GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Promo for next week was well done...zero hints of what is to come.
Yeah, I like that they aren't really telegraphing the horrible things that will happen. My girlfriend and my sister are probably going to cry after that episode. I can't wait.

Fedor

<Banned>
Yeah, HBO always skips Memorial Day weekend for GoT. They did it last year for season 2 as well. Season 1s lowest rated show was Memorial Day. No one is watching TV in the US on a Sunday night of a 3 day weekend.
This is the first season they've skipped Memorial Day weekend.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, HBO always skips Memorial Day weekend for GoT. They did it last year for season 2 as well. Season 1s lowest rated show was Memorial Day. No one is watching TV in the US on a Sunday night of a 3 day weekend.
Nobody's watching so they'll premiere a high-profile movie with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon instead next week.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I like that they aren't really telegraphing the horrible things that will happen. My girlfriend and my sister are probably going to cry after that episode. I can't wait.
There is nothing better than the anticipation of familial pain.

Bodger

Silver Knight of the Realm
Heh yea..leaving the only obsidian dagger which seems to be the secret to killing the white walkers...smooth move. Also not as if its news to anyone but Piss Drunk Tyrion is best Tyrion, funnest lines from his character since his speech at the Eyrie - he was starting to become too serious of character all the time for my liking.

The shits about to hit the fan and I cant wait!

Disp_sl

shitlord
Holy crap, episode was crazy from start to finish. So much shit is about to go down. Didn't know they're not showing next episode next weekend. Fuuuuu.

Also Melisandre's body is A++++++ god damn.

iannis

Musty Nester
That reminds me of a joke.

What do broccoli and anal sex have in common?

If you were forced to have it as a kid you're not going to care for it as an adult.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so if they conclude all the threads in the show before the books conclude theirs, wouldnt that severely rape the story for book readers as well? basically it means we cant watch season 7?

great episode btw, i didnt think id ever see emilia clarke's luscious melons again. and melisandre has quite the ghetto booty.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Somebody told me that Emilia Clarke had refused to do any more nude scenes. Glad to see that they were wrong.

spronk

FPS noob
Loved the episode. The misery of Tirion was well done, and the effects at the end of Sam killing the WW was good shit. Only issue I have with it is none of the rest of the Knight's Watch saw him do it.
the end scene was fucking awesome, I was yelling at my TV like a black guy in the movie theater - RUN Wakandan RUN, OH SHIT Wakandan DON'T GO OUTSIDE YOU GONNA DIE. It was a good decision to move Sam the Slayer to the new solo scene, it would have been a bit confusing I think with all the other shit going on to film it like the book. And yeah, its going to make the impact of Sam the Slayer with his fellow Nights Watch not as good if its a story just relayed by Gillie, but lets face it that stuff wasn't thaaaaat important (just to setup Jon as Commander) and Sam is off to the Tower soon enough anyways.

Daario was fucking terrible though, even without all the weird blue hair and mustache shit he should have been more brown and bigger. But fuck it, it gave us another Dany nude scene, goddamn that girl is hotter than dragons breath.

I thought Mel was trying to make another shadow baby, what the fuck is up with the leeches... yeah, all 3 of her "targets" die but some not for quite a while, and most of the deaths were set in motion a while back anyways. I didn't really understand what the point of all that was.

iannis

Musty Nester
Double reverse spoilers or "How GRRM trolled the absolute piss out of his own diehard fans for a quick buck".

Honestly I can envision a few ways that they could pull it off without pissing either audience off too much. You could have an open ended series finale with the subtext being "and for more of the story, to see how that goes and all -- read the final 2 books!" It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do considering the method and structure of the "story". The final 2 seasons will probably start to winnow down into specific threads is all, rather than being the great clay tapestry of the earlier seasons.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
I thought Mel was trying to make another shadow baby, what the fuck is up with the leeches... yeah, all 3 of her "targets" die but some not for quite a while, and most of the deaths were set in motion a while back anyways. I didn't really understand what the point of all that was.
She said it in the damn scene, he wanted a demonstration of her god's power.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Another great episode. They are really knocking this season out of the park so far. Cersei really over played her hand openly threatening Margery. Don't remember if that convo happened in the book, but I had to snicker with the knowledge that Margie will have a hand in her sons death.

Really impressed with the minor details D&D throw in from time to time. Found the naked women on the hilt of Daarios blade a nice touch as was his arahk (sp?) thingy at the end when he swore allegence to Dany. Gotta say though, the whole Daario/Dany romance is going to be painful to watch.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
With this episode ending with the other and Sam the slayer.... seems like the season might end with Sam meeting Coldhands. Cant really see what else they can use to end it since we get Red Wedding next episode and Joffery dying in season 4.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Another great episode. They are really knocking this season out of the park so far. Cersei really over played her hand openly threatening Margery. Don't remember if that convo happened in the book, but I had to snicker with the knowledge that Margie will have a hand in her sons death.

Really impressed with the minor details D&D throw in from time to time. Found the naked women on the hilt of Daarios blade a nice touch as was his arahk (sp?) thingy at the end when he swore allegence to Dany. Gotta say though, the whole Daario/Dany romance is going to be painful to watch.
in the books cersei wasnt this openly hostile to her this early. she fully reveals her hatred after she sets her up to be arrested

Goatface

don't think there was ever any legitimate sources for that. but could be cgi for all i know.