GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The dead were a plot device to reduce the size of Dany's armies so the real war wouldn't be lopsided. Sure if the NK hadn't been killed there everyone would auto-lose but given that it wasn't the climax they became a blatant balancing mechanic.

Again, from episode 1 the real war was supposed to be against the dead. To then pivot to a plot device so the battle with Cersei has more meaning is retarded.

Bunch of book reading faggots that come around and bitch about every episode. There were definitely some silly things, like the wights just kinda walking around the library walking dead style, the bizarre battle plan Winterfell came up with, and the plot armor the main characters had.

A lot of the autistic bitching is nonsense, though. Yes, it was dark. That was intentional and referenced during the battle. It does help with keeping CGI costs down but also makes the undead horde seem endless and is a smart move if you're the NK instead of attacking in the middle of the day. I also do agree that it feels off that the NK was killed so early in the season, but people thinking the Starks were going to retreat and abandon Winterfell was pretty dumb.

Also, not really sure what the fuck people were expecting from Bran. He's great pre-battle, but pretty worthless during the actual fight. He did put everything in motion for NK's death which is really all you can ask of him.

I'd argue he was worthless pre-battle and then during the battle he just warged into some ravens and watched? Seriously? You can control people and animals and that's the best you can come up with?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You always write 5 + books of politicing and fighting over the throne to have it be invalidated by the tiny side quest!

There is absolutely 100% no fucking way GRRM started with that in mind. You don't foreshadow the long forgotten enemy in the fucking prologue like that just to make it not a big deal in the final book lol. That just sort of happened over the years of him writing mostly unrelated (but good) shit,

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This episode entertained me greatly.

The meme potential is endless though.

• 3Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
There is absolutely 100% no fucking way GRRM started with that in mind. You don't foreshadow the long forgotten enemy in the fucking prologue like that just to make it not a big deal in the final book lol. That just sort of happened over the years of him writing mostly unrelated (but good) shit,

Have Weiss or Benioff ever confirmed what GRRM told them aside from generalities?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd argue he was worthless pre-battle and then during the battle he just warged into some ravens and watched? Seriously? You can control people and animals and that's the best you can come up with?

Worthless pre-battle? He's the reason Arya had the weapon that was able to kill the NK and his plan to bait the NK is how they won. He's literally 100% responsible for the resolution

• 2Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
So next episode has to be full of Cersi having moved forces to surprise buttsex the remnants of the Allied Armies and killing off a bunch of the surviving heroes so she becomes a bigger threat than the fizzled Night King, and farms more hate from fans? They have to buff her up to make her THE villain now. HBO writers are gonna make or break the show with how they accomplish this.

• 3Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
None of that made any goddamn sense. They wanted to throw the fucking book at this episode but the way it was editted, shot, and strung together was bad. All sense of impending doom built up in one scene to be randomly defused in another. Why did everyone inside the keep stand on the walls and just STARE at the zombie horde, instead of shooting before they broke through? Why are we seeing crazy World War Z walls of undead washing over the walls, then have a protracted silent stealth MGS scene with Arya and random neutral zombies in the world's most soundproof hiding room? Why are the two supposed 'most heroic' people of the entire scenario relegated to flying around in narrative fog of war being fucking retarded? Does the Night King's zombie horde not see when a living person squeezes past the entire line of his knights? Does Sam get +10 plot armor and defense by laying ontop of a pile of bodies and rolling around aggressively? There was so many ways that they could've pared this shit down and kept their snazzy set pieces and actually made it something coherent to watch, but they had to cram a bunch of fan service bullshit in by including every single character and each having their own plot service macguffin. 'And he/she/they were saved at the last minute!', cycled through every character pairing, repeated over and over. Yikes.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
OLEDs generally can do well with near black, but it usually requires an experienced hand to properly tweak without messing up other things. Out of the box they tend to crush out a lot of dark detail. The stream I watched was pretty hopeless regardless. Issues with the plot aside, I do look forward to watching this in glorious 4K HDR.

5 years of threads on the afore-linked AVforums suggest otherwise

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
this thread definitely needs more lame MMORPG metaphors

Night King's AOE did some really good shit. After his mass res spell, and throughout the battle, I really could have used some Ultravision. I haven't been that blind since running through Qeynos Hills in the dark as a human. Leroy Theon failed to hit anything, but when Arya blew her /Disc backstab, it was game over. Enough ice cubes for drinks for months for the upcoming celebration. I used /Pizza before the show started. So I was med'd up and GTG.

Raid is going to start forming at the zone line next episode. When -(Incoming North)- I expect to see a a few trains back to the zone - but ultimately good will prevail so Dany can get her scale and finally retrieve her epic. Ninja looted by Jon. Expect bans. And some internal guild break up fighting.

• 5Worf
  • 2Cringe
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Walked away happy that we got an awesome battle of dragons (and their riders), hordes of undead,a phalanx of dickless fanatics, and some awesome pacing. The rest (many issues) was inconsequential as I just don't really care about the plot at this point.

Think back to pre-LOTR you and contemplate how fucking giddy you would have been to be able to see something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Night King's AOE did some really good shit. After his mass res spell, and throughout the battle, I really could have used some Ultravision. I haven't been that blind since running through Qeynos Hills in the dark as a human. Leroy Theon failed to hit anything, but when Arya blew her /Disc backstab, it was game over. Enough ice cubes for drinks for months for the upcoming celebration. I used /Pizza before the show started. So I was med'd up and GTG.

Raid is going to start forming at the zone line next episode. When -(Incoming North)- I expect to see a a few trains back to the zone - but ultimately good will prevail to Dany can get her loot.

Raid broken, last boss dropped no loot. /petition GM.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I still think the concept of dragon riders is retarded. You're more of a liability on their back than anything else.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Walked away happy that we got an awesome battle of dragons (and their riders), hordes of undead,a phalanx of dickless fanatics, and some awesome pacing. The rest (many issues) was inconsequential as I just don't really care about the plot at this point.

Think back to pre-LOTRO you and contemplate how fucking giddy you would have been to be able to see something like this.

I thought I had read at one point that the producers specifically referenced the size and scope of the Minas Tirath battle in ROTK for this battle and I'm not sure it was that big in scale. For a TV show though Battle of Winterfell was pretty good. It really was a one sided fight though, the living were getting the piss kicked out of them. Out of everyone that survived, the biggest surprises were probably Brienne and Grey Worm. It just seemed set up that they were going to get it. It also really looked like Sansa and Tyrion were going to suicide right there in the end. Oh I could only imagine the levels of bitching if that happened.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I still think the concept of dragon riders is retarded. You're more of a liability on their back than anything else.

It was even retarded in the setting. They make it a point that the Valyrians never rode Dragons into battle. They just commanded them via magic and shit. When the Targaeryns conquered Westeros they did it this way.

But it looks cool on TV yah!?

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

anyone who rides a motorcycle can tell you that going faster than 35 MPH without eye protection will make you tear up in 2 mins and you cant see shit.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It was even retarded in the setting. They make it a point that the Valyrians never rode Dragons into battle. They just commanded them via magic and shit. When the Targaeryns conquered Westeros they did it this way.

But it looks cool on TV yah!?
they attacked b4, didn't they wreck an entire armada while danny was just on a boat looking at them?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
3hXbiCR.jpg

that is all.
the rest of the episodes are gonna be about petty politics and general crap.