GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I haven't really kept up with this thread lately, aside from the recent Red Wedding stuff (and that stupid Purple Wedding bullshit), so it might have been discussed somewhere, but is anyone else really annoyed with Arya the past few seasons? All she does is whine, whine, whine and occasionally threaten people. I was actually hoping The Hound would chop her fucking head off so I wouldn't have to listen to her anymore. I know she's still typically the "darling" of the show, and she was great in the books (and the first season of the show), but I just about cringe every time she has a scene now. Many characters have "come to life" so to speak for me in the show, but her character has been pretty much ruined by it (for me).

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Cause the Greyjoys give no fucks? They don't care who the fucking king is as long as they aren't bending a knee to him.
Naw bro, they want to destroy it all.

If and how he ousts the Ironborn is anyone's guess.
That's just it, they aren't ever going to take a knee to anyone and they wanna pillage the fuck out of everything and rule the seas...something will have to be done about em and until there is anything done about them they are just as much of a threat as anyone at this point.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Her character would definitely have more of an impact in the show if they didn't declaw her for some reason. They should have had her slit that northman's throat when she left Harrenhal instead of Jaqen cleaning up for her. Hopefully they will include the scene in the tavern where she kills someone after Sandor starts a fight.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't think it is more a matter of her circumstance in season 3, than her character itself? That is like saying you like Jaime, up until the point he just wallowed around in the mud and his own feces all day, and that just ruined his character... Arya is just at a point of character progression. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And who better to crush ones youthful idealism than the Hound? Dude is the only person in the story who knows that everything is bullshit and wants no part in it.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
That was an amazing episode. The massacre just seemed to come out of nowhere. I'm so glad I had no idea it was going to happen. One of the most jaw dropping pieces of TV I can recall. I also hope Piggy dies in the next one. Really can't stand that fat ass for some reason.
Sam? Doubtful, I don't know what signifigance it'll have, but it seems pretty obvious that bran/jojen reed are going to meet sam/gilly eventually in one of those abandoned castles with frozen gates along the wall since they were both talking about it.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wonder if they will even show that sidestory of Brienne's from Feast where she sees the Hound digging graves. I have a feeling they are going to chop a lot from Feast.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
He is the most powerful and highest ranking Northern Lord left. Assuming Tywin appreciates getting Jamie back (if it happens) and appreciates Bolton's work at the Red Wedding, he would most likely make Bolton Warden of the North.

If and how he ousts the Ironborn is anyone's guess.
Greatjon Umber isnt dead yet right?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sam is gonna piss us all off and end up being important in some way or sacrificing himself in some noble way that will also piss us off.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't really kept up with this thread lately, aside from the recent Red Wedding stuff (and that stupid Purple Wedding bullshit), so it might have been discussed somewhere, but is anyone else really annoyed with Arya the past few seasons? All she does is whine, whine, whine and occasionally threaten people. I was actually hoping The Hound would chop her fucking head off so I wouldn't have to listen to her anymore. I know she's still typically the "darling" of the show, and she was great in the books (and the first season of the show), but I just about cringe every time she has a scene now. Many characters have "come to life" so to speak for me in the show, but her character has been pretty much ruined by it (for me).
I'm pretty sure I was incredibly frustrated with her chapters in the book too. Seemed like a whole lot of traversing the countryside not making any progress. It wasn't until she got to Braavos that her story started to kick ass.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wonder if they will even show that sidestory of Brienne's from Feast where she sees the Hound digging graves. I have a feeling they are going to chop a lot from Feast.
Was that confirmed that it was the Hound? I kind of guessed it was him, but I don't remember that ever being confirmed in the books.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty sure I was incredibly frustrated with her chapters in the book too. Seemed like a whole lot of traversing the countryside not making any progress. It wasn't until she got to Braavos that her story started to kick ass.
If by kick ass you mean got even worse? Only GRRM could take getting initiated into a brotherhood of face-changing assassins and make it boring as hell.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You don't think it is more a matter of her circumstance in season 3, than her character itself? That is like saying you like Jaime, up until the point he just wallowed around in the mud and his own feces all day, and that just ruined his character... Arya is just at a point of character progression. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
But I didn't hate her chapters in the book, even when it was fairly boring. It has been years since I read it so I will admit that I might not remember it all that well, but I know I didn't hate her character at all, like I do now in the show.

And Jaime was still an interesting character even when he wallowed around in mud and feces. Arya's parts in the book were fairly interesting too, from what I remember, but the show has basically condensed all of that down to, "You promised! You broke your promise! I hate you! I'm going to kill you!" Multiple times. She has the potential to be a great character (as shown in the book), and everyone loved her in the first season, but it just seems to me like they've thrown almost all of her likeability out and just made her whine over and over.

It could be just me, but I have to think that others are getting a little tired of her by now. Maybe I'm wrong. I want to be wrong, believe me, as she's one of the characters that kept me going through some of the drier parts.

Merrith

Oh I don't doubt it is him, I just wasn't sure if somewhere in the books that I had forgotten about it 100% confirmed it was him. I fully expect Sandor to play a pivotal role in eventually ending Un-Gregor.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
But I didn't hate her chapters in the book, even when it was fairly boring. It has been years since I read it so I will admit that I might not remember it all that well, but I know I didn't hate her character at all, like I do now in the show.

And Jaime was still an interesting character even when he wallowed around in mud and feces. Arya's parts in the book were fairly interesting too, from what I remember, but the show has basically condensed all of that down to, "You promised! You broke your promise! I hate you! I'm going to kill you!" Multiple times. She has the potential to be a great character (as shown in the book), and everyone loved her in the first season, but it just seems to me like they've thrown almost all of her likeability out and just made her whine over and over.

It could be just me, but I have to think that others are getting a little tired of her by now. Maybe I'm wrong. I want to be wrong, believe me, as she's one of the characters that kept me going through some of the drier parts.
Her character is condensed, in the same way Jon's is. She's not as much of a badass in the show as she was in the books at this point. How many times has she recited her 'list', twice? But each episode is only an hour and you can only show so much. That way some actors disappear for 2-3 episodes (Jaime) because there is just not enough time for them. I think as long as the main points are kept from the books, people are happy. Which is ironic, because if the show wasn't called Game of Thrones, the bitching would be immense at the writing.

Merrith

I think Arya still comes across pretty badass. Her basically telling the Hound she was going to fucking kill him at some point and him not just laughing it off was a very subtle way of giving the threat the weight it deserved. Jaime's character I think suffers the most from the lack of screen time (at least as far as his development goes). He has some major changes that go on in his head that we don't ever get to see. In many instances on the show, they've done a great job of using other devices to make up for the lack of inner dialogue that goes on in the characters' heads...but in some cases there isn't a way to really portray it with the few short lines many of the scenes get week to week. For instance, it hasn't had the chance to happen yet because he hasn't returned to KL, but when Jaime is reading the Kingsguard book and noting how he didn't have very much written about himself, whereas Ser Barristan had a long list of accomplishments in the book, it really affected him.