GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this can't really be salvaged, so i'm writing my own fan fiction where they attack king's landing, but the drowned god shows up and euron is just cackling and crazed. king's landing is completely decimated and the survivors flee to the north. the north north. not winterfell. they rebuild the wall and hide on the other side of it this time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I cannot believe they really said that Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet:

• 7Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
a8d161d347ee3148e32bfce008c46320.gif

Pretty much what I thought every moment of this episode save for Hound and Arya riding together.

*and bron's speech to the autistic brothers

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
If Drogon slips into Beast Mode and burns down every fucking ship and person to the point of onlookers puking in horror while Kings Landing burns down, then I could still live with things.

Kill them all, go full mad queen, then get shanked by someone for committing mass atrocities. Seems ok?

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Again, the show runners don't care about Dragons or Direwolves or Children of the Forest or any of that shit. They think everybody is watching just to see who is the last one standing for the Throne regardless of how it happens. You can't have Cersei be the big bad person if she's just going to get roasted by Dragons and a huge Unsullied/Dothraki army. So you need a retarded ranging beyond the Wall to remove one dragon and then a magical Ballista that's better than even current missile technology to remove another. You need this huge plot line around zombies and their king to make their armies more even.

Maybe GRRM's ending is going to the be the same. I somehow doubt though that it would be so completely incoherent in relation to what has actually happened on the show.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
How can Dany still win?

make camp and cockblock supplies into the city and/or all the guns are facing outward fly really high at night over the middle of city, swoop down, burn shit, leave and repeat a few days later from whatever angle the guns aren't facing

Khane

Got something right about marriage
make camp and cockblock supplies into the city

Which is literally what they talked about doing and then for some reason the entire fleet went weeks ahead of the ground forces.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Good writing:
- There is a stockpile of wildfire in King's Landing that nobody but the Lannisters is aware of. They lure Stannis' ships into the Blackwater Bay and unleash fiery doom upon them.

Bad writing:
- There is a fleet of Iron Born that LITERALLY EVERYONE knows is in King's Landing. Nobody scouts ahead to find them. The chick who is thousands of feet in the air doesn't spot them at any point. BAM! Sneak attack harpoon shot takes out Dragon in 2 shots as the Clown Pirate comes creeping out from behind a cliff.

Wakandan what?

• 9Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i get the feeling that there are just certain things the story teller knows and is just filling in the blanks. what i mean is, the person telling the story knows that euron's fleet used a scorpion to kill dany's already injured dragon, but the exact details on HOW that happened aren't known.

by the way, the person telling the story is bran, he just kept flipping the channel between euron's fleet and sansa's wedding night

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm genuinely impressed with how terrible this season has been in contrast to how great it once was

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Upon further consideration I’ve become legitimately bummed out by the show’s crash and burn, but it comes down to the fact that all of the soul has drained out of it. We are getting shoved along to the conclusion in such a way that there is no reason to care about how shit turns out, and while I hate to be in the ‘HBO writing sucks’ bandwagon, that’s all it boils down to. The people responsible for taking up the story have no sense of pacing, no subtlety, no gift for dialogue, absolutely no concern for the remove of miles and passage of time. Someone here said it, it feels as if it was filmed in such a way to cut dialogue to a minimum, and our parting shots will be nothing but characters staring off into the distance/glancing at each other while the dramatic music blares. Even the things that should be good- Tormund, for example- felt only like poorly written fan service shoveled into our faces due to the positive reaction to the character on the internet. ‘Huh, you guys like Tormund and eunuch jokes? We’ll be sure to lean on it over and over until even that becomes tired and trite.’

It’s been proven time and again that HBO, more often than not, allows shit writing to both hijack and destroy whatever good will they accrue from building off the original pilot/source material. Westworld, Others, Vinyl. and now GoT... so many shows with a good foundation and premise that end up in a weird-ass HBO narrative wilderness because of shit creative decisions and tired writing conventions. In terms of a legacy, pretty sure GoT will go down as ‘good show, but don’t bother with the last 2 seasons.’

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This last episode really put me in a 'get this over already' mood, which is weird, because last episode I enjoyed quite a bit.

That said, I read the REAL spoilers, the ones that have been 100% accurate to date....and I am glad I did, because I can get all the disappointment over with now. Good grief. It makes me want to look back and find out how many episodes D&D actually wrote because they are literally trying to give Dexter a run for its money.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Kill one of the dragons, what a great way to trim the CGI budget and cut down on render times. Other than that, nothing fucking happened. Just some non-significant character died. Was that some half-ass attempt to set up the drama in the next episode? Who cares if that character lived or died. First half an hour was just watching some lame teen movie keg party scene. Don't forget 15 minutes of Tyrion and Varys fucking talking. What an absolute disgrace. I've seen more hardcore action in playboy movie

• 1Like