GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Did we establish that Bran has to become the 3 eyed raven by destiny so the Starks will defend him? Someone asked what sense the whole Bran thing makes.

Where I agree is it's kinda dumb if that's all he ends up doing but the 3eyed raven is passed on and in a way something successfully defends it.

Personally I think we got 2 blood and guts episodes left with a dramatic finale of someone else sitting on the throne.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yea, I'm sure it will be real "dramatic"

Just an exile queen
living in a lonely world
she took the lone dragon
going anywhere.

Just a bastard boy
raised due to a ploy
he took the bended knee
to anywhere

Don't stop believing,
hold on to that feeling,
that we haven't wasted the years,

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
HBO quietly removed the coffee cup from Game of Thrones

5/7 RIP tall skinny vanilla pumpkin spice latte with two pumps of almond milk

Dude if I was involved in Starbucks promotions I would run an AD campaign NOW for the remainder of the season:

"They may have removed your favorite drink, but we still have it! Come in for your specialty crafted drink by asking if your Barrista's "GoT that Drink" so you can have a taste, Iced or Fire (Hot)!"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Dude if I was involved in Starbucks promotions I would run an AD campaign NOW for the remainder of the season:

"They may have removed your favorite drink, but we still have it! Come in for your specialty crafted drink by asking if your Barrista's "GoT that Drink" so you can have a taste, Iced or Fire (Hot)!"
Nah better to virtue signal and let junkies shoot up in your bathrooms, rather than use logic.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
HBO quietly removed the coffee cup from Game of Thrones

5/7 RIP tall skinny vanilla pumpkin spice latte with two pumps of almond milk
they missed editing out Dany forgetting about the Iron Fleet.
while-dany-kind-of-forgot-about-the-iron-fleet-game-55553135.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I think you guys are reading too much into that comment. There's nothing on screen to suggest she "forgot" about them in that sense. They were ambushed. You could say the way they were ambushed was dumb, but that's completely different. I don't remember who it was, but when they were strategizing, someone mentioned the iron fleet and wrote them off as being completely vulnerable to the dragons- the quote was something like "if she brings they iron fleet, we'll decimate them with dragon fire" or something. It's not that she forgot they existed, it's that she forgot about them as a legitimate threat

• 1Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think you guys are reading too much into that comment. There's nothing on screen to suggest she "forgot" about them in that sense. They were ambushed. You could say the way they were ambushed was dumb, but that's completely different. I don't remember who it was, but when they were strategizing, someone mentioned the iron fleet and wrote them off as being completely vulnerable to the dragons- the quote was something like "if she brings they iron fleet, we'll decimate them with dragon fire" or something. It's not that she forgot they existed, it's that she forgot about them as a legitimate threat
giphy.gif

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

It's more like Dany wasn't expecting the Iron Fleet to have True Strike Gauss Rifles on every ship.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Nobody complained when a giant launched a bow drawn arrow 300 feet up a vertical wall that still had enough energy to smash a man through a solid wood structure, shattering it to bits and sending the man down the other side of the wall

• 1Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nobody complained when a giant launched a bow drawn arrow 300 feet up a vertical wall that still had enough energy to smash a man through a solid wood structure, shattering it to bits and sending the man down the other side of the wall

Good point, I mean that's way beyond the physical capabilities of frost giants in real life.

• 14Worf
  • 5Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 19 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The bow thing was bullshit, but it was also a giant-sized bow and doesn't fit with RL bow examples. There was nothing unordinary about the ballistas that would come close to explaining how they could do the things they were doing.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The bow thing was bullshit, but it was also a giant-sized bow and doesn't fit with RL bow examples. There was nothing unordinary about the ballistas that would come close to explaining how they could do the things they were doing.

Vibranium?

• 1Blown

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

It also wasn't a major plot point used to effortlessly kill off a fucking dragon. iirc it was just a random blackshirt that died.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users