GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Jon Snow coming back to the Nights Watch after all the bullshit he endured in the last few seasons:
471rx5kv0az21.gif

1ebk0c2i6az21.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Perhaps all the stuff with Melisandre served to show that there really are no gods. The prophecy she is intent on serving the interest of is garbage and the guy she rezzes, while he does stuff and 'breaks the wheel' is no Azor Ahai. She was just a fire sorceress whose belief fueled her power but there was nothing really behind that belief. This would jive with the Valyrian background where they tolerated all faiths as they believed them to be all equally wrong and worthless compared to the 'science' of magic.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Good ending only on the superficial, slick surface of it all. Horrific ending in terms of having depth, originality and creativity. Westeros used to have magic in it... used to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
D&D clearly only had the final pieces of the story and missed the arcs leading them there. At first I thought they just did a poor job of spelling out the story and the character developments but now I figure GRRM had a completely different chain of events in mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Series 7.5/10 —— I enjoyed it more often than not, I enjoyed the last episode (kinda) but that last season...
Finale season 3.5/10 —— trash tier writing, not TLJ bad however they did make an attempt at that throne
Finale 6.5/10 —— actual episode was good, great even, but it’s how they got there.

It felt like the last episode was written, maybe even shot, before the final season was and they just didn’t know how to effectively get back from where they left off to that end. I am not saying it was shot first, just feels like that, and it is common practice to write the ending first but you have to have a strong sense and strategy of how you are getting to that ending and they just didn’t give themselves enough episodes to do the job and/or they didn’t use the ones they had effectively.

The biggest disappoint, as always, is that you can clearly see what “could have been” instead of what we got.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Series 7.5/10 —— I enjoyed it more often than not, I enjoyed the last episode (kinda) but that last season...
Finale season 3.5/10 —— trash tier writing, not TLJ bad however they did make an attempt at that throne
Finale 6.5/10 —— actual episode was good, great even, but it’s how they got there.

It felt like the last episode was written, maybe even shot, before the final season was and they just didn’t know how to effectively get back from where they left off to that end. I am not saying it was shot first, just feels like that, and it is common practice to write the ending first but you have to have a strong sense and strategy of how you are getting to that ending and they just didn’t give themselves enough episodes to do the job and/or they didn’t use the ones they had effectively.

The biggest disappoint, as always, is that you can clearly see what “could have been” instead of what we got.

This is what I was coming in to say almost exactly. The ending itself was pretty good to me, it just took a ton of really shitty writing to bend the overall narrative to go in that direction, to the point of completely destroying what had been built up to that point. The only thing that drove me nuts was the fact that Sansa was able to go fuck you guys, we are independent without a word of argument. But honestly, it could have been much worse, so I really wasn't going to focus on that. I write stories (not very well mind you), and I have never understood fully laying out the ending first. Yes, you have an idea where things are going to end up, but as you write, things will change. Yet, TV seems to do this a lot and are HORRIBLE at actually getting the dots connected.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I loved her speech in dothraki from the top of the steps over all of the Unsullied to the guys on horse who were all hooting and hollering. Definitely can see how Tyrion and Jon interpreted that as the reason she must be killed ASAP :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Its hard to pick what I hate most about the ending, but I think its Arya the Explorer.

Spends her whole life training for revenge on the people who hurt her and killed her family. Gets some of her revenge, is reunited with her family, decides "hmm, guess I'll go be an explorer", something she's never shown the least bit of interest in before.

This shit wasnt spoiled by the execution. This was a dumb fucking idea in the first place.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Its hard to pick what I hate most about the ending, but I think its Arya the Explorer.

Spends her whole life training for revenge on the people who hurt her and killed her family. Gets some of her revenge, is reunited with her family, decides "hmm, guess I'll go be an explorer", something she's never shown the least bit of interest in before.

This shit wasnt spoiled by the execution. This was a dumb fucking idea in the first place.

It makes some sense when you look at her path so far. She was a child being forced towards a life she would have hated. She then lost most of her family and became something capable of doing all the things she dreamt of being able to do as a child. With all the targets on her list done, she can finally live the life she dreamt of and one of her own choosing. I don't necessarily agree with the silly explorer bit, but it fits within the rest. If you're capable of the things she is and you're looking to define your life, you might as well go big.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I don’t have a problem with her ending, to me it made sense. Maybe how they got there was dumb but her ending itself was fine.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
I loved her speech in dothraki from the top of the steps over all of the Unsullied to the guys on horse who were all hooting and hollering. Definitely can see how Tyrion and Jon interpreted that as the reason she must be killed ASAP :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My brain is slightly broken - of all the preposterous and unbelievable things that happened in this series, I found the *least* plausible thing to be that a single person further away than Jon heard a single word of that speech, and he doesn't speak Dothraki !

I can't help picturing The Life of Brian scene about 'Blessed are the Cheesemakers', you know the Dothraki are just randomly cheering while having no idea what's going on - 'What'd she say ? I dunno, something about ducks'.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's a good thing that Emelia Clark can make a fucking trumpet with those lips, it's the only way a bunch of Dothraki could hear her from 3 football fields away.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users