GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even in fantasy, you have to obey some rules. If you just established that dragon fire will not hurt The Night King, then you just cant sort of forget that 15 minutes later when you kill him with a dragon fire forged knife.

Obvious magic explanation:
The Nite King saw the dragon coming and was able to cast his maximized empowered frost shield spell. Area learned the invis to undead spell from the faceless men, so he was blindsided by the +5 dagger of undead slaying.

P.S. The best battle depicted in the TV show was the Battle of Oxcross.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'd take season 6 over season 5 any day. It was the first glimpse at what D&D provide without source material (fuck all). They completely re-wrote Stannis and LF's story arch's and butchered the shit out of both. Literally everything about Shireens death made no sense, just shock value for the sake of shock value because those hacks didn't realize what actually made the show amazing. The crazy thing is, there is literally no reason for Stannis to have been involved in that. Those dumb twats literally created half a dozen plot holes because they thought they were smarter, better writers than grrm. With the Sansa rape they were at least trying to combine characters and take a shortcut. Still hard to watch and unnecessary shock value that completely destroyed LF's character.

The only good thing about season 5 was that it made season 6 and 7 watchable in a fanfic sorta way. Fuck season 8 forever though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There were people here justifying the LF storyline D&D wrote I recall.

It's been talked over, but there were ways to do what they wanted to do in a way that made more sense.

I know that the guys who made excuses for LF's story arc probably aren't going to come forward and defend it again. It was something they got away with in the immediate aftermath of the GoT finale.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'd take season 6 over season 5 any day. It was the first glimpse at what D&D provide without source material (fuck all). They completely re-wrote Stannis and LF's story arch's and butchered the shit out of both. Literally everything about Shireens death made no sense, just shock value for the sake of shock value because those hacks didn't realize what actually made the show amazing. The crazy thing is, there is literally no reason for Stannis to have been involved in that. Those dumb twats literally created half a dozen plot holes because they thought they were smarter, better writers than grrm. With the Sansa rape they were at least trying to combine characters and take a shortcut. Still hard to watch and unnecessary shock value that completely destroyed LF's character.

The only good thing about season 5 was that it made season 6 and 7 watchable in a fanfic sorta way. Fuck season 8 forever though.
Shireen and Stannis stuff was tarded, i cant deny that. it was fucking heresy that he would allow his bitch wife to kill his own daughter. didnt he trade a dragon egg to have her cured? she meant a lot to him, in fact i think he would call the whole thing off and go home before he would let something like that ever happen.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Even in fantasy, you have to obey some rules. If you just established that dragon fire will not hurt The Night King, then you just cant sort of forget that 15 minutes later when you kill him with a dragon fire forged knife.

Oh FFS. Dragon fire isn't valerian steel It's only an ingredient. You have to have all the components together to kill him

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Shireen and Stannis stuff was tarded, i cant deny that. it was fucking heresy that he would allow his bitch wife to kill his own daughter. didnt he trade a dragon egg to have her cured? she meant a lot to him, in fact i think he would call the whole thing off and go home before he would let something like that ever happen.

Yeah, the burning of his own daughter was ridiculous, especially since it lead to nothing. They don't even bother to show the battle in which he loses his entire army to Ramsay. The Red Witch actually meant fuck all to the entire story arc, except that she brought Snow back to life, which still meant fuck all because he doesn't wind up killing the Night King, or even wind up on the throne. Holy fuck, the more you think about how awful the show was written, the more pissed off you get...

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, the burning of his own daughter was ridiculous, especially since it lead to nothing. They don't even bother to show the battle in which he loses his entire army to Ramsay. The Red Witch actually meant fuck all to the entire story arc, except that she brought Snow back to life, which still meant fuck all because he doesn't wind up killing the Night King, or even wind up on the throne. Holy fuck, the more you think about how awful the show was written, the more pissed off you get...
alot of it ended up meaning fuck all. Jaime's redemption arch meant nothing causing brienne's arc to mean nothing and cersei ended up just being a dumb evil bitch when she was so fucking crafty in the early seasons. she fucks the pirate to make him do stuff for her. fucking low tier faggotry.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Book one talks about spells being used in the creation of Valyrian steel. This is a weird complaint given the nature of magic in this setting.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
alot of it ended up meaning fuck all. Jaime's redemption arch meant nothing causing brienne's arc to mean nothing and cersei ended up just being a dumb evil bitch when she was so fucking crafty in the early seasons. she fucks the pirate to make him do stuff for her. fucking low tier faggotry.

Jon's resurrection amounting to fuckall was another L for D&D

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And when GRRM puts the book out and finishes the arc, it'll be another L for GRRM.

A lot of these story threads have no plan and are absolutely meaningless. D&D did him a favor shitcanning the series.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
GRRM will never finish the books. Either because he's rich now, or lazy, or just has zero idea on how to actually complete the story. It's one of the first rules of writing: you have to know how the story is going to end. I think GRRM has painted himself into a corner, and there's no way out. Obviously, what D&D came up with fucking sucked, so he'll probably make some serious changes to the story, if he ever writes the story, which he won't.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And when GRRM puts the book out and finishes the arc, it'll be another L for GRRM.

A lot of these story threads have no plan and are absolutely meaningless. D&D did him a favor shitcanning the series.
he introduced so many characters, too many pov characters, that even with the abridged version they tried to finish with on TV ,it was impossible to do even if they had good writers. there was no way GRRM was ever going to finish this series in 2 books. he would either have to leave a ton of it open ended for maybe a new series or have to make it a ten book series to do it justice. either way no way jose we ever get any resolution to this story.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
make it a ten book series to do it justice. either way no way jose we ever get any resolution to this story.

Better sell the IP to Wizards of the Coast then. I hear they run a mean printing press.

Really though the fatass should sell the IP at this point. If he doesn't have any endings or anything definitive written (which it appears he doesn't) then nothing is lost by losing him as a creative.

Hot take would be he's not even the right guy to finish the job at this point.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

I think this pissed me off more than anything else in the show. I could kinda see they were going for Dany turning "crazy" like her father, which was dumb, but nothing was as bad as Cersei just standing in her throne room, watching King's Landing get melted by a dragon, and her only plan was a couple of giant crossbows. I kept on thinking, "there's no way she goes out like this. She has to have something maniacal and awesome up her sleeve that's going to give us that "oh shit" moment, like she did when she killed the Sparrow." But nope, she just stood there looking dumb, then went down to the catacombs and died with Jamie. As his last presidential order, Trump should have D&D arrested for treason and taken to Guantanamo Bay.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think this pissed me off more than anything else in the show. I could kinda see they were going for Dany turning "crazy" like her father, which was dumb, but nothing was as bad as Cersei just standing in her throne room, watching King's Landing get melted by a dragon, and her only plan was a couple of giant crossbows. I kept on thinking, "there's no way she goes out like this. She has to have something maniacal and awesome up her sleeve that's going to give us that "oh shit" moment, like she did when she killed the Sparrow." But nope, she just stood there looking dumb, then went down to the catacombs and died with Jamie. As his last presidential order, Trump should have D&D arrested for treason and taken to Guantanamo Bay.
lol, all those actors and writers are real life assholes. they got the ending they deserved already. none of these people are much of anything anymore. if you see them in something new, its "hey thats the person who was so and so on game of thrones! anyway". they were all tainted by Season 8. its a curse all its own.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
lol, all those actors and writers are real life assholes. they got the ending they deserved already. none of these people are much of anything anymore. if you see them in something new, its "hey thats the person who was so and so on game of thrones! anyway". they were all tainted by Season 8. its a curse all its own.

Hey now, Ramsay Bolton played Nikki Sixx in "The Dirt!" I'll be damned if I'll let you bad mouth him like that!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hey now, Ramsay Bolton played Nikki Sixx in "The Dirt!" I'll be damned if I'll let you bad mouth him like that!
at least their curse is not as bad as the curse thats on the Harry Potter cast and the Disney Star Wars cast.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
GoT is that really hot girl you spent a chunk of your life with that you fucked like she was born for it, only for her to start losing her shit more and more with every passing week, so you walked away with a few scars. You think of how great the sex was from time to time, only to remember how fucking crazy she turned out to be: And you don't miss her one little bit as a result. The STD's she gave you flare up from time to time to remind you to never dive that deep into a woman again.

• 1Salty

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
GoT is that really hot girl you spent a chunk of your life with that you fucked like she was born for it, only for her to start losing her shit more and more with every passing week, so you walked away with a few scars. You think of how great the sex was from time to time, only to remember how fucking crazy she turned out to be: And you don't miss her one little bit as a result. The STD's she gave you flare up from time to time to remind you to never dive that deep into a woman again.

If she's just crazy you're tempted to still do booty calls. I think a super hot chick turned fatty analogy is more fitting.