GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jive Turkey

Karen

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd eat my shoe thats whats going to happen.

Danny goes nuts starts burning civilians Cercei can't do shit about it.

Jon Snow shows up late and is like WTF is going on.

Cercei kills random good guy character like Varys or Tyrion to show she's gone crazy

Jon has to kill Danny to save the realm.

Tyrion/Varys force the throne on him and he's upset.

Sansa rules the north.

Bran says some dumb shit about the Undead threat not being over then the series ends.

Om nom shoe time?

• 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Been watching the entire series from the beginning with my girlfriend (it's her first time seeing it). We're halfway through season 6. There's a part where Arya is talking to the actress lady. After asking Arya to join their traveling show, Arya says no. "where will you go?" "Essos is east, Westeros is west. What's west of Westeros? its where the maps end. Nobody knows. That's where I'm going"
So anyone saying Arya didn't show any indication that she wanted to explore, she literally said it in season 6 in the exact same words she says it in the last episode
it figures the writers came up with that babble after the book material ran out. i dont know why you're confirming that the show went to shit years ago. we know dude, we know.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
One line of throwaway dialogue -- that at the time appeared t be just nonsense given to cover her tracks?

Come on. Throughout the story Arya was driveen by a few motivations
revenge
become a faceless man
find if anything remained of her family

Those were her actual motivations, those were what drove her actions.

Not once did Arya say "ya know what, I'm doing this revenge thing right now, but what I REALLY want to do is Arya the Explorer". No, she did training, and revenge, and sought her family. This was dumb tacked on bullshit. And if its GRRMs bullshit its just as dumb.

• 1Like

gak

<Gold Donor>
Not once did Arya say "ya know what, I'm doing this revenge thing right now, but what I REALLY want to do is Arya the Explorer". No, she did training, and revenge, and sought her family. This was dumb tacked on bullshit. And if its GRRMs bullshit its just as dumb.

Watch yourself sweetie, do you want me to re-watch the entire series, find one line of dialog to support my argument, pretend to have a girlfriend to justify me wasting 100 hours of my life just to make a forum post, then call you a nerd ?

b.gif

• 6Like
  • 6Worf
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 14 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
loooooool.

This thread has seen giants rise, trolls banned, posters dying and being remembered, but gak just shitted all over your head Jive Turkey...WOW lol.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
it figures the writers came up with that babble after the book material ran out. i dont know why you're confirming that the show went to shit years ago. we know dude, we know.

What is so bad about that line? Can anyone actually make the case? The land is called Westeros because it's the western most point of the known world. Why is it retarded to ask what's west of Westeros if you want to go explore the unknown?

Jive Turkey

Karen
One line of throwaway dialogue -- that at the time appeared t be just nonsense given to cover her tracks?

Come on. Throughout the story Arya was driveen by a few motivations
revenge
become a faceless man
find if anything remained of her family

Those were her actual motivations, those were what drove her actions.

Her entire story line was exploration. She hopped on a ship and headed to a land she'd never been before at the end of a season. How is her hopping on a ship at the end of the series any different? Does she need to find some more shit to need revenge over? Or would she do the exact same thing she's being doing since the start of the show minus the revenge?
you could call it underwhelming, but it's completely in line with her characterization

Jive Turkey

Karen
USER RECEIVED AN INFRACTION FOR THIS POST
Watch yourself sweetie, do you want me to re-watch the entire series, find one line of dialog to support my argument, pretend to have a girlfriend to justify me wasting 100 hours of my life just to make a forum post, then call you a nerd ?

View attachment 209371
edited to conform with forum rules:

If you don't think the series is watchable, what the fuck are you doing in here? You nerds are insufferable. Isn't there an anime pillow you should be sticking your dick into or something?

This bitching and moaning is seriously what you losers live for. spank yourself with a wooden spoon

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage

Jive Turkey

Karen
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Her entire story line was exploration. She hopped on a ship and headed to a land she'd never been before at the end of a season. How is her hopping on a ship at the end of the series any different? Does she need to find some more shit to need revenge over? Or would she do the exact same thing she's being doing since the start of the show minus the revenge?
you could call it underwhelming, but it's completely in line with her characterization
Her entire arch was revenge. She only got on the braavosi ship because jaqen gave her the faceless man coin to come see her. After sandor tells her to fuck off back home she should have settled with gendry or perhaps gone up north with Jon to explore the land of always winter. Arya was never Popeye the sailor man.

• 1Solidarity

Jive Turkey

Karen
Her entire arch was revenge. She only got on the braavosi ship because jaqen gave her the faceless man coin to come see her. After sandor tells her to fuck off back home she should have settled with gendry or perhaps gone up north with Jon to explore the land of always winter. Arya was never Popeye the sailor man.

exploration facilitated by revenge. Revenge is off the table, so what's left? Again, you could say it's unsatisfying, but it's not out of character. There are a lot of writing decisions to complain about. I don't think this is one of them

Last edited:

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Here is picture for you nerds to jerk off to so you can stop having this dumb argument.
6e3e1004b2e01352c095ee640e30b622.jpeg

• 1Garbage
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
exploration facilitated by revenge. Revenge is off the table, so what's left? Again, you could say it's unsatisfying, but it's not out of character. There are a lot of writing decisions to complain about. I don't think this is one of them
you're just attributing traits to her character that were never there before. arya being an explorer? when did that happen? when did she become christopher columbus?

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't even realize people were complaining about Arya's ending. Aside from the ninja lol kill on the NK, was pretty much fine with the rest of Arya's season. It was all the major dumb shit most people had an issue with.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Didn't even realize people were complaining about Arya's ending. Aside from the ninja lol kill on the NK, was pretty much fine with the rest of Arya's season. It was all the major dumb shit most people had an issue with.
Pretty sure someone has complained about everything at least once in this thread.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Arya doing a character 360 right into a Styx song is definitely dumb but nowhere near the dumbest thing of the seasons since that was a part of 1 scene and the epilogue.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf