GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chris

Potato del Grande
The battle at Winterfell should have been amazing, instead you just couldn't fucking see anything and all the sacrifices were pointless and the story meant nothing lol oh well let's see what Cersei's up to.
There were sacrifices?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
the entire Dothraki screaming horde just ran out on the field and died. What was it even for?

Oh wait nm there's a bunch of Dothraki back a couple episodes later. Why? Because everything is meaningless

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
the entire Dothraki screaming horde just ran out on the field and died. What was it even for?

Oh wait nm there's a bunch of Dothraki back a couple episodes later. Why? Because everything is meaningless
They just wanted the cool shots of flaming artillery flying over their heads during the charge and the slow disappearance of their weapons' flames from a distance. That's it. There's no other reason.

THE LAST RIDE OF THE DOTHRAKI! Well, of those Dothraki - the half that somehow turned around and escaped the rampaging wall of the dead are fine!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
They just wanted the cool shots of flaming artillery flying over their heads during the charge and the slow disappearance of their weapons' flames from a distance. That's it. There's no other reason.

THE LAST RIDE OF THE DOTHRAKI! Well, of those Dothraki - the half that somehow turned around and escaped the rampaging wall of the dead are fine!
Listen, half of the Dothraki just kind of forgot about the Night King and the army of the undead and didn't show up to Winterfell that night. It happens.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The fight scene in the Battle of the Bastards was excellent. I think besides the horrible scripts, there were just a lot of inconsistencies in the show after season 5. Everything having to do with the Dorne storyline was absolute shit after The Viper was killed by the Mountain. It's like they just wanted that story arc to end, so they just wrote it into the ground. They obviously could've done so much more, especially how well developed that story was in the books. I can't remember it verbatim, but the part in the book where Doran talks about how his brother was the Viper, but he was the grass that hides the Viper, and who would fear the grass? I thought they could've done a lot more with the entire Dorne storyline than the abortion that it became. Oh well, the show is over, and the final 2 seasons ruined it for me. I even have people ask me who haven't seen it if they should watch it, because they heard how awful the ending was, and I honestly can't even recommend it, unless they want to just stop watching after season 5, possibly 6.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The fight scene in the Battle of the Bastards was excellent. I think besides the horrible scripts, there were just a lot of inconsistencies in the show after season 5. Everything having to do with the Dorne storyline was absolute shit after The Viper was killed by the Mountain. It's like they just wanted that story arc to end, so they just wrote it into the ground. They obviously could've done so much more, especially how well developed that story was in the books. I can't remember it verbatim, but the part in the book where Doran talks about how his brother was the Viper, but he was the grass that hides the Viper, and who would fear the grass? I thought they could've done a lot more with the entire Dorne storyline than the abortion that it became. Oh well, the show is over, and the final 2 seasons ruined it for me. I even have people ask me who haven't seen it if they should watch it, because they heard how awful the ending was, and I honestly can't even recommend it, unless they want to just stop watching after season 5, possibly 6.
i have probably mentioned this many times, but there should have been a point, some kind of moment where the 2 schmucks realized that GRRM wasnt gonna make with the next books any time soon and they should have fucking stalled for time. they should have expanded on all the sideplots they never got to. the dorne plot. the fake targaryan, more into the lore, more flashbacks. something to world build until GRRM got his shit together. i'm sure he would have been fucking happy to help write some of those episodes. but after season 5 it was like they said, fuck it. lets end this shit and move on. if they had stalled, there was probably another 4 seasons of book content they could have touched on and even if GRRM never writes another book, we would have had at least more geek stuff to talk about. everyone's rep would have been saved or at the least delayed the inevitable. instead we get 3 seasons of shit and D&D became laughing stocks so bad, Kathleen Kennedy fired them the day after season 8 ended and parents everywhere regretted naming their kids Daenerys or Jon.

Goatface

parents everywhere regretted naming their kids Daenerys or Jon.
1605768107942.png
1605768254396.png
1605768445307.png
1605768704298.png
1605768397694.png

well, not as many as i thought, lot less than the bella boom

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Battle of the Bastards was good in parts and comically stupid in others.
Yeah I'm not sure why it's regarded as some sort of pinnacle for the series. It looked great, sure, but it made no sense at all. It was offensively stupid. I guess it was tolerable when you compare to the shitshow of the Long Night.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The scene where Sansa was supposed to die was terrible just due to the thickness of the plot armor.
Yeah I mainly remember everyone having at least one heroic death scene then it would cut to them being fine a few minutes later.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I still think s6e10 was a pretty good episode. The music and the constant build up of what was happening in King's Landing is what made it.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
was it ever explained why the Night King was immune to dragon fire, but not valyrian steel which was made with dragon fire?

Of all the examples of shitty writing, asking why magic didn't make logical sense shouldnt be one of them

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Even in fantasy, you have to obey some rules. If you just established that dragon fire will not hurt The Night King, then you just cant sort of forget that 15 minutes later when you kill him with a dragon fire forged knife.