GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Whatever Littlefinger's ultimate goals are you know his shit is going to get wrecked by one of the major players. There's nothing greater than a scheming overachiever getting outplayed or just plain overpowered as a condemnation. Justice would be most served by Sansa leveling up over the next book and figuring out what LF did to her family and completely destroying him. But there's a ton of other actors that have lots of reasons to want him dead.
And then you remember that you're reading A Song of Ice and Fire where it's been pretty firmly established that things you don't expect to happen quite often do. I wouldn't be surprised to see Little Finger be very successful, and I also wouldn't be surprised if his downfall (assuming he has one) comes as a result of something completely out of left field.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
By holding Harrenhall and the Tully's being "in exile" essentially, Littlefinger is technicly the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands at the moment.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
By holding Harrenhall and the Tully's being "in exile" essentially, Littlefinger is technicly the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands at the moment.
Wouldn't it be the Freys? Why wouldn't the Lannisters/Boltons give them that as a pot-sweetener for the red wedding?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And then you remember that you're reading A Song of Ice and Fire where it's been pretty firmly established that things you don't expect to happen quite often do. I wouldn't be surprised to see Little Finger be very successful, and I also wouldn't be surprised if his downfall (assuming he has one) comes as a result of something completely out of left field.
I agree, it's foolish to make specific predictions about asoiaf. But I'm pretty confident in my general prediction that LF is going to get his, and I think it will be poetic justice even if it's not dealt by one of the people directly harmed by him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wouldn't it be the Freys? Why wouldn't the Lannisters/Boltons give them that as a pot-sweetener for the red wedding?
Joffrey already gave Harrenhal to LF after the battle of blackwater and the Tullys were still holding on to their claim well after the RW? the freys were actually there to take over Rivverrun and they did so but only after Jaime brokered a deal.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Riverrun is given to Emmon Frey as part of the agreements for the red wedding. It's not until book 4 when Jaime shows up to the siege with his army and negotiates a surrender with Edmure that Emmon actually gets his prize though. That's also when Jaime points out that Lord Baelish is the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, not Emmon Frey.

The only thing I'm curious about with the Littlefinger/Sansa garbage is what happens when Tyrion eventually shows back up alive in Westeros, since he's still legally her husband.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Harrenhall is the traditional capital of the Riverlands, for thousands of years before some platinum haired wanker and his sister-wives on their dragons came and melted it. The Tully's bent knee (before Harrenhall burned maybe even) and were acknowledged as the Lord's Paramount when Aegon was done burninating.

With the Tully's gone, I guess the title goes back to Harrenhall? In spite of the fact that Littlefinger has all of like 5 guys there and never visited the place in his life.

The wiki lists Baelish as the Lord Paramount of the Riverrun and lists this fact as part of the reason he was able to marry Lysa Tully/Arryn because his standing was on par with hers (Lord Paramount).

It also mentions the Frey's made a new cadet house to occupy Riverrun.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What the capital city of the riverlands is and who owns it seems almost irrelevant since everything will get shaken up when the white walkers start piling over the wall and all the big names converge on fighting them.

A Sansa/Tyrion marriage would be hilarious and make some sense but I think that's really unlikely.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The wiki lists Baelish as the Lord Paramount of the Riverrun and lists this fact as part of the reason he was able to marry Lysa Tully/Arryn because his standing was on par with hers (Lord Paramount).
Yep, Littlefinger even comments that he knows the title is meaningless, yet it was enough to let him wed Lysa.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
What the capital city of the riverlands is and who owns it seems almost irrelevant since everything will get shaken up when the white walkers start piling over the wall and all the big names converge on fighting them.

A Sansa/Tyrion marriage would be hilarious and make some sense but I think that's really unlikely.
Except White Walkers are a stupid fairy tale about something that happened 8000 years ago and no one cares. Who the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands is quite real and important.

You Northerners and your stories.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Really unlikely? They ARE married. I don't know what it takes to set aside a marriage in Westeros, but I'm guessing that Tyrion never forcing her to consummate the marriage would make it easier to set aside.

I mean I guess it's widely known that Tyrion escaped, so nobody thinks she's a widow, but she's still technically married to him.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
"In the Faith of the Seven, a marriage that has not been consummated can be set aside by the High Septon or a Council of Faith."

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"In the Faith of the Seven, a marriage that has not been consummated can be set aside by the High Septon or a Council of Faith."
Sansa is already suspicious of LF, and everyone else in the world, I wonder what the odds are she could at some point lie about consummating with Tyrion to get her way with something, or use the threat of it as leverage. Because LF will certainly have something worked out with the church to get her clear of that before the big Stark reveal.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
An annulment granted by the High Septon requires no witnesses and must be requested by at least one of the wedded pair
So I guess he can keep it all secret if he convinces the High Septon to keep quiet.

Sansa is already suspicious of LF, and everyone else in the world, I wonder what the odds are she could at some point lie about consummating with Tyrion to get her way with something, or use the threat of it as leverage. Because LF will certainly have something worked out with the church to get her clear of that before the big Stark reveal.
A good point, except she's still a virgin, something they can (and would) physically verify. Unless she has the forethought to pop her own cherry.