GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The whole white walker battle episode was a scripted NPC event. For your level 20 rogue named Arya.

They made Littlefinger a low level scrub mob and King's Landing was simply a class quest cutscene, zero combat required for your character.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Come on, dude. This is not rocket science. The entire last season made zero fucking sense. How can Bran become the ruler of King's Landing? He has zero fucking claim to the throne. You had everyone killing each other over who was the rightful heir to the 5 kingdoms, only to have everyone at the end say, "a cripple with zero noble blood is everyone's vote to be king? I'm cool with that." And when Bran returned as the Three Eyed Raven, Sansa told him he was the ruler of Winterfell, and he straight up said, "I can never be the ruler of Winterfell, I can never be the ruler of anything. I'm the Three Eyed Raven." So how the fuck do you go from that statement, to "Of course I'm the king, I knew it all along!" Unless you have full on retards as writers of the show.

Jon Snow was the rightful heir to the throne. Barring him winding up as the king, I would've been cool if Jon Snow would've been killed (although this kind of defeats the point of him being brought back to life), and literally anyone else would've become king, or queen. Hell, put a Lannister on the throne and give everyone their "oh shit!" moment. But what they decided to do was a god damn abortion, and yes, it ruins the entire fucking show, not just the last season. I have zero interest in watching any of the previous seasons now that I know how shittily it ends. The Night King dying from a tiny little dagger from Arya sure as fuck didn't enhance the final season at all. The whole thing was just a giant dumpster fire, and there were literally a thousand other ways you could've taken the story that would've been better then what they shit out.

I still have no idea why they had to end the show in a shortened 6 episode last season anyway. GoT was what was paying the bills for HBO. I actually recently cancelled my subscription to HBO because everything else they've done since has been dog shit, and not worth paying for.
i'm with you, but Bran is a Stark. bloodline of the First Men. House Stark is the most noble family there is . Bran The Builder was the first King of Winter. that being said, the way they went about crowning 3 eye boy was the most bullshit thing that ever happened.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

I still have no idea why they had to end the show in a shortened 6 episode last season anyway. GoT was what was paying the bills for HBO.
D&D wanted to move on and get Disney money. HBO reportedly offered them a ton for another season. Recently saw the show made HBO an estimated 2 billion in profits

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
HBO should have handed the reigns to someone else. HBO's fault for relying on D&D so heavily.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
D&D wanted to move on and get Disney money. HBO reportedly offered them a ton for another season. Recently saw the show made HBO an estimated 2 billion in profits

They asked D&D to at least do a full length season finale if they wouldn't consider additional seasons. The other offer was more seasons and movie deals.

Disney won out, and they put GoT on the back burner and were allowed to turn in a very disrespectful effort.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They asked D&D to at least do a full length season finale if they wouldn't consider additional seasons. The other offer was more seasons and movie deals.

Disney won out, and they put GoT on the back burner and were allowed to turn in a very disrespectful effort.
the best irony is that they lost their Disney gig because they shit the bed on GoT. its even funnier because Disney obviously wasnt even looking at their creativity or lack thereof after the source material dried up. they just checked how much money they were pulling in for GoT and said, "we want them now!". these big corporations really need to have better researchers into why something works or doesnt work besides MONEY. i mean thats their goal, but if they could crack that nut on why shit works, then they could make their own popular shows without having to hijack somebody else's idea. obviously, i get my feedback on this stuff from our little nerd coven we have here. but we were bitching about this show starting to suck since season 5. were the normies still on board with this show until the final season?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The writing went from great to average by S5. Everything still worked if you didn't think too hard about it (basically standard TV show writing), the average viewer that just sits and absorbs was probably entertained. Anyone that thought Daenerys was a hero falls into this category since it's a good litmus test for how much people were thinking about the story. At the surface level she's a young woman out to reclaim her throne and who frees slaves from their bonds. Look a little deeper and you see a true narcissist that uses any and all means to advance her power, being absolutely ruthless and even cruel to anyone that ceases to be useful or no longer plays into her savior complex. It's right there from season 1.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Come on, dude. This is not rocket science. The entire last season made zero fucking sense. How can Bran become the ruler of King's Landing? He has zero fucking claim to the throne. You had everyone killing each other over who was the rightful heir to the 5 kingdoms, only to have everyone at the end say, "a cripple with zero noble blood is everyone's vote to be king? I'm cool with that." And when Bran returned as the Three Eyed Raven, Sansa told him he was the ruler of Winterfell, and he straight up said, "I can never be the ruler of Winterfell, I can never be the ruler of anything. I'm the Three Eyed Raven." So how the fuck do you go from that statement, to "Of course I'm the king, I knew it all along!" Unless you have full on retards as writers of the show.

Jon Snow was the rightful heir to the throne. Barring him winding up as the king, I would've been cool if Jon Snow would've been killed (although this kind of defeats the point of him being brought back to life), and literally anyone else would've become king, or queen. Hell, put a Lannister on the throne and give everyone their "oh shit!" moment. But what they decided to do was a god damn abortion, and yes, it ruins the entire fucking show, not just the last season. I have zero interest in watching any of the previous seasons now that I know how shittily it ends. The Night King dying from a tiny little dagger from Arya sure as fuck didn't enhance the final season at all. The whole thing was just a giant dumpster fire, and there were literally a thousand other ways you could've taken the story that would've been better then what they shit out.

I still have no idea why they had to end the show in a shortened 6 episode last season anyway. GoT was what was paying the bills for HBO. I actually recently cancelled my subscription to HBO because everything else they've done since has been dog shit, and not worth paying for.
It should have been clear at the time I was a bit rushed. I only got about 1/3rd of the way through my bullet points and missed much detail into why due to it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The writing went from great to average by S5. Everything still worked if you didn't think too hard about it (basically standard TV show writing), the average viewer that just sits and absorbs was probably entertained. Anyone that thought Daenerys was a hero falls into this category since it's a good litmus test for how much people were thinking about the story. At the surface level she's a young woman out to reclaim her throne and who frees slaves from their bonds. Look a little deeper and you see a true narcissist that uses any and all means to advance her power, being absolutely ruthless and even cruel to anyone that ceases to be useful or no longer plays into her savior complex. It's right there from season 1.
i dont think her urge to save everyone whether they liked it or not was in season 1, i think she really wanted to help people, or she imagined that she wanted to. i think it became a bit more obvious when she got her dragons and started fucking with the locals and how they ran things for thousands of years. you know damned well that when she got on that boat to sail to westeros the locals went right the fuck back to slaves and whatever else they were doing. her boytoy was probably laughing his ass off as he became defacto king of it all. the heel turn in season 8 doesnt mesh too well with that because killing everyone even when they said, "ok fine. you win" doesnt feed her ego. if there isnt anyone alive to suck her dick for saving them, its like what was the point. the real reason the show runners had her kill everyone was they sort of forgot about her story arc or they didnt give a fuck anymore about continuity and canon and thought having her plan to kill everyone no matter what was "cool". nothing deeper than that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
don't think this is news, but sites are treating as something new
they still dont realize how much D & D murder suicided this franchise. doesnt it also suffer the same problem? Dunk and Egg not being a finished series?

i havent read any Dunk & Egg books

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Dunk & Egg novellas are awesome, maybe better in a lot of ways than the main story. They're not finished, but it's prequel shit so it's kind of known what ends up happening.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Honestly at this point I'd almost prefer he just do Dunk & Egg books since he knows more how that's supposed to go, it's harder for him to paint himself into a corner that requires effort to get out of.

• 1Like