GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they hosed that franchise just because fattie ran out of ideas and these guys never had any of their own.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
wow thats crazy to FILM a pilot and then cancel. like they thought its totally not salvageable in any way? weird

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
wow thats crazy to FILM a pilot and then cancel. like they thought its totally not salvageable in any way? weird
I mean most pilots don't become shows, but this one seemed about as sure a thing as there is for this sort of shit.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck ... they are all over the place with this shit. So House of Dragons, 300 years before GoT is a go but the rest aren't

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's why there's "pilot season". They film all kinds of shows just to get a feel for it. Then they take the filmed episode around for people to watch and get a response. This is how many shows are made or die.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I just hope they've found some capable people to helm the new GoT project.

It could happen . . . right?

Everyone is excited that Miguel Sapochnik is one of the showrunners.
He directed some of the better GoT episodes

Season 5
7 "The Gift"
8 "Hardhome"

Season 6
9 "Battle of the Bastards"
10 "The Winds of Winter"

Season 8
3 "The Long Night"
5 "The Bells"

Seasons 5 & 6 were the last good season of GoT and his Season 8 episodes were the 2 big climatic episodes, done pretty well even though I completely disagree with the direction of the story. "The Long Night" is probably the most disappointing one on that list, but who knows how much he had to bend over for the 2 dumbshits above him.

I'm excited to see what this guy can do, maybe we'll get some battles that rival what they pulled off in GoT. He seems to be the master of it.
Just as long as we don't get stupidly dark shit like "The Long Night" again.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How much input does a director have in outputting an episode so dark, you couldn't understand half the scenes?

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fuck ... they are all over the place with this shit. So House of Dragons, 300 years before GoT is a go but the rest aren't
House of Dragons already have the lore mapped out from GRRM, the millions of dollars worth of failed pilot would have been all original ideas with a feminist writer/director.

• 1Picard

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
How much input does a director have in outputting an episode so dark, you couldn't understand half the scenes?
I don't understand the question... you saying he doesn't have input? Director has control over every aspect. Of course he needs to follow some style guides and the script, but can normally take some liberties.

Goatface

i still see people say , won't see what darkness level the director wanted until the blu ray comes out and it was HBO's handling that made it that dark.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand the question... you saying he doesn't have input? Director has control over every aspect. Of course he needs to follow some style guides and the script, but can normally take some liberties.
I'm saying "The Long Night" should question your confidence in Miguel. For more than just the writing.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm saying "The Long Night" should question your confidence in Miguel. For more than just the writing.
Gotcha, but Battle of the Bastards was so good , and Hardhome was up there, I'd like to think we'll get more of those and that the Long Night will remain the outlier.
Battle of the Bastards is probably my favorite episode in the series.

Sterling

El Presidente
Gotcha, but Battle of the Bastards was so good , and Hardhome was up there, I'd like to think we'll get more of those and that the Long Night will remain the outlier.
Battle of the Bastards is probably my favorite episode in the series.
I feel like I'm the only one that finds Battle of the Bastards, while mostly a great episode, the actual Ramsay/Snow stuff to be terrible and cartoony.

• 2Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like I'm the only one that finds Battle of the Bastards, while mostly a great episode, the actual Ramsay/Snow stuff to be terrible and cartoony.

The episode is fucking stupid like all the other post-book episodes, it just had a really awesome looking battle sequence. It made Jon a total fucking idiot unfit to command troops and head-faked us with 'maybe Sansa isnt an idiot anymore' only to reveal 'nope, Sansa is still a total fucking idiot too'.

Darth Sansa had a lot of potential as more than just a meme, like hey she finally learned something from all those people passing her around like a playing piece. The idea that she intentionally withheld the Knights of the Vale to weaken Jon's position was a juicy one. But nope, she was just a moron.

• 2Like