<Silver Donator>
59CAFF91-6E0B-4869-847D-0AF488F530C3.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Not gonna say who but there's some serious nostradouching in this thread. Chill out with that shit.

Yeah, I read the spoilers too and they're probably right. No need to pretend like you came up with that shit on your own. You know who you are.

Disclaimer: I did not read the spoilers until after I predicted the Arya acrobatic kill. That I will take to my grave as the greatest prediction of my life.

If you’re talking to me, eat a dick. It’s plain as fucking day and thanks for confirming it asshole.

If you’re not, my bad.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I found it awesome when this whole time The Mountain was so loyal to her, but once he saw his brother nothing else mattered. Seeing him brain Qyburn was the best death for that guy I could imagine.

I was also glad he removed his helmet. Him dying in fire was great, hatred for his brother outweighed his fear of fire.

I was a little worried Arya was going to die. I still have some hope that Cersei survived just so Arya can finally repay her for everything that happened.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you’re talking to me, eat a dick. It’s plain as fucking day and thanks for confirming it asshole.

If you’re not, my bad.
I wasn't talking to anyone in particular. Just skimming the thread last night there was some serious shit being posted that is just really shitty.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't talking to anyone in particular. Just skimming the thread last night there was some serious shit being posted that is just really shitty.

My bad.

I really do think Jon gonna kill her though. No way Arya gets two raid level kills back to back.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Dany wasn't the only one who went crazy. Apparently all of her troops were murderous savages who were somehow being held at bay by... stuff? You can make an argument for the Dothraki to immediately go off and mutilate everyone in sight as soon as Dany goes on her rampage but all her other troops immediately killing women and children, and even raping them? Where the fuck did that come from?

Dany flies off over the Lannister army when the bell rings. It looks like she's flying directly for the red keep to fry Cersei. Okay, I can get behind that, she won't let Cersei surrender she needs to watch her burn for what she's done. Fits the story to this point. And she flies over thousands of troops ignoring them, troops that were face to face with her own troops. Then she stops halfway to the red keep and just starts burning civilians. As others have pointed out it's obvious the writers wanted her to descend into madness except hamfisting it into a 2 episode soap opera about how she's a petulant little twat doesn't do that descent any justice and leaves the audience scratching their head. There is a big difference between being reckless, arrogant and childish as she always has been and suddenly being completely gone. It was way too jarring because it happened way too fast and the catalyst was manufactured through plot holes and inconsistencies in story telling, rather than the character's history.

The writer's have actually said that she is NOT insane like her father. They don't know how to subvert expectations via writing so they just lie in interviews and write the character in a way that contradicts herself for the sake of keeping the audience in the dark. And then we're supposed to believe she was always teetering on the edge and a sunday stroll through the sky where she kind of forgot about the iron fleet is the straw that break's the camel's back. Her dragon dies and missandei gets captured because Dany is a scatter brain. One episode she's aloof and the next she's a murderous psychopath.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I don't understand why they didn't kill rheagal n this episode? Like last episode they kill Missandi Danny starts to crack this episode they attack the city with two dragons taking care to avoid civilian causalities they swoop down on a crowd of people but pull back when they see they are civilians as they fly back the civilians part and there is a scorpion there with human shields and it kills Rhaegal causing danny to do her crazy thing then have the rest of the episode play out.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dany wasn't the only one who went crazy. Apparently all of her troops were murderous savages who were somehow being held at bay by... stuff? You can make an argument for the Dothraki to immediately go off and mutilate everyone in sight as soon as Dany goes on her rampage but all her other troops immediately killing women and children, and even raping them? Where the fuck did that come from?

Dany flies off over the Lannister army when the bell rings. It looks like she's flying directly for the red keep to fry Cersei. Okay, I can get behind that, she won't let Cersei surrender she need to watch her burn for what she's done. Fits the story to this point. And she flies over thousands of troops ignoring them, troops that were face to face with her own troops. Then she stops halfway to the red keep and just starts burning civilians. As other's have pointed out it's obvious the writers wanted her to descend into madness except hamfisting it into a 2 episode soap opera about how she's a petulant little twat doesn't do that descent any justice and leaves the audience scratching their head. There is a big difference between being reckless, arrogant and childish as she always has been and suddenly being completely gone. It was way too jarring because it happened way too fast and the catalyst was manufactured through plot holes and inconsistencies in story telling, rather than the character's history.

The writer's have actually said that she is NOT insane like her father. They don't know how to subvert expectations via writing so they just lie in interviews and write the character in a way that suggests she completely in control of her faculties. And then we're supposed to believe she was always teetering on the edge and a sunday stroll through the sky where she kind of forgot about the iron fleet is the straw that break's the camel's back. Her dragon dies and missandei gets captures because she's a scatter brain. One episode she's aloof and the next she's a murderous psychopath.
I wonder if part of it is seeing your queen start murdering and thinking that something is going on that you can't see. Or just bloodlust. I mean, it was lazy writing either way.

Greyworm kind of turned into a bitch

• 2Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually thought the episode was decent for this season. Not a high bar, I get it. Cleganebowl was shot very well (the shot of both of them on the stairs while Drogon flies overhead is a great shot). I've always thought Dany had a evil streak inside of her (she literally allowed Khal Drogo to pour molten gold on her brother, she executed the Tarly's with zero fucks given). If you think about it she was ready to burn the city down as soon as she stepped on Westeros, she just had Tyrion (and Varys) keep talking her out of it. She couldn't get talked about of it anymore. She has made more than a few comments (specifically to Jon) that nobody loves her and in her mind the only way she's going to rule effectively is through fear. I'm not trying to make excuses for her, the writing did a piss poor job of fully conveying the buildup of her going Mad Queen. Some of that has to do with the fact that they are compressing all this into 6 episodes. Every single thing this season has felt rushed.

I'm more annoyed with how they treated Jaime and Cersei. They made Cersei a placeholder this season when she's supposed to be the end boss. They completely gutted Jaime's story arc. He defies Cersei to fight against the Night King and finally get with Brienne for what exactly? To run back home to Cersei like the lapdog that he is?

It's all so disappointing really. This was one of the great fantasy worlds in recent memory and the TV writing has destroyed it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not gonna say who but there's some serious nostradouching in this thread. Chill out with that shit.

Yeah, I read the spoilers too and they're probably right. No need to pretend like you came up with that shit on your own. You know who you are.

Disclaimer: I did not read the spoilers until after I predicted the Arya acrobatic kill. That I will take to my grave as the greatest prediction of my life.

I skimmed it last night too and have no idea what "serious" stuff you saw, but if it's anything I said, I've not seen any spoilers and most of my predictions last night weren't very serious . Other than Jon killing Daeny

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i was actually hoping greyworm would turn on jon for not fighting, and then jon would have to kill greyworm.

it was pretty hilarious that AS SOON as dany starts burning innocents, everyone goes on a rapequest. like, GUYS, THE CITY'S BURNING! QUICK RAPE EVERYONE BEFORE SHE KILLS THEM ALL!

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I skimmed it last night too and have no idea what "serious" stuff you saw, but if it's anything I said, I've not seen any spoilers and most of my predictions last night weren't very serious . Other than Jon killing Daeny

there's a few commenting on spoilers, but i think if you didn't read what the spoilers actually are, you could have missed it... just blended in with the rest of the sea of complaints. i don't want to point out who they are or what they are just because i don't want to give it any more attention, but they are definitely there.

edit: to clarify, i'm not saying YOU put up spoilers, i'm saying others did

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
yeah, i was actually hoping greyworm would turn on jon for not fighting, and then jon would have to kill greyworm.

it was pretty hilarious that AS SOON as dany starts burning innocents, everyone goes on a rapequest. like, GUYS, THE CITY'S BURNING! QUICK RAPE EVERYONE BEFORE SHE KILLS THEM ALL!

The writing has become so bad that I'm surprised they didn't have a scene where unsullied were trying to rape women, having forgot about their lack of cocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 14Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They completely gutted Jaime's story arc

They didn't gut it, they turned the arc into a circle. It makes decent sense if you think of him as an addict who relapses. What sucks is that they ruined Cersei in the process. And like damn near everything else that has happened in s7 and s8, it should have had another season or two to develop.

• 2Like

MachRed

Molten Core Raider
The ending is turning out perfect. Kings Landing is burned to shit from the invading horde of foreign savages. Perfect analogy of the world today.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users