GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
guess her duel w/ brienne was to show her mastery of duel wield, timestamped

the behind the scenes looks much better, they should do away with all that faggotry shanky cam quick editing

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
During the Sansa/Tyrion sequence in the crypt there was supposed to be a sudden reveal of her being mortally wounded and Tyrion holds her hand as she dies but D&D are cuckmasters.

Expect a PG rated ending based on the lack of big GoT moments in Episode 3.

The preview for next week is all "Let's kick some ass!!" Marvel comics type stuff.

"How much ass we gonna kick?!"

"A lotta ass!!"

"Hell yeah lets kick some ass!"

"We'll kick ass together!!"

Literally the finale storyline is so bad I don't know what could save it. Its an "ass kicker" show now which is the furthest thing from the GoT brand.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Nontrivial chance it ends up being Tyrion+Sansa winning everything at the end.

I wouldn't mind that, honestly.

First choice was everyone dies. Since that's not going to happen, lets go with Sansa/Tyrion having some practical arrangement. It helps that over time the characters are shown to be decent to one another in a story about indecency.

I took the melsiandre thing as the obvious "she was kept alive, like Boros, for this specific night. And now that the NK is dead there's no need for them to continue living." I think Melisandre had one scene a few seasons ago where she even longed for death. But I might be making that up or severely over-emphasizing it.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
dZS3Zyt.jpg

• 8Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
During the Sansa/Tyrion sequence in the crypt there was supposed to be a sudden reveal of her being mortally wounded and Tyrion holds her hand as she dies but D&D are cuckmasters.

Expect a PG rated ending based on the lack of big GoT moments in Episode 3.

The preview for next week is all "Let's kick some ass!!" Marvel comics type stuff.

"How much ass we gonna kick?!"

"A lotta ass!!"

"Hell yeah lets kick some ass!"

"We'll kick ass together!!"

Literally the finale storyline is so bad I don't know what could save it. Its an "ass kicker" show now which is the furthest thing from the GoT brand.

What’s possibly worse is that Dany is looking oh so smug in the preview, suggesting there’s still no real acknowledgement of the whole Jon is the real heir. Maybe I’m wrong, I hope I’m wrong , but three episodes left and the biggest swerve in the entire story is still almost completely ignored and inconsequential. I’m at a loss as to the purpose of not just making him Neds bastard who overachieves. He wasn’t the ice and fire who ends the threat of the NK and unless he sits the iron throne at the end of it all then who fucking cares that he’s Aegon Targaryen, it hasn’t mattered at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I took the melsiandre thing as the obvious "she was kept alive, like Boros, for this specific night. And now that the NK is dead there's no need for them to continue living." I think Melisandre had one scene a few seasons ago where she even longed for death. But I might be making that up or severely over-emphasizing it.

I do have a big problem with Beric & Melisandre's "this is what they were brought back for" situations.

If the Lord of Light keeps you alive for a purpose, then discards you... what's Jon been brought back for if not to kill the NK? And will Jon die once his purpose is fulfilled?

It's an idea brewing that leads me to believe after they win, Jon will "die" and it'll be that bittersweet victory GRRM was shooting for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dany already mentioned some shit about a very difficult scene for her character. Which could really be anything, but probably includes Jon or dragons dead.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The twist is a monumental success for her character, and entirely unexpected. It was so unexpected, however, Williams initially worried fans wouldn’t like it.

“It was so unbelievably exciting,” she says. “But I immediately thought that everybody would hate it; that Arya doesn’t deserve it. The hardest thing is in any series is when you build up a villain that’s so impossible to defeat and then you defeat them. It has to be intelligently done because otherwise people are like, ‘Well, [the villain] couldn’t have been that bad when some 100-pound girl comes in and stabs him.’ You gotta make it cool. And then I told my boyfriend and he was like, ‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”

Harington says he was also shocked that Arya got to be the one to finish off the Army of the Dead leader, particularly after the famous come-at-me-bro Jon vs. Night King face-off in “Hardhome,” yet he appreciated the dramatic reversal.

“I was surprised, I thought it was gonna be me!” Harington says. “But I like it. It gives Arya’s training a purpose to have an end goal. It’s much better how she does it the way she does it. I think it will frustrate some in the audience that Jon’s hunting the Night King and you’re expecting this epic fight and it never happens — that’s kind of Thrones. But it’s the right thing for the characters. There’s also something about it not being the person you expect. The young lady sticks it to the man.”

For Miguel Sapochnik, the director’s goal was to get fans utterly convinced Jon was going to kill the Night King, and then pull out the rug. “I thought, ‘Hmm, if I see Arya running then I know she’s going to do something.’” Sapochnik says. “So it’s about almost losing her from the story and then have her come in as a surprise and pinning all our hopes on Jon being the guy going to do it — because Jon’s always the guy. So we follow Jon in a continuous shot I want the audience to think: ‘Jon’s gonna do it, Jon’s gonna do it…’ and then he fails. He fails at the very last minute. So I’m hoping that’s a nice switch that no one sees coming. “

Life pro-tip: If it feels like a bad idea right away, it's a bad idea. Don't sit around and convince each other it's really a good idea after all.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
There's going to be a huge clean up job with 100,000 corpses lying about Winterfell with some 30 people alive to do the hauling away and bury / burning job.

Thats when you just walk away for a year and let nature clean all that crap up for you.

Caliane

Life pro-tip: If it feels like a bad idea right away, it's a bad idea. Don't sit around and convince each other it's really a good idea after all.
the biggest problem is that, it wasn't the plan all along, in the context of the characters.

Like the obvious, Lord of the Rings. Gandolf, Aragon, etc, all go out and distract Sauron, while Frodo takes the ring up Mount Doom.
The Starks working together as a FAMILY to take down the Nightking would have been fantastic. A wolf pack. But they muddied that up badly. Bran being weird, not actually planning anything with anyone. Arya being secretive, needing a pep talk from Melisandra.

A simple talk with Bran and Jon or Sansa, with him saying, "i will be the bait, waiting here. He will come for me, and we'll be ready. we need you out there fighting the army. Sansa we need you in the crypts.. for some reason."
The wolves should have been in the grove with Bran. Ghost shows up, Nymeria and her pack show up, surrounding the NK and his Others. Then, Arya shows up.

Instead of Arya just being a magical super ninja.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I adjusted my tv settings (was default, just bought it two weeks ago) and the episode was much better. Not sure if it was that or less people streaming all at once that made it a clearer picture.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I think my biggest problem with this is how incredibly localized this "apocalypse" was.

No one in Essos knows this even happened, no one south of Winterfell in Westeros would believe it was anything more than a silly story made up by drunk northerners to explain why part of the Wall fell down.

Hell Old Towne, the largest city by far in Westeros, is completely untouched by any of these things. Robert's Rebellion didn't change anything in Old Towne, nor did anything since Robert died or the whole White Walker business. From their point of view its just a normal year heading into a Winter period.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the biggest problem is that, it wasn't the plan all along, in the context of the characters.

Like the obvious, Lord of the Rings. Gandolf, Aragon, etc, all go out and distract Sauron, while Frodo takes the ring up Mount Doom.
The Starks working together as a FAMILY to take down the Nightking would have been fantastic. A wolf pack. But they muddied that up badly. Bran being weird, not actually planning anything with anyone. Arya being secretive, needing a pep talk from Melisandra.

A simple talk with Bran and Jon or Sansa, with him saying, "i will be the bait, waiting here. He will come for me, and we'll be ready. we need you out there fighting the army. Sansa we need you in the crypts.. for some reason."
The wolves should have been in the grove with Bran. Ghost shows up, Nymeria and her pack show up, surrounding the NK and his Others. Then, Arya shows up.

Instead of Arya just being a magical super ninja.

Yea I was thinking something along those lines would have been a lot better. Maybe after the Dothraki got wiped out they had an emergency meeting where they discuss how they cannot hope to win on the battlefield and their only remaining option is a surgical strike to take out the Night King (who is behind his armies like he should be). The Dragons could fly out a bunch of the main characters toward him, but crash somewhere near him. Then the group of heroes then has to fight their way towards the Night King, always rushing forward in a frantic way so they don't get overrun (providing good action scenes and chances for meaningful deaths) until they eventually make it to the Night King for the last battle. Maybe he's protected by that blue flame he does and Melisandre has some self-sacrificing way to get the heroes past of it. Arya would initially be left in the castle but Bran goes "Jon needs you, I see it" and she uses her face magic to sneak right through the middle of the undead army (creates some tense moments to see if her illusion holds, replacing the library scene)
Tense final battle between Jon and Night King (surrounded by Others) where Arya can eventually use her dagger throwing skills to off the NK.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
2. Bran. His entire arc makes no sense to me. He had to become the 3ER to become Night King bait? There *has* to be more than that. I wish he had some part to play in this episode, using some magic weirwood power to help even the odds a little. Hopefully we get more answers in the coming episodes. If not, then his story was straight retarded. There's some theories that maybe he's responsible for all the 'miracles' of the Lord of Light, to lead everyone to this point. That could be cool.
Have you been reading this thread or watching this show? Bran served to verify Jon's heritage.