GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fucking Robyn Arryn is the new Neville Longbottom.

jonarryn1.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I followed these characters for well over a decade and I didn't feel one bit of melancholy or satisfaction as I watched their journey come to an end. It takes a really special kind of ineptitude in storytelling to just fail this miserably. The only thing I really got out of it was relief that it was over, and I could stop trying to give a damn.

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah I was going 'who the fuck is thi... oh shit THAT's Robin Arryn?' I guess there might be some advantages to breast feeding until the age of 10

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Things that lack historical significance:

Westeros does not have a gun powder technology yet. No Gun Powder, No Canons, no Technological superiority.

It is likely that Arya and her explorers will get wiped out.

GOOD JOB D&D.
Don't need gun powder when you have scorpion bolt railguns.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We can't close the thread until someone asks how everyone teleported to KL's for the meeting to select Bran as King because they didn't pay attention to Tyrion talking about how he's had weeks to think about things as a prisoner...
It was pretty obvious from his beard growth that a lot of time had passed.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the explanation of the night's watch was sort of a throwaway line, but it's returned to what it was before the show started. yeah, it started out as this honorable thing where people would guard the world against the others, but after no one had seen them in thousands of years, people stopped thinking of it as an honorable guard and more of a joke. then, when people stopped volunteering to go watch out for nothing, the lords of westeros decided that, out of pure tradition i assume, if people didn't volunteer, they'd just use it as an alternative to jail time/execution.

i mean, 50 years ago, what did people think about the night's watch? just because WE know how important a role the night's watch is, doesn't mean anyone else in westeros did.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Holy shit, lots of pages to read(which I most definitely won't). I'll just assume it's all praise at how masterfully they wrapped up this epic tale.

I want to give props to the diversity pick of a cripple for king, but alas...it was still a white male. Westeros will never learn!

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

j00t

It was pretty obvious from his beard growth that a lot of time had passed.

in the very first episode, after arriving in winterfell from king's landing, robert says he wants to pay his respects to the stark ancestors and cersei says "ugh, it can wait. we've been on the road for months."

that was a planned trip, everyone knew it was happening. when jon kills dany and greyworm captures him... did he send out letters to everyone? i imagine ayra was probably like, JON WHERE YOU AT but why would she tell ALL the lords of westeros?

i mean, half the lords were in winterfell, i guess, so there's that... but someone had to organize a meeting, organize each respective lord's trip... from the moment jon is captured to the moment bran is voted king it HAS to be several months. all the while, grey worm is just sitting there "HOW DO I SHOT WEB"

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jon "having" to take the black and then go live as the King of the Wildings in the freezing north is one of the dumbest fucking things that could of ever happened to his character, BESIDES reuniting with Ghost.

This show will go down as a study of literal fanfic. When your source material dries up but your show gets wildly popular, I guess I can see why, but still no excuse to just throw in the towel and make people feel duped.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
Great show. Horrible ending.
If I’m sitting on the council and the north gets to be independent i’d Be like eehhhh me too dawg.

Bran being king when he said he could never be lord of anything is just dumb.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

I'll never understand the "it's been shit ever since end of Season 5" crowd. Certainly there's been some stuff that was rushed and fell off in quality, but pretending everything since the end of season 5 has been bad is just wrong, too.

That shit is solid. I can get some of the complaints from last season even if some were dumb as fuck, because it all still worked as long as we got the payoff in the endgame this season. Which we didn't. Episode 3 Season 8 is where it will always have went permanently to shit for me.
That scene is great.. But, it also represented one of the giant flaws with the show. and, a giant fracture in logic/logisitics. Showing the showrunners did not care about logic. just moving chess peices.

The Sept is blown up by wildfire. Religious leadership all wiped out. King suicides. etc... And, Circe just takes over. The people of the city... just shrug and go ok apparently. This was one of the biggest moments that showed, anyone that was not a named figure, did not exist. No one has desires, feelings, wants, or needs, that is not a major plot character. Armies just magically appear to follow named characters around. Food just magically appears to feed Lords.
Kings landing should have been in complete and total revolt after this. Civil unrest isn't even discussed. Because the people of kings landing don't exist to D&D, until they are needed to be burned alive. Events only have effect on named characters.

So, now in the end, you can see exactly that occuring. Oh, literally no one in The Reach would accept Bronn? well they don't exist, because they aren't named characters. The ending is a whos who list of nobody named characters getting lands, titles, etc, just becuase they are named characters. I'm surprised Gilly didn't get named Queen of Dorne.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jon "having" to take the black and then go live as the King of the Wildings in the freezing north is one of the dumbest fucking things that could of ever happened to his character, BESIDES reuniting with Ghost.

This show will go down as a study of literal fanfic. When your source material dries up but your show gets wildly popular, I guess I can see why, but still no excuse to just throw in the towel and make people feel duped.

Honestly I am not sure even if Jon would consider it much of a punishment. Okay there is nothing to really guard against so go live with the wildlings beyond the wall with ghost and um live with people who really like you and accept you as one of them. That does not seem to be that harsh after killing a queen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

i think it's fairly congruent with the rest of the show's story (from GRRM's story) that jon goes north. there's this incessant drive for power from everyone, this undue focus on lineage and royal blood. and all it causes is bloodshed. jon doesn't care about any of it, he never REALLY did. he just wanted to be loved by the people that he loved. he goes north and whether they make him king beyond the wall or not, it's not based on who he is, but what he's done. he's earned each and every one of the wildling's respect by fighting for them, honoring their traditions, treating them as equals, all while being an outsider.

the problem is that they spent 15 minutes on having arya walk around in slow motion in a place that we just spent 45 minutes watching get destroyed and so they run out of time telling the parts of the story that actually matter. i don't think john should have gotten forced to take the black, but i think it fits him perfectly to go north beyond the wall

• 3Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What was the point of the white horse in the previous episode and Arya riding it, but then like episode 6 she's not riding it? I thought it was supposed to mean something

• 3Like