GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Jon Snow one could intrigue me if it was done right. I liked the actor and enjoyed his role in Game of Thrones even if they completely fucked up his story in season 8. That regretfully is also what gives me little hope that it could be done right.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
How can they even build a sequel story without the other characters. Lol unless they just don't mention anything south of the wall because "peace and prosperity"

"Somehow....the night king returned"

Juvarisx

Florida
makes you realize how hard it is to get a good gig in movies/TV, pretty much all the GoT cast vanished after GoT. Arya was in that shitty MCU horror movie nobody watched, Sansa did that shitty X-Men movie then married a Jonas brother and vanished, even heavyweight actors like Littlefinger, Varys, etc have mostly done just small parts. All the shitty movies Dany did flopped (Terminator, rom-coms).

Khal Drogo's probably the biggest actor out of the cast and he was only in season 1, beyond the usual Shakespeare guys who are great in everything (Ned Stark, Robert, Tywin Lannister). Don't really see a ton from Tyrion or Cersei or Jaime either. Lady Bear Island is gonna be Ellie in TLOU TV show.

so yeah I can see why any would jump at the chance to be back in the spotlight, but a season of Jon Snow wandering around beyond the wall sounds so boring. Let me guess, the baby white walker from season 6 will have accelerated aging and be the new big bad lol

Kit Harrington had a legit breakdown after GoT finished and took a break from acting to just go bang Rose Leslie. First role back is Black Knight and now this I guess
Peter Dinklage is all about indie movies now that challenge him as an actor, he was really really good in I Care ALot
Lena Heady started a production company and is getting into directing
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is back to what he was before GoT which is nothing
Emilia Clarke has 3 movies filming, has a main role in Secret Wars and was doing Stage
Sophie Turner got married and is having kids
Maisie Williams is still doing stuff, I think shes actually a good actor if given the right material, she was good in Pistol which was a bad show

Sean Bean, Mark Addy, Aiden Glenn and Charles Dance will always get work if they want

The one who never took off was Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran), which is kinda weird to me i dunno. His career is stalled out

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
is Martin married? cuz in true GoT fashion, having his woman feed him til he strokes out and selling his work to somebody who knows what they are doing is the best move for everyone.

1655478377694.png

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If HBO had any balls and even the slightest bit of imagination, the Jon Snow spin off would open with Jon lying on a table opening his eyes and gasping for air. Melisandre would be standing in the room with the Onion Knight and we come to realize Jon has just been resurrected and everything that happened in S6,S7 and S8 was all a dream. A really bad fucking dream.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
If HBO had any balls and even the slightest bit of imagination, the Jon Snow spin off would open with Jon lying on a table opening his eyes and gasping for air. Melisandre would be standing in the room with the Onion Knight and we come to realize Jon has just been resurrected and everything that happened in S6,S7 and S8 was all a dream. A really bad fucking dream.

MV5BZDYyMzk1YzYtNGU4Ny00OWU3LTljMGEtYWMwM2U2NjYyNWM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

Newhart it.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
makes you realize how hard it is to get a good gig in movies/TV, pretty much all the GoT cast vanished after GoT. Arya was in that shitty MCU horror movie nobody watched, Sansa did that shitty X-Men movie then married a Jonas brother and vanished, even heavyweight actors like Littlefinger, Varys, etc have mostly done just small parts. All the shitty movies Dany did flopped (Terminator, rom-coms).

Khal Drogo's probably the biggest actor out of the cast and he was only in season 1, beyond the usual Shakespeare guys who are great in everything (Ned Stark, Robert, Tywin Lannister). Don't really see a ton from Tyrion or Cersei or Jaime either. Lady Bear Island is gonna be Ellie in TLOU TV show.

so yeah I can see why any would jump at the chance to be back in the spotlight, but a season of Jon Snow wandering around beyond the wall sounds so boring. Let me guess, the baby white walker from season 6 will have accelerated aging and be the new big bad lol
Robb Starke has had steady work and his miniseries playing some cop in London was pretty good. Jaime has done a good number of movies in the lead. Shot Caller was quite good as was the one where he plays a drunk recluse former hunter. Kit has done work also.

I think part of it is lots of these folks are British and do work in English TV/Movies. Kingslayer is the one really doing a lot of American stuff.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Jon Snow one could intrigue me if it was done right. I liked the actor and enjoyed his role in Game of Thrones even if they completely fucked up his story in season 8. That regretfully is also what gives me little hope that it could be done right.

Looking forward to this, hope it's good. Thought the end of season 8 left a lot of room for sequels. Arya heading out to explore sounded interesting too. Maybe they can bring her back with Jon in this new series and show us "What's west of Westeros".

Still don't understand the mass hate GoT gets now. Sometimes the herd just jumps off the cliff for the most trivial of reasons. It's baffling.

• 2WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is back to what he was before GoT which is nothing
He's 51, been married for 25 years, and has 2 kids. He's been working steadily in D-list roles ever since he was in Black Hawk Down but seems happy not being a gross Hollywood degenerate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Has an IP ever been so totally destroyed like GoT was? I just feel no desire to see any of this shit, it's dead.

Even the recently disgraced SJW takeover IPs show signs of life with stuff like Obi-Wan Kenobi or Strange New Worlds.

Maybe Terminator?
Star Wars is dead to me. I’m not even taking that stance as a protest against “wokeness”. I genuinely just don’t enjoy watching any of it anymore.

The magic is gone.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The corpses of Star Wars and Star Trek can go on for a quite a while longer. They had long runs and build big fan bases. For a whole lot of people Game of Thrones is just a show that shit all over itself in the final seasons and barely even memorable a few years later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Star Wars is dead to me. I’m not even taking that stance as a protest against “wokeness”. I genuinely just don’t enjoy watching any of it anymore.

The magic is gone.
Star Wars, Star Trek an Doctor Who have been destroyed, whats worse is it wasnt enough to destroy those IPs in the present, they are trying to make sure everyone doesnt enjoy the previous versions either by introducing canon destroying retcons. their goal wasnt ever making these things "better", it was destroying what you loved, killing it if they had to in order for you to accept their current year programming.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kit Harrington had a legit breakdown after GoT finished and took a break from acting to just go bang Rose Leslie.

He had some struggles with alcoholism around that time if I'm remembering correctly. He was boozing harder than Ben Affleck.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Looking forward to this, hope it's good. Thought the end of season 8 left a lot of room for sequels. Arya heading out to explore sounded interesting too. Maybe they can bring her back with Jon in this new series and show us "What's west of Westeros".

Still don't understand the mass hate GoT gets now. Sometimes the herd just jumps off the cliff for the most trivial of reasons. It's baffling.

Almost had me going with that first paragraph, second was too obvious, though

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Jon Snow was neutered after season 5. Seriously, he did nothing after he was brought back from the dead, aside telling everyone there were white walkers, and there was some dragon glass buried somewhere. They ruined GoT, and I have zero interest in seeing anything else HBO decides to shit out relating to this abortion.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Jon Snow was neutered after season 5. Seriously, he did nothing after he was brought back from the dead, aside telling everyone there were white walkers, and there was some dragon glass buried somewhere. They ruined GoT, and I have zero interest in seeing anything else HBO decides to shit out relating to this abortion.

Jon Snow never clashing swords with the Night King after all the build up and with that being all his arc is legendarily bad storytelling.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users