GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
dany is spending too long in the sun and is developing freckles. more sunscreen and hats when off-set please.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd never looked at the no spoiler thread before just now; if I had never read the books I wouldn't touch that thread with a 10 foot pole. So many nostradouches who throw in a few wild ass "theories" with their spoilers so they don't seem so douchey.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd never looked at the no spoiler thread before just now; if I had never read the books I wouldn't touch that thread with a 10 foot pole. So many nostradouches who throw in a few wild ass "theories" with their spoilers so they don't seem so douchey.
Even the book readers who aren't doing it will throw stuff like "Oh man, the end of this season is going to be so shocking." Stuff which isn't a spoiler, but does let you know something big is coming.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the best bit is they save the WTF for the next to last episode of the season and so if anyone who watches the show on DVD or waits for the season to end asks, so how did the season finale go? you can say, ahh it was fine. not much happened. then they watch ep9 and are like, you bastard!

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm having trouble remembering how I pictured the characters in the book, before I watched the show. Anyone else have this problem?

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
The actors who have done an exceptional job with respect to adhering to how the character is in the books, have pretty much permanently been ingrained into my brain when I read. For me its mainly Joff, Arya, Ned, Theon, and a few others.

Its kind of weird too, because I didnt just decide to use them when I read because theyve done a great job, it just sort of, happened. I still use my own images for Tyrion, Jon, Sandor, Jaime and many others. I cant help but picture Gleeson as Joffrey, because well, heisJoffrey, if you know what I mean. I dont know how I pictured him before that actor.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm having trouble remembering how I pictured the characters in the book, before I watched the show. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, the actors have pretty much replaced whatever mental image I had of them.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I still see Tywin as this guy in my head:

rrr_img_25248.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Wait, you didn't picture Tyrion exactly like Peter Dinklage? He's seriously so dead on to my mind's version it's ridiculous.
I don't know, his description in the book is pretty different from Peter. His eyes are suppose to be mismatched, his hair is supposed to be white-blonde and longer, big jutting forehead, etc.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My brain has kept them separated for some reason, even on characters where it's been proven I was way the fuck off in how I pictured them. Davos, Khal Drogo etc.

Peter Dinklage is a handsome little fucker. Book Tyrion isnot.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The only weird thing to me is my mental image of Mance was almost the spitting image of Mayor Carcetti so now during this reread I'm going to have to somehow deal with the fact that I see Littlefinger and Mance as twins.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
In my mind Mance was definitely different, and I still have that. When I see Mance on screen it takes me a moment to realize who he is. I imagined him being a lot lighter, more stringy or something.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
In my mind Mance was definitely different, and I still have that. When I see Mance on screen it takes me a moment to realize who he is. I imagined him being a lot lighter, more stringy or something.
I agree somewhat. I think Ciaran Hinds looks too kingly for Mance. Part of the whole initial scene with Jon meeting Mance is that Mance just looks like some regular dude. That being said, I'm digging Hind's protrayal so far.