GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we don't have a HOTD thread?
stareb.gif

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
as much of a shithead Stephen King is and how he botched the final book in the Dark Tower series, he was very succesful in keeping that story alive in people's minds by having references to it in his other books. difference is King isnt a lazy fuck, he works his ass off writing even to this day, whether its good or bad. its mostly bad, but at least he keeps on chugging.

How about those movies he botched. Wonder how much input he had-- regardless hes a shithead for taking the quick paycheck.

1658309463634.png

And while he admits it was a mistake, Howard does note that it was one that helped the movie get made, seeing as the studio may not have wanted the R-rated version of what was eventually a $66 million film version of The Dark Tower’s first, and so far only, cinematic installment.

Ron Howard says it was a hardline requirement to get the movie funded. R was never on the table.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How about those movies he botched. Wonder how much input he had-- regardless hes a shithead for taking the quick paycheck.

View attachment 423088

Ron Howard says it was a hardline requirement to get the movie funded. R was never on the table.
King is a fuckwit now. i dont have the new books, but i heard he pulled a george lucas and altered some of his earlier books. as i said he is mostly a bad writer, but nobody can ever say he wasnt prolific. Martin is just lazy. i rather have had a predictable 6th book than no book at at all. there is no way he can write a book nobody expects and everyone will love. better to go with first instincts and keep doing what you doing. not nothing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
iu

seriously his schtick is starting to sound like the evil mom in Flowers In The Attic. the kids spend their entire childhood locked up in the attic waiting for the grandfather to die so they could leave and the mom visits every few months or less and gushes on and on about what a wonderful time she's having with a new boyfriend and lots of money out in the world. after a while the kids dont even give a fuck if she ever comes back and the daughter straight up calls her out on her fucking shit. "bitch, when can we leave? how long are you keeping us prisoner here!?" the mom has the nerve to act insulted saying, "you kids are ungrateful brats, all the things i have done for you, i bring you presents every time i visit. HOW DARE YOU!!!!?" thats GRRM right now. hi guys i might finish a chapter this week and close up one of the few dozen POV characters, maybe two! isnt that nice? i fucking hope he ends up how the mother did in the movie adaption of Flowers In The Attic.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Mother "death" in flowers in the attic was WEAK.
maybe, but its more fitting for the way GRRM is treating his fans. i assume he still has fans. people who havent waited over a decade for his next book are maybe still fans of his.

Goatface

A new “Game of Thrones” prequel about Aegon I Targaryen’s conquest of Westeros is being actively discussed at HBO, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.
As the project is in its very early stages, no writer is currently attached, though sources say that the search is underway as HBO is keen to move forward and get it into development. Sources also say that there may be a feature component to the project, i.e. HBO and Warner Bros. would produce a feature film that would then lead into the potential series, though plans remain in flux at present.
The show would tell the story of how Aegon and his sister-wives, Visenya and Rhaenys, used their army and their three dragons to conquer six of the seven kingdoms on Westeros with the exception of Dorne. In doing so, Aegon I became the first king of Westeros, the first to sit on the Iron Throne, and the founder of the Targaryen Dynasty. Those events took place approximately 300 years prior to the events of “Game of Thrones.”

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

A new “Game of Thrones” prequel about Aegon I Targaryen’s conquest of Westeros is being actively discussed at HBO, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.
As the project is in its very early stages, no writer is currently attached, though sources say that the search is underway as HBO is keen to move forward and get it into development. Sources also say that there may be a feature component to the project, i.e. HBO and Warner Bros. would produce a feature film that would then lead into the potential series, though plans remain in flux at present.
The show would tell the story of how Aegon and his sister-wives, Visenya and Rhaenys, used their army and their three dragons to conquer six of the seven kingdoms on Westeros with the exception of Dorne. In doing so, Aegon I became the first king of Westeros, the first to sit on the Iron Throne, and the founder of the Targaryen Dynasty. Those events took place approximately 300 years prior to the events of “Game of Thrones.”
I always feel like their bullet point approach to these shows is why they are, or are going to, fail (in comparison to GOT).

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm watching the original series again, have not watched it since it first aired and damn its such a good show. At least the first 5 seasons.

Nothing in the last few years compares to this series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I'd probably put Dark and Chernobyl (but only 1 season makes it unfair) above GoT s1-5 but I wouldn't quibble with anyone who puts GoT above them.

The problem is GoT s8 is just so bad it retroactively really ruins the entire show.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Yea, The Imp was my favorite character until they stopped giving a fuck he caught a bad case of The Stupids. The existence of Season 8 makes it hard to justify getting people to watch.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
HBO should have given subscribers the number of episodes expected, whether D&D wanted to do it or not.

Bloys dropped the ball. They knew they had bad intentions for season 8 writing-wise, were talking to Disney at the time, and didn't want to do any real further work on GoT. It went from 2-3 more seasons of budget beyond Season 8, to not even Season 8 happening. That's where HBO fucked up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The real magic of Season 8 is that it's so bad it distracts people from how bad Seasons 6 and 7 were.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users