GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Some things are broken. We are working on it. See the XF 2.2 Complaints thread for updates as they are available.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
214d 1h 1m
They could have held out longer with modern tech I bet:

Yeah, but would they take off?

Chukzombi

Bronze Earl of the Realm
232d 3h 41m
Most people have shitty TVs or have them calibrated wrong.
most people have shitty net/cable providers. today's average TV should be able to handle this show just fine. doesnt help the signal being broadcast is 720 or lower.

Mist

I'm With HER ♀
136d 19h 21m
most people have shitty net/cable providers. today's average TV should be able to handle this show just fine. doesnt help the signal being broadcast is 720 or lower.
That too. But good black-levels is one of the biggest differentiators between a good TV and a mediocre TV at the same size.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: Brodhi and TrollfaceDeux

Foler

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ok first off the flaming swords are retarded. If that shit was real it would burn the face of whoever is holding it off.

Second off, how about that dragon glass amirite

• 1Like
Reactions: Chukzombi

khorum

Murder Apologist
173d 23h 49m
It's the THIRD episode. That means the night king was never meant to be the climactic battle of the whole series.

If they used the darkness to save their CGI budget, it's because they were saving it for the episode that will feature that climactic battle.

Drinsic

privileged shitlord
55d 3h 48m
Maybe you guys should watch something else.
No. I'll keep watching this because it's still one of the best shows on television, but unless the writing quality somehow returns to seasons 1-4 quality I will continue to bitch when it gets retarded.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: Chukzombi

khorum

Murder Apologist
173d 23h 49m
No. I'll keep watching this because it's still one of the best shows on television, but unless the writing quality somehow returns to seasons 1-4 quality I will continue to bitch when it gets retarded.
That's not possible. They ran out of books.

All this stuff is an outline and Bryan Cogman's fanfic.

And really, it was the richness of the novels that made the script as successful as it was. If they only had an outline and some fanfic writers for the first four seasons, it wouldn't have been as good.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
42d 18h 36m
That's not possible. They ran out of books.
Even the book, especially the fourth book, hit the shit.

George is a good writer but he lacks the stamina to finish a series like Tolkien. Tolkien lived his books. It was his life. George is just a pop book writer.

flashr66

Trakanon Raider
9d 6h 44m
It's the THIRD episode. That means the night king was never meant to be the climactic battle of the whole series.

If they used the darkness to save their CGI budget, it's because they were saving it for the episode that will feature that climactic battle.

There should be no holding back at this point on budget. The whole point we waited two years for this season, was for epic episodes. Imo we have not got that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Quineloe

Cynical

Inebriated
30d 11h 19m
I was just hoping and expecting more to the NK plot, didn't even need WWZ past this episode. I don't mind the Eyebrow Ninja got him in the end, the whole undead/NK stuff just seems like pointless filler if you look back on all the WW/NK brief appearances throughout the series. What the hell is the point of Bran now? Break up parties early by wheeling him in? TMZ Westeros? Really hope there is a bit more to it.

zignor 4

Lord Nagafen Raider
1d 23h 8m
Even the book, especially the fourth book, hit the shit.

George is a good writer but he lacks the stamina to finish a series like Tolkien. Tolkien lived his books. It was his life. George is just a pop book writer.

Four and five would have been pretty good if they were trimmed and combined. He added so many new characters and weird, meandering plotlines. It was his way of stalling for time because he clearly had little clue where to take this thing after the insanity of A Storm of Swords

• 1Like
Reactions: Maxnome