GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
They could have held out longer with modern tech I bet:

6281136874_c859a596e8_z.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
most people have shitty net/cable providers. today's average TV should be able to handle this show just fine. doesnt help the signal being broadcast is 720 or lower.
That too. But good black-levels is one of the biggest differentiators between a good TV and a mediocre TV at the same size.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Ok first off the flaming swords are retarded. If that shit was real it would burn the face of whoever is holding it off.

Second off, how about that dragon glass amirite

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
just rewatching this episode and I noticed they placed catapults in front of the infantry

lol what the fuck.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Look who they had leading their armies. A bunch of mongoloid fucks. It's not like they were battle master 18 star generals

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Huh? Jamie, Jon and Grey Worm are all generals of forces. Now generals/commanders fighting at the front is stupid.

• 2Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
It's the THIRD episode. That means the night king was never meant to be the climactic battle of the whole series.

If they used the darkness to save their CGI budget, it's because they were saving it for the episode that will feature that climactic battle.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Maybe you guys should watch something else.
No. I'll keep watching this because it's still one of the best shows on television, but unless the writing quality somehow returns to seasons 1-4 quality I will continue to bitch when it gets retarded.

• 1Solidarity

khorum

Murder Apologist
No. I'll keep watching this because it's still one of the best shows on television, but unless the writing quality somehow returns to seasons 1-4 quality I will continue to bitch when it gets retarded.
That's not possible. They ran out of books.

All this stuff is an outline and Bryan Cogman's fanfic.

And really, it was the richness of the novels that made the script as successful as it was. If they only had an outline and some fanfic writers for the first four seasons, it wouldn't have been as good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
That's not possible. They ran out of books.
Even the book, especially the fourth book, hit the shit.

George is a good writer but he lacks the stamina to finish a series like Tolkien. Tolkien lived his books. It was his life. George is just a pop book writer.

flashr66

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's the THIRD episode. That means the night king was never meant to be the climactic battle of the whole series.

If they used the darkness to save their CGI budget, it's because they were saving it for the episode that will feature that climactic battle.

There should be no holding back at this point on budget. The whole point we waited two years for this season, was for epic episodes. Imo we have not got that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I was just hoping and expecting more to the NK plot, didn't even need WWZ past this episode. I don't mind the Eyebrow Ninja got him in the end, the whole undead/NK stuff just seems like pointless filler if you look back on all the WW/NK brief appearances throughout the series. What the hell is the point of Bran now? Break up parties early by wheeling him in? TMZ Westeros? Really hope there is a bit more to it.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So unless the show returns to the quality of Martin's writing then you will bitch. In other words, you will bitch

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users