GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
With the amount of fan service and "exciting moments we wanted to show", at least we'll probably get Cleganebowl, someone will blow on a fucking horn before it starts too. Possibly followed by full penetration sex scene between Hound and Arya, all bets are off when it comes to story integrity.
Well the hound basically confirmed cleganebowl, and also said he isn't coming back so I'm assuming Cleganebowl leaves them both dead.

• 3Like
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well the hound basically confirmed cleganebowl, and also said he isn't coming back so I'm assuming Cleganebowl leaves them both dead.
They'll both face off in the field and then right as their swords meet, Daeny will fly down on her dragon and burn them both to death. "YAAASSSSSS QUEEN!!!"

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Goddamn, switching out Dragonbinder for the scorpions continues to be such a terrible fucking decision by the showrunners. At least I'm hoping it's the horn that lets Euron fucks up some of Dany's dragons in the books.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I think this was the worst episode of all the seasons so far, made more egregious by the fact that there are precious few episodes left to squander time on nonsense. Whole episode was either cringe (Jamie/Brienne hookup), or rushed (Dany's sudden pivot to psycho). You can really tell just how much the quality has fallen by simply comparing the complexity and quality of the dialogue in the first few seasons vs this-- essentially GRRM written dialogue vs some drama class hack that's been to a few Ren fairs.

These last episodes should set the stage for growing climax to end an eight years series, and this felt like a combo between random filler garbage that has no business being in a finale season, and rushed nonsensical plot swings.

Bleh sad. Another great trilogy destroyed by stupidity.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Holy fuck, these people are fucking morons. Fuck this show

It was always going to end that way. The way they got here/will get there is pretty awfully portrayed and annoying. They’re just choosing the dumbest plots imaginable to make it happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, the only piece of the puzzle is who's Mark Hamill in the scenario? Where's the disgruntled actor that just can't keep his angered bottled up over the misuse and abuse of his character? With how bad the writing has been and most of these actors knowing that their careers depend on how well this series ends, where's the angry actor calling out shit?

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sansa, whatever her real name is, has already been complaining about them treating her like dirt and forcing her to lose weight.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My only question-- did GRRM stop consulting on the plot entirely, or did this just all expose the fact that after a decade the old fuck still hasn't come up with a clue as to how he planned on ending the trilogy?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This episode was some hotttttt garbage. The whole dragon dying to the sniper ballista was stupid. I feel like reality doesn't matter at all to these people. They just want things to happen, and they will have them happen regardless of the logic of HOW they should happen.

That's the thing that bothers me the most about this series. I can actually imagine a lot of this is what is supposed to happen in the series, but how it happens is so stupid that it makes none of it feel good or believable. It's like we were riding in a Rolls-Royce the whole time and then suddenly we were moved into a clown car. The journey is the same, but the ride sucks.

• 2Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Even fat man gay romance Sopranos season didn’t make me wish a show was over as badly as this trash does. I would rather watch Season 6 of Lost again at this point.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
May have been brought up already...but isn't Gendry's bastard name supposed to be Waters, not Rivers?

yes, naming him Gendry Rivers is a mistake. Its a compound mistake though, he should be not named Gendry anything, just Gendry, since he is not an acknowledged bastard or anything, his mother (and Jon the dead hand) hid his heritage from everyone for most of his life. He would just be Gendry, son of a whore and no one cares who his dad was. If he took the last name Waters it would indicate his father was a noble and thats precisely what they didn't want anyone knowing.

Not a real surprise though, D&D didn't give a shit anymore so starbucks cups, mobile phones, and no consistency for anything is the rule of season 8

h0sqqy7yolw21.jpg

• 16Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 17 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It was always going to end that way. The way they got here/will get there is pretty awfully portrayed and annoying. They’re just choosing the dumbest plots imaginable to make it happen.
My only question-- did GRRM stop consulting on the plot entirely, or did this just all expose the fact that after a decade the old fuck still hasn't come up with a clue as to how he planned on ending the trilogy?
This episode was some hotttttt garbage. The whole dragon dying to the sniper ballista was stupid. I feel like reality doesn't matter at all to these people. They just want things to happen, and they will have them happen regardless of the logic of HOW they should happen.

That's the thing that bothers me the most about this series. I can actually imagine a lot of this is what is supposed to happen in the series, but how it happens is so stupid that it makes none of it feel good or believable. It's like we were riding in a Rolls-Royce the whole time and then suddenly we were moved into a clown car. The journey is the same, but the ride sucks.
I read those leaked spoilers for the last two episodes, and they don't completely piss me off, but the way we're getting there has been retarded since season 5. Someone quoted him a while ago saying they'd need 4 or 5 more seasons to do it properly. That's very apparent with how terribly this is being written. I keep thinking that it's hit bottom but nope. Bring on the shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I read those leaked spoilers for the last two episodes, and they don't completely piss me off, but the way we're getting there has been retarded since season 5. Someone quoted him a while ago saying they'd need 4 or 5 more seasons to do it properly. That's very apparent with how terribly this is being written. I keep thinking that it's hit bottom but nope. Bring on the shit.
I just read them as well and I agree. I'm ok with most of that playing out. It's just that we really rushed to get there in the last 2 - 3 seasons and the writing just fell off a cliff after the book material ran out.

• 2Like

Cybsled

I read the spoilers part. Most of it sorta makes sense, except the last 2 spoilers.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

George and D&D had a pretty big falling out around season 5/6 i can't remember. I do remember him being super critical about sansa being raped and them straying from some important plot points. He also stopped writing an episode around the same time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users