GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
He's right. I loved StarWars but nowadays, I don't give a single shit about it.
Fans shouldn't also act like it belongs to them. Yes it is what it is because of you but don't act like is the most precious thing in your life.
Just let it go if you don't like it.
These stories (and in some cases mythologies) have been altered in overt ways that are dishonest, and a giant "Fuck you" to the fan bases and peoples that saw them worthy of praise and notoriety in the first place.

Do I necessarily "fight" for these stories and IPs? No. But, I also understand why people are so mad, and hostile about it. They're stripping away Truth, Beauty, and integrity not just from your art - but from everything!

If the original creators were making these changes, fine. But that's not the case, it's pieces of shit organizations who buy them and alter them afterwards, into muddled shit.

Nothing is sacred anymore. Everything is a piece of capital, and nothing is timeless anymore apparently. Good on these people for fighting back, even if on a personal level the subject might be a bit corny.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They should fight back, like they did when Ryan Reynolds wanted a Deadpool movie or when fans wanted the Snyder cut.
But being a rabid fan, sending hate mail, or insulting on Twitter (sometimes the targeted person responds in the same way) is something that is beyond my comprehension.
One thing is being critical, other thing is being a gigantic cunt.

The best way to fight back is boycotting. If you don't like the way they are working, don't give them any attention, much more money.
The Disney trilogy is a good example, although the last movie should have made less than 100M (yeah I know it's Impossible but still...)

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fuck em. I won't personally do it, but I'm glad people are doing it.
if i ever met any of these people, id have no qualms telling them how shitty they made these franchises and how they wont ever get a penny from me. thats about as far as i would go. as much as i loved Star Wars as a kid, it was just a bunch of movies and toys for me. not gonna fuck somebody up over that. even the sheboon they picked to star in the supposed kenobi show. as much as she is a diversity hire, i wouldnt bother her on her social media about it. i dont even complain about this stuff on my own social media, just here with you nerds.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
These stories (and in some cases mythologies) have been altered in overt ways that are dishonest, and a giant "Fuck you" to the fan bases and peoples that saw them worthy of praise and notoriety in the first place.

Do I necessarily "fight" for these stories and IPs? No. But, I also understand why people are so mad, and hostile about it. They're stripping away Truth, Beauty, and integrity not just from your art - but from everything!

If the original creators were making these changes, fine. But that's not the case, it's pieces of shit organizations who buy them and alter them afterwards, into muddled shit.

Nothing is sacred anymore. Everything is a piece of capital, and nothing is timeless anymore apparently. Good on these people for fighting back, even if on a personal level the subject might be a bit corny.

Ummm, you do realize that this is George Lucas' fault, right? He's the one who sold the Star Wars franchise to Disney. He was already a billionaire, how much more money do you need? And now he bitches because the idiots at Disney have bastardized his creation. Well, captain fuck wit, if you didn't make the deal with the devil in the first place, you'd still own it and could've taken the series in any direction you wanted. Personally, I think everything after ROTJ has fucking sucked. George Lucas really shit the bed with the prequels, and the newer movies are fucking awful (sorry, but they are). The problem is Hollywood is completely out of fresh ideas, so we get nothing but terrible sequels now. I think there's another Indiana Jones movie coming out. Harrison Ford has to be close to 90. I mean, come the fuck on.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ummm, you do realize that this is George Lucas' fault, right? He's the one who sold the Star Wars franchise to Disney. He was already a billionaire, how much more money do you need? And now he bitches because the idiots at Disney have bastardized his creation. Well, captain fuck wit, if you didn't make the deal with the devil in the first place, you'd still own it and could've taken the series in any direction you wanted. Personally, I think everything after ROTJ has fucking sucked. George Lucas really shit the bed with the prequels, and the newer movies are fucking awful (sorry, but they are). The problem is Hollywood is completely out of fresh ideas, so we get nothing but terrible sequels now. I think there's another Indiana Jones movie coming out. Harrison Ford has to be close to 90. I mean, come the fuck on.

George had a non-binding agreement with Iger that they would produce the next 3 movies per his outlines. He was betrayed and has a right to bitch.

Both Iger in his autobiography and Kathleen Kennedy have admitted they sort of just stabbed him in the back.

George didn't think he needed a binding agreement for the sale, since Kathy was in charge and that was his girl. She'd see it through. That didn't happen and the sequels were decided by Iger to be original productions not based on George's outlines.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's not even getting into the extortion aspect-- when George got cold feet halfway through negotiations Iger threatened to collect hundreds of millions in damages if George walked away now since he had already agreed to the sale.

Again, more right to bitch.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
George had a non-binding agreement with Iger that they would produce the next 3 movies per his outlines. He was betrayed and has a right to bitch.

Both Iger in his autobiography and Kathleen Kennedy have admitted they sort of just stabbed him in the back.

George didn't think he needed a binding agreement for the sale, since Kathy was in charge and that was his girl. She'd see it through. That didn't happen and the sequels were decided by Iger to be original productions not based on George's outlines.
lets not give George a pass either as the outlines he gave them was incoherent trash.
Star Wars creator George Lucas intended the Whills to be microscopic single-celled life-forms who were essentially God;[7] the will of the Force.[8] Maintaining a symbiotic relationship with the midi-chlorians, the Whills fed off the Force and controlled the universe, offering destinies[7] to sentients such as Anakin Skywalker, who was destined to be the Chosen One of the Force to act as the tool by which balance was restored to the Force—to restore balance and harmony to all of life by destroying those who violated and would continue violating the symbiosis of life; users of the corruptive, addictive force of the dark side.[9] Individuals were controlled by the Force's will, yet they had free will; all had a destiny if they wanted to follow it.[8] The midi-chlorians were in turn symbionts with all of life: the midi-chlorians lived in every single cell of every living thing, and communicated to living beings the will of the Whills'—the will of the Force.[10] George Lucas' concept of the Whills align with the canon concept of the will of the Force, which was held by the Cosmic Force.[11] Lucas said that, had he held onto Lucasfilm Ltd. instead of selling it to The Walt Disney Company in 2012, the sequel trilogy would have featured the microbiotic world of the Whills.[7]

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Someone has to take on the franchise after he dies. He had a close relationship with Disney (star tours etc)

He wanted to cash out so he could give the proceeds away. He's one of the main guys behind that billionaire pledge

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lets not give George a pass either as the outlines he gave them was incoherent trash.
Star Wars creator George Lucas intended the Whills to be microscopic single-celled life-forms who were essentially God;[7] the will of the Force.[8] Maintaining a symbiotic relationship with the midi-chlorians, the Whills fed off the Force and controlled the universe, offering destinies[7] to sentients such as Anakin Skywalker, who was destined to be the Chosen One of the Force to act as the tool by which balance was restored to the Force—to restore balance and harmony to all of life by destroying those who violated and would continue violating the symbiosis of life; users of the corruptive, addictive force of the dark side.[9] Individuals were controlled by the Force's will, yet they had free will; all had a destiny if they wanted to follow it.[8] The midi-chlorians were in turn symbionts with all of life: the midi-chlorians lived in every single cell of every living thing, and communicated to living beings the will of the Whills'—the will of the Force.[10] George Lucas' concept of the Whills align with the canon concept of the will of the Force, which was held by the Cosmic Force.[11] Lucas said that, had he held onto Lucasfilm Ltd. instead of selling it to The Walt Disney Company in 2012, the sequel trilogy would have featured the microbiotic world of the Whills.[7]

I mean hindsight is 20/20. Maybe it's not so bad afterall....

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
George's sequels fit the current DCMU capeshit meta.

There's a lot you could have done there to take Starwar's in a more Marvel direction. I figure kids would eat it up.