GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pretty sure you could make an argument that Drogon/Dany is what killed Cersei. People are acting like the building collapsing was a random earthquake.

The whole Azor Ahai/Prince that was Promised could also refer to Jon killing Dany. Everyone just assumed it was the Night King, but a mad mass killing Queen fits as well. Think there's also something about him killing the women he loved or something
if thats the case, then jon is also the bad guy for setting dany off to be killed by jon later on.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GoT's quality drop-off is totally and absolutely because at some point, showrunners had to actually write stuff instead of following GRRM plotlines. Anyone thinking otherwise is either delusional or not educated enough about how TV shows are produced nowadays. CGI / stand-ins / practical FX being cut in favor of actor wages is what it is, budget isn't a bottomless pit, development executives are there to min/max profits.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I think the show is actually staying pretty true to the characters, it's just that the plot sequencing leaves little room for surprises or interesting plot. They're doing a very fast color-by-numbers job at this point, and rushing characters to the end of their arcs, which aren't really arcs at all, since almost no one really changed through the entire series, except Tyrion who just somehow got dumber over 8 seasons.

I agree with this. I don't actually feel like any of the characters are ending up in the wrong places, its just they got there wrong.

As I said before, there were plenty of hints Dany was going to be ruthless and vicious, but the way they showed her becoming that was all wrong. The whole scene would have made loads more sense if the bells had never rang but there was a surrender on the field. You can have her then say, at least, that "even if the soldiers surrendered, its clear the nobles didn't fear me...And use that as an excuse to have her just firebomb the whole city to show everyone how dangerous and vindictive she is.

That would have stayed IN CHARACTER, but also shown what they wanted to show, it would have made Dany stay in that "gray zone" the show strives for, where you can't write her off as just evil because she understands even a beaten enemy can be very dangerous if they don't surrender (Effectively America in WW2). Debates about "good" vs "necessary for the greater good" would have actually been possible then. Instead though, Dany wins, and actually has a chance to still be ruthless to just her enemies, but decides to barbecue civilians instead? Made zero sense. Shock value for shock value, damned the characters lines.

The road getting to the destination is just ridiculous, even if the destination makes sense. You can really tell Martin told them "this is how it should end", and left the way to get there blank and these retards were just not up to the level needed to fill it in.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
GoT's quality drop-off is totally and absolutely because at some point, showrunners had to actually write stuff instead of following GRRM plotlines. Anyone thinking otherwise is either delusional or not educated enough about how TV shows are produced nowadays. CGI / stand-ins / practical FX being cut in favor of actor wages is what it is, budget isn't a bottomless pit, development executives are there to min/max profits.

HBO said they can take another year or two which is confirmed at this point.

Also offered as much money as necessary and 10 full episodes, which is also confirmed fact at this point.

Produced what when they won't produce? They have to go.

D&D needed to be taken off the project-- and HBO didn't have the clout or contract on their side. Reddit leakers have D&D's contract as airtight, meaning if D&D don't participate, then there is no Game of Thrones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pretty sure you could make an argument that Drogon/Dany is what killed Cersei. People are acting like the building collapsing was a random earthquake.

Drogon isn't a "little brother" and neither is Dany.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
From what I recall in the books, it's not that prophecies are bullshit, it's that they get misinterpreted. Cersei believes little brother refers to Tyrion instead of Jaime.

This. People really misinterpret Martin's wry view of prophecies and wisdom. Almost all the prophecies in the book come true, just never in the way that is expected.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

All her attack routes should have been inward to the red keep, her just circling the city roasting anything that moves is... argh... it was cool that the wildfire started to get set off that her forefathers left behind is actually some good stuff... but kinda ham fisted.

Told you goobers Jamie is not going to be redeemed - he did everything he could to save his love and the only thing that mattered and screw anyone else.

I wonder if Tyrions betrayal will be found out... and again proving even HE only truly is loyal to his family. Truly the entire point is that the lannister CANNOT be trusted by anyone.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Money on whether or not Brienne is pregnant with Jaime's child? IMAGINE THE RAINBOWS!!!!!!!!!

• 1Barf
  • 1Blown

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

I mean it's totally obvious that the writer's changed. The first 4-5 seasons used direct quotes from the book, and had writer's that could at least mirror the dialogue quality and the semi-medieval language of the setting. By the time season 6 or so came about, the complexity of the dialogue became massively simplified, and I could no longer detect any of that unique language that was employed in the books and the first few seasons.

I just don't understand though why they couldn't find good writers considering the time, popularity, and money available. Screamfeeder Screamfeeder do you have answers to soothe our wounded souls?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean it's totally obvious that the writer's changed. The first 4-5 seasons used direct quotes from the book, and had writer's that could at least mirror the dialogue quality and the semi-medieval language of the setting. By the time season 6 or so came about, the complexity of the dialogue became massively simplified, and I could no longer detect any of that unique language that was employed in the books and the first few seasons.

I just don't understand though why they couldn't find good writers considering the time, popularity, and money available. Screamfeeder Screamfeeder do you have answers to soothe our wounded souls?
you can tell they hired scrub writers because NOBODY bows anymore. in the first seasons everyone bowed

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm starting to think that GRRM can't find a way to end this shit either. So if he can't finish it then no Hollywood hack is going to do it justice either.

• 4Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd like to see your sources.

One of those guys, as I suspected.

Try reading the thread before posting and then people won't have to piece meal it together for you. Multiple interviews multiple sources.

At this point the cats out of the bag-- and leaks are becoming fact by the day. Every day a new leak becomes a new fact.

That's a good start

*flicks toothpick*

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One of those guys, as I suspected.

Try reading the thread before posting and then people won't have to piece meal it together for you. Multiple interviews multiple sources.

At this point the cats out of the bag-- and leaks are becoming fact by the day. Every day a new leak becomes a new fact.

That's a good start

View attachment 207706

*flicks toothpick*
Disney agrees.

• 2Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The sad thing is, despite the totally unoriginal fates of each character, if they had at least fleshed things out over an additional 4-5 episodes instead of cramming everything together and therefore making things appear jarring and nonsensical, it wouldn't have been as nearly as bad.

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its also funny that they lied about the shows runtimes. they added the intro, previously on, end credits and "after the show" to pad it. it was only a 56 minute episode in actuality.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd like to see your sources.

In 2016, HBO fought D&D to the hilt to get more episodes out of them.

Not just wishing for more, but HBO actively trying was revealed. "We will figure this out." Signals an active argument with D&D.

Or did you have another interpretation you would like to share with us?

- Mike Lombardo, head of HBO programming

*takes two toothpicks in each hand*

*simultaneously flicks double picks*