the whole "Winter is coming" slogan for that? Pretty lackluster and really undercuts the entire series. Total lack of imagination and writing ability.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
8 years of build up and teh whole "Winter is coming" slogan for that? Pretty lackluster and really undercuts the entire series. Total lack of imagination and writing ability.

But GI JOE MASK and ThunderCats

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
hAouqkk.png

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so, i watched last night in a pitch balck room, when it aired on my 4k OLED TV and still had trouble seeing shit.
so, i had to look up all that died incase i missed anything... thought i'd share.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
or just yoink him out of the godswood with the dragon's claws. bring his ass somewhere and torture the fuck out of him and every few hours just cast mass rez until the world is dead. its amazing how they made NK simultansously badass beyond imagination to completely fucking lame and unimportant.

He made a mistake common to clever people, he underestimated his opponents.

Shitty that a lot of these legitimate things will go unanswered since NK's dead and there's no reason to spend time on them now

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
So people get real mad when you tell them that the show has turned into spectacle and that the writing is halfassed at best since season 6. Still need King Euron to redeem this shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
8 years of build up and the whole "Winter is coming" slogan for that? Pretty lackluster and really undercuts the entire series. Total lack of imagination and writing ability.

Winter came...

Image result for squirt gif

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My 1st question after the Night King died was Is it now Summer forever? And will the North finally thaw out?
The next GoT show HBO does is going to be about Westerosi Global Warming. #wokeiscoming

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 10 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
The next GoT show HBO does is going to be about Westerosi Global Warming. #wokeiscoming

People of Braavos start complaining about income inequality and try and seize the assets of the Iron Bank Billionaires?

• 2Blown
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I had zero issues with it being dark. I thought that was part of what they were selling. The Night Is Dark and Full of Terrors. fast moving dead you could you barely see.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
The Golden Company lore has not been introduced into the show. its too late now to do this. they're just mercs here and will do what they are told as long as the gold keeps flowing.

Hard to disagree with you but they have introduced other elements that could be used to accomplish the same means. Bank of Braavos having enough of the Crowns shit. Maybe even Dario contracting the company first, seems like it wouldn't be a giant leap.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hard to disagree with you but they have introduced other elements that could be used to accomplish the same means. Bank of Braavos having enough of the Crowns shit. Maybe even Dario contracting the company first, seems like it wouldn't be a giant leap.
the bank of Braavos storyline seems to have died with Stannis the Mannis. now Cersei has a shit ton of money, likely from raiding Highgarden. Dario might pop up, i guess, but the Golden Company would tell him to get a fucking haircut. those guys dont play.